Home theater full of pride for only being 18

33klfan

I hear what yer sayin Johny and I thanks ya. Friend o mine took too many paper squares mixed hiself up real good now speaks magic carpet ride and platform and swimming flow thru life all the time. But I knows what he sez too, maybe I et too many o dem squares.[<:o)]

M

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colterphoto1 said, "maybe I et too many o dem squares... lol

ooooo the colors..... time for a dark side of the moon listening session cranked up!!! Might make a speed cleaning session work!!

Either that, or hire a "french maid" in the outfit to "help" you get everything you need into the right place..LOL..

oh my!!

do your components get hot in that rack,Star </li><li>left speaker is to close to the wall,to much reflection off that wall, toe them in a little,somethings got to give, side to side for better speaker placement Star </li><li>an are the tweeters at ear level.

No, just warm, the nad has 3 fans on the bottom. I had my receiver and cd player on for 10 hrs at one time which is far more than ever. That was a rare day. With that in mind, it was just warm, easily touchable for a long time. Does it look like i have an option for left speaker placement. They are slightly toed in but not much. There isn't much room for fine adjusting. I gaurantee u it sounds quite fine. By somethings got to give, do u mean moving something away from the front wall, so i can toe the speakers better. I thought i already said i have to work with what i have with the size room and all. There isn't a place to do any such thing of that nature. And as for the tweeters, they are probably a little below my ear level, given that i'm only 9' away, my bed is kind of high, 2' or so, and my speakers stand 33" tall, so i really don't know the angle of ear to tweeter, but take my advice it sounds might fine. Maybe it could even sound better but with this room it is set the way it is.

Does anyone want to wager on how many sentences in this thread actually have anything to do with the 18 year old's bedroom system?

What a total hijack! LOL.

Ahh, let me guess, too many probably, but that is to be expected. I am use to it. It's interesting to hear what the people still have to say though even if it is off base. There have been a quite few good remarks though so that's cool. Even if there wasn't, my mind obviously wouldn't change with what i have. I like to see what people say, because other people posted their klipsch theater so why not mine i thought.

good attitude man, I think everyone here suffers from chronic upgradeitis and always can find room for improvement.

For example I have two subs that are capable of some serious output and I am about ready to go nuts due to my crappy little living room. Dont have the response I want from them.

Look on the bright side atleast you dont have a green upholstered rocker that looks like Colters, that chair is older than you and me combined. lol

do your components get hot in that rack,Star </li><li>left

speaker is to close to the wall,to much reflection off that wall, toe

them in a little,somethings got to give, side to side for better

speaker placement Star </li><li>an are the tweeters at ear level.

No,

just warm, the nad has 3 fans on the bottom. I had my receiver and cd

player on for 10 hrs at one time which is far more than ever. That was

a rare day. With that in mind, it was just warm, easily touchable for a

long time. Does it look like i have an option for left speaker

placement. They are slightly toed in but not much. There isn't

much room for fine adjusting. I gaurantee u it sounds quite fine. By

somethings got to give, do u mean moving something away from the front

wall, so i can toe the speakers better. I thought i already said i have

to work with what i have with the size room and all. There isn't a

place to do any such thing of that nature. And as for the tweeters,

they are probably a little below my ear level, given that i'm only 9'

away, my bed is kind of high, 2' or so, and my speakers stand 33"

tall, so i really don't know the angle of ear to tweeter, but take my

advice it sounds might fine. Maybe it could even sound better but with

this room it is set the way it is.

Get a skinner

equipment rack ,throw the CDs in a draw,inches gained 5''+3\4''MDF+a

pinch lets call it 6'',now you have 3" to play with on each side,

but what really ticks Johny'Holiday off, is there could be a standing

wave, between that left wall, an that right entry way wall,try a defuser

like a wall hanging, or throw some pillows up on the TV, you have enough

room the center speaker is so high,an a different antenna

system,the scotch tapes got to go bro

Get a skinner equipment rack ,throw the CDs in a draw,inches gained 5''+3\4''MDF+a pinch lets call it 6'',now you have 3" to play with on each side, but what really ticks Johny'Holiday off, is there could be a standing wave, between that left wall, an that right entry way wall,try a defuser like a wall hanging, or throw some pillows up on the TV, you have enough room the center speaker is so high,an a different antenna system,the scotch tapes got to go bro

U sure gave me the opposite review of most people, thanks for being different.[:|] I don't want to waste money on an equipment rack i don't need. I have no idea what u mean by a standing wave, it sounds fine though. What's a standing sound wave do? Yep the center sounds fine to. Don't listen to tuner much. Yeah i don't care for the antenna either. Actually i would like options on what to do for getting radio.

Get a skinner equipment rack ,throw the CDs in a draw,inches gained 5''+3\4''MDF+a pinch lets call it 6'',now you have 3" to play with on each side, but what really ticks Johny'Holiday off, is there could be a standing wave, between that left wall, an that right entry way wall,try a defuser like a wall hanging, or throw some pillows up on the TV, you have enough room the center speaker is so high,an a different antenna system,the scotch tapes got to go bro

U sure gave me the opposite review of most people, thanks for being different.[:|] I don't want to waste money on an equipment rack i don't need. I have no idea what u mean by a standing wave, it sounds fine though. What's a standing sound wave do? Yep the center sounds fine to. Don't listen to tuner much. Yeah i don't care for the antenna either. Actually i would like options on what to do for getting radio.

you could lay your rf-3's on their backs aiming at the ceiling and they would still sound "fine." that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. simple rearrangement isn't asking much.

you could lay your rf-3's on their backs aiming at the ceiling and they would still sound "fine." that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. simple rearrangement isn't asking much.

Actually they are sf-1's. I know there could be improvement like anything, but if u knew my room simple rearrangement becomes not so simple. The only thing i would do is move the sub to make more room but that sub sounds the best there and only there. I know it's not asking much, but i guarantee u i this, i would if i could. It's not as easy to move stuff around as u guys think, take my advice.

The title of your post is "Home theater full of pride for only being 18 " That was what I was refering to. Glad your happy, nice system and room.

O, ok, i understand. My answer is i sure will be. 2 channel is what will continuosly get better. Home theater is good enough for me right now and for a lot longer than 2 channel will be. I am starting to listen to music a lot more than movies. It used to be split 50/50. Now it might be 75% music, 25% movies. In the last month since the cd player it's been like 95% music.

It's not easy, is it. You post pictures because you're happy

about your setup and you weren't really looking for criticism.

But it's true that as good as it sounds now it might sound better if

you changed a few things around.

Try the center speaker on the TV for a few days (if it's stable there)

and see if the lower position sounds better since the tweeters will be

closer to the height of those in your main speakers (but still

high). If that's works better, lower the shelf the center is

currently on.

Subs generally don't have to be on the front wall. Mine sounded

great right behind my couch; it had more slam. Try it next to

your bed is there's room. If you also moved the CD tower to some

other place (or in a drawer as previously suggested), you could move

your speakers away from the side walls a little or toe them in more.

The standing wave issue is because both your speakers have a wall on

their outer side. Therefore a sound wave can bounce back and

forth there and resonate (a standing wave), leading to a boomy sound.

These are only suggestions to make it sound better than it already does!

Thank you, i take criticism of this nature in a good way though. I'll tell u about my center why it is on the shelf up some. I noticed when my center was on top of the tv, u could hear a noise that's hard to explain about a foot away. I know it probably doesn't matter when a movie is on, cause u probably cant hear it. But it will put this sound through the speaker, when it is sitting on the tv when the tv is on. The center can be even disconnected. It only does it on tube tv's. Trust me, i put them in the two places back and forth, and the difference in sound was very little, and i have had it on the wall now for like near 2 yrs.

I tried the sub like on the side wall in the corner, but it was only like 2 ft away from me and was way too bassy. I mean, gosh it was like right beside me, no wonder it was so bassy, but it was just not a good bass. That cd tower is part of the av cabinet. I appreciate the suggestions though. I think this clears things up better why i have it the way i do. I would like more room in the front and the sub is the only thing to move, i could try it, in front of my left speaker along the side wall, but it's amazing how it didn't sound as good as where it's at now, but i am more experienced with music than i was a yr ago, so i should try it again. It would give me 5 in. on each side with the sub out of there.

Okay. Be sure to turn the sub volume down if you place it right next to you.

The best way to calibrate it is with a calibration DVD such as Avia,

and an SPL meter. I turned mine way down when I did that (and any

boominess went away) . It was up too loud setup "by ear".