Fake,absurd "reviews" on AudioReview.com

TheEAR

AudioReview has to be revisited in order to taste nonsense at its finest,most reviews are worthless and misleading crap written by people who do not have a clue about audio.Plus most posters have a very poor
reference point for quality and overrate their products,some caim to live in castles and own millions of dollars worth of audio.

Take this "review" for example.

"

Reviewed by: realman, AudioPhile

Price Paid: $600 at mail order

Product Model Year:

Summary:
This subwoofer from SONY represents extremely high level of performance and build quality. The efortless power together with control and pace makes it suitable both for cinema and critical music listening. In A/B comparison it easily bests Sunfire Signature and rivals the best subs on the market! Sony really surprised me with this product. Value for the money is simply incredible.

Strengths:
Efortless 1000W power and control due to unique push-push design (no bass refleks!), speed, lack of compression. Adjustments for movie and music.

Weaknesses:
Sony brand does not seem to be respected in audiophile circles. This sub is then not well recognized. Big mistake.

Similar Products Used:
Revel B-15, Paradigm Servo 15 signature, Krell sub, Velodyne subs, Klipsh 15 inch with passive radiator, definitive technology top model.

"

[:@]

What a liar,he used a Krell sub too ...LOL

The Sony beats a Sunfire Signature too! No this is way too much ...

Sure

How about I buy one of these Sony subs and do A/B tests against against my Revel B15,Velo HGS18,Aerial SW12,Klipsch RSW15,RSW12...and I name.The Sunfire Sig. has very good output down to 20Hz,and is a monster at 30Hz.The Sony BS is about to get exposed,as I will get this unit and meaure its output at 20 and 31.5Hz before it reaches its limits.

This "review" was written by a Sony employee and its way too obvious.I dare Sony as a company to submit this MIRACLE sub to Mr Nousaine for testing and for comparison against the subs this "reviewer" "compared".
Lets see how great it is [;)]

Ha...when Sony best the sunfire we'll know they've turned the corner.Audio review is only a tool to be used by those that can discern that small morsal of usefull info from the "giant killer"rantings.

I found that I learned more about the various products on audioreview by the people who DIDN'T like the product.It seemed to me that every product had it's cult following that would say anything from company X is great.Then you had the guys who spent a small fortune for something, how can you admit you bought 5k worth of so-so gear.Then other products are all over the scale.Ten posts rave that a given speaker is the second coming, and then more would say the total opposite, shear crap stay away.I noticed this about Axiom in particular.I'm not trying picking on Axiom , never listened to them,I just found the polar oppisite reviews suspicious - right or wrong.

Keep the entertaining/informative and posts coming Ear, your a fun read, info. doesn't always have to be dull as dishwater.If your elfish in stature it certainly doesn't matter here, your pen roars like a lion....

They are about as useful as the Stereophile reviews. Every speaker is highly recommended at its price point.

It reminds me of the local Philly version of 'American Bandstand' that used to be on TV here. During a section of the show they would have the audience of teenagers listen to a new song and grade it. In almost all case the response was "good beat, easy to dance to, I'll give it an 85.

Axiom speakers are NOTHING great,save for their two upscale subwoofers that stand high above the norm(these are capable subs and can compete with SVS,Sunfire and the works).Axiom speakers are grosly overrated,I heard the largest towers and the bookshelf ones.NOTHING special

My point was this above review is full of $h1t.

The so called "realman" who is a real clown and nothing more claims to have compared this to Krell,Sunfire,the Klipsch RSW15(read his description)and a Revel B15.And the SOny stands toe to toe so to speak and even bests the SUnfire.Now you will excuse me but this is total bullcrap. You go ahead and buy the Sony POS and think it is all this bum claims it is.

Strange you see no Sony subwoofers in any Nousaine sub performance list.

I just ordered this morning this very Sony sub and will shed light on this lie laced "review".Trust me the Sony better deliver 117dB at 31.5Hz and over 100dB at 20Hz or I will put my world reknown FRAUD stamp on this review and the poster as well as his momma. [6]

LOL...Other products used : Krell sub. Yeah, right. Definitive Technology "Top Model." Didn't know they had one called Top Model.

[:P]

Exactly,I was looking at Definitive Tech website,failed to find the Top Model sub and only saw the so called "Reference" unit.Oh well

And as for Krell,they manufacture two units the Master Reference Subwoofer a $27000 piece of 400lbs packed with dual custom 15" TC sounds woofers powered by a Krell amp with over 2.5KW or brute Krell force.And a lesser unit is using a 15" woofer in the Resolution series....these were compared with a $600 ...Sony sub... LOL HA HA HA

Obviously some Sony employee.And former B0$e owner

AudioReview can only be trusted by very naive people.

oh wow, krell uses TC woofers too? Do you know what oem they use in thier speakres and tweeters?

Of course I know.Anyboy who knows fine European speaker driver makers can tell you.

The LAT series use ScanSpeak reference drivers(bass up to the tweeter drivers).The resolution series use again ScanSpeak.Of course some units may be modified by ScanSpeak to suit Krell's demands.

I don't get it...why does a bad review rile you up so much? I would just note the author's name and never trust any claim the guy makes ever again.

[:'(]

Because it is NOT a review,Audioreview is hosting BS posted by real deal bashers.Because lies should be deleted.The poster of this nonsense banned,jailed and sent to a labour camp to pay for his crimes against audio.[:D]

Ear

Because it is NOT a review,Audioreview is hosting BS posted by real deal bashers.Because lies should be deleted.The poster of this nonsense banned,jailed and sent to a labour camp to pay for his crimes against audio

Cane em, when they see the skin flyin' off thier @ss, they'll know the wrath of the Ear :)

All kidding aside, how do you find "honest" reviews? Magazines? They're in bed with the advertisers I think.Audioreview is one of the more interesting sites to me, I try to gauge what a guy is saying against what equipment he owns/owned.The guys with an axe to grind are exposed right away with something like "more crap from Klipsch". Never liked the product never will, that review is ignored.Then you have other guys who rate everything relative to the BB , Circuit City gear, take with a grain of salt.I think it's kinda fun to me but maybe I a geek of another magnitude.

The review is obvious BS when the weaknesses are a statement of holding up a brand name.

"Weaknesses:

Sony brand does not seem to be respected in audiophile circles. This sub is then not well recognized. Big mistake."

First,the claim Sony as a brand is not respected in audiophile circles is not true.As Sony's ES series and the statement SACD players are very respected by audiophiles in the know.

Second Sony subwoofers are known to be colored,far from neutral.This distracts from the musical message.

Third this subwoofer lacks the output to compete even remotely with the subwoofers the author claims he used(or at least compared with).

A clever atempt by a Sony employee to sell more of his stock. [:|]

I don't get it...why does a

bad review rile you up so much? I would just note the author's name and

never trust any claim the guy makes ever again.

[:'(]

Because

it is NOT a review,Audioreview is hosting BS posted by real deal

bashers.Because lies should be deleted.The poster of this nonsense

banned,jailed and sent to a labour camp to pay for his crimes against

audio.[:D]

You know what is sad, a lot of unknowing people will see it, and

believe it. There is no way in hell ANY sony "subwoofer" is going to

match my Sunfire Signature, my tiny brute will eat it for lunch, spit

out the rest, and feed it to the dogs.

Sony making a subwoofer is a joke.