I need this like I need a hole in my head.

3dzapper

I thought I'd be safe bidding $59.99 for this HK 630. Yeah right!!

I just wanted to see what it would sell for. Now I own it. Hope it sounds as good as everybody says. It'll most likely end up in a garage system with KG-4.5s and an old Technics CD player.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5820682983&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Rick

post-12829-13819273988964_thumb.jpg

Congrats! I got in on the frenzy and have a 430 powering a little set of KSB1.1's in my bedroon and the 730 still sits unused on the 'Mikes Pile-O-Shopping' stack. But I'll put it to use one day somewhere. I just had so many superflous Klipsch speakers that I thought I needed an equal number of amp channels.

For the price you pair, you can't go wrong, even for the garage, they are ballsy little receivers with NICE tuners and phono stages. Mine hums on first powerup, so I follow Andy's instructions and either vol down or speakers off when powering up. If you have any trouble, there's fuses all over the place, I think I read 8 somewhere on the units back, insides, and bottom.

Michael

Rick,

If you decide you don't want it, I'm looking for something that my wife can operate for our outside speakers. All I have in the house is tube gear and she's allergic to it.[+o(]

Send it my way and I'll give you your money back.

Allergic!!! LOL!!

Gary, I may take you up on your offer. But, to be fair, Arf has dibs. First it has to get here. Then I will check it out. I wouldn't want to send you a clunker. If Steve can save a FedEx trip that would be good.

I'll be in touch.

Rick

After getting the crackling volume knob problem fixed, I can say that I absolutely love my 730 that I just got. $79.99 buy-it-now on eBay!

Midrange vocals seem to be much more realistic. Listening to the Eagles Farewell Tour DVD, Glen Frey's voice sounds a million times more natural than my old Sony receiver. The treble is still bright somewhat, but much more natural sounding. Cymbals sound like cymbals. Triangles sound like triangles.

With most recordings, the volume knob at the 10 o'clock position plays the music incredibly louder than I expected from a 'low wattage' amp. Just goes to show what you get when you get some real watts.

I like that Wuzzer- REAL WATTS, these dual power supply babies do have some balls, don't they?

I love my 430 through a pair of revamped Heresies- Now there is some classic rock sound, pretty sweet even at low volumes for that early morning jazz or classical as well. I LIKE IT!!!

Michael

If they ever tested these modern wonders like they did back in the original FTC days, 1/3(1/2?) power all channels driven for one hour with no thermal cycling, the modern eighty eight channel amps would be rated like 3 honest watts per channel!

Rick

Edit: I'm talking mass market items here. Some of the high end stuff is still built like an M1 Abrhams.