Pink Floyd

IndyKlipschFan

For all of the Houston area Floydite's, there is a band called Us and Them playing at Sam's Irish Concert Hall on Richmond this Sat. Dec 3. Craig you should hear these guys. They play the same vintage instruments, amps, drums, sax and female vocals. Then for New Years they are playing at Fitzgeralds in the Heights. I believe their site is www.usandthemband.com , they even have some mp3 of their concerts. Cheers.

Trust me...I have heard them, many times. They have a rental rehearsal building right across from where my Queensryche Tribute Band ...MINDCRIME ,rehearses.

Oh, by the way...we have a killer show scheduled for Houston...tomorrow...Saturday, December 3rd w/ a Gunz N Roses tribute from Dallas.

Anyone locals want to come to my show, I can get ya backstage, if ya wanna ??

emai me. (hit the email button below picture)

MindcrimeFlyer12-3-05web.jpg

born2rock@pdq.net

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts on PF....

I grew up listening (to my parents who were playing) to PF. Mostly DSOTM...

Through Middle and High school I think I ended up with dang near all of their albums and listening to them all of the time.

Meddle and Animals always did the trick for me. Probably due to the fact that they never got airplay. Not to say that the rest of the albums are junk, quite the opposite is true. Its just that every time I'm around an FM radio there is a good chance I'll hear something from DSOTM, Wish you..., or the Wall.

I think DSOTM is one of the greatest albums of all time. Too bad I can't hardly stand to listen to it anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought the Pulse CD... wow, I can't wait to see it in Jan!!!!

Roger: Yeah, I bought the CD set back in 1995 when it first came out. It's still one of the best live albums in my collection! Did your CD packaging still have the little perpetually-blinking red LED on the outside? Mine did. I have to change the two AA batteries about once every other year. It sits on my bookshelf in my office and just blinks (or, should I say "pulses") 24/7. Drives my wife crazy! LOL My 86 year old mom loves Pink Floyd. She rocks!

• 1 month later...

Well I agree as I have had this pre ordered for a while now. Then only thing that will tide me over is goingg to see David Gilmour in April...Can't wait for that! My nephew called me up how lives on So Cal and said hey I bought you a tkt now you just have to get down here. Man I hate bribes but I gave in and bought my plane tkt...Off I go to sit On an Island

scooter

" Has any seen the Pompeii dvd? "

Sure have. I own it.

Is it worth owning for a PF fan? Is it really a live concert performance or a review of one?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Oh yes...it's a concert. A private concert, at that.

I just returned from Pompeii and stood in the actual ancient coliseum that it was filmed in. It was an incredible feeling being their, in person.

Any true Floyd Fan must have this in their collection.

I have both the DVD and Laserdisc copy. The dvd has a lot of fluff in it but as far as the concert goes they are the same. However the audio is better on the DVD. I was really disapointed that the dvd was only dolby digital 2ch and not 4.1 (floyd never played in 5.1) actually only quad.

Have any of you visited the Pink Floyd Forum? If not go to afleetingglimpse.com and go to the forum from there. These guys have so many downloads both video and audio...some really rare concert video for your pleasure.

scooter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I saw Floyd 3 times, but the best was in 1977 in Boston Garden. It was their "Animals" tour and I was in row 17 center. I was so blown away that I couldn't talk for 2 weeks!! It still ranks as "the BEST concert that I have ever been to".

Wow,

That really brings back some memories. I saw them on their Animals Tour at the Oakland Collisuem. I was in the front row, there were 8 of us, we were not dead center though, we were at the left end of the stage (Stage Right), which put us dead center in front of Gilmore. I was 17 and was so wasted at that concert. I remember it was the best concert I have ever been to, but I can't really remember anything specific about the concert at all. I do remember that Giant inflatable pig floating down from the back of the with bright red lights for eyes. I remember there were several other inflateables that they used during that concert, but can't remember what they were. I remember the giant circular screen behind the band, I remember they played Money as the first song of their 5 song encore, and all the money flashing by on that screne.

I remember seeing that giant am/fm radio set up on it's own stand with a mike right in front of it. The start of that song Roger Waters was tuning live to local SF/Bay Area stations, he hit a great station playing a great song, wish I could remember that song.

That was quite a trip. I took about 6 rolls of film of that concert with Ektrachrome 400 slide film pushed to 1600. I let my Swim coach borrow them to make prints and never saw them again. I have to track his *** down and get those slides, there were some great shots in there.

Travis

Sometimes you have to acquire a taste for things. Early on, I never cared much about Floyd, then one night a local college underground type station debuted "Dark Side", and it was good.Unbelievable is a better word, what sound, what music,and who is that on guitar? I am not a fan of everything they have done, but I do like David Gilmour. A great guitarist in his own right, a FenderBender. "Wish you were Here", is also good,as is "Animals". I like Dave better than Sid, just my opinion, let's not start a thread on how's better. For me,"Echoes" is a perfect choice, a great blend of styles mixed in a double cd. All I can he really say,"If you don't have Dark Side, You DON'T have a complete Rock collection of Music".I don't feel Dark Side was overplayed, it might be UNDERAPPRECIATED in some circles.

"Let me warm my bones by the fire!"