Pink Floyd

IndyKlipschFan

i've seen floyd 8 times over the years including the animals tuor with my mom & dad when i was 7.i've even gone as far as berlin to see roger waters wall @ the wall @ potzdamer plotz s(pelling) so i have all the records + a rare copy of the wall called the film.wat i want now is to see the film for the final cut, so if anyone has it please let me know.wish i coud tell you about the shows but cant type that much & some are hard to remember unless you have done extraciricular actitives[:D].then you might have an idea.............shine on........seeing them play at the relief concert almost brought tears to my eyes,but only 4 songs.that sucked but better than nothing at all.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll try to post some pis from berlin if i can get the scanner working. i evn still have the pink mask they gave out, you can see it in the dvd, plus 500,000 or more people.there were more people than tickets so dow came the fence.they even had to sweep the field for mines because it was held between where the walls were.....pretty cool, & hooking up with the finest girl germany had to offer then after a week in berlin it was of for 2 weeks in amsterdam[<:o)]

I have found value in almost all things Floyd - even the post-Waters stuff. All versions are good for various reasons.

The early stuff is pure psychedelia. Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Atom Heart Mother, Ummagumma, and Meddle are all "Journeys to the center of the mind" - and beyond. From this period, check out "Live At Pompeii".....it ties this early period together quite nicely (as does Ummagumma - much of "Pompeii" IS Ummagumma).

The later Waters period was more the "statement" phase of their career. Having the fame and the platform to more firmly opine on humans and society gave PF thier thrust in the 1970's. From DSOTM, tracks like Us and Them and Money, from WYWH, Have a Cigar (commentary on their experiences with the music industry), and Animals, well, the whole damn thing is a statement unto itself. Dogs still gives me chills to this day.

Many would say that the post Waters era Floyd was a diluted version of the Waters era - and that POV has merits. However, 75% of one of the best bands on planet Earth is still worthwhile, and having seen 4 post waters PF performances, I was anything but disappointed. The Division Bell tour was particularly noteworthy, having possessed the best stadium sound imaginable, and a stage that blew the mind - more powerful than any drug. Easily a "Top 5" out of 500 concerts witnessed.

The rumors of PF's return have me going mad. Just the thought of a full reunion has me in stitches. I have read that this is closer to a reality than most would think - although no plans have been finalized. I think that there is no better time than the present for PF to play again - and no better time to make a statement.

Regarding Pulse: I'm only disappointed on one respect: Why no "Astronomy Domine"????? I've only seen that officially released in one version - the CD single w/interview, from the tour opener in Miami at Joe Robbie Stadium. I would LOVE to see a version of "Astronomy Domine" on video from that tour - and was hopeful that the Pulse DVD would have it. I gather from what I'm reading here, no dice[:(].

Scooterdog: Thank you very much for the info on 'Pulse'! I have been sitting here, watching my 'Pulse' CD box blink at me on my desk for the last 10 years...it's about time they are finally releasing the DVD, albeit in 4:3. Amazon says they are releasing their copies December 20th.

-For those of you whom are unaware, when Pink Floyd originally released the 2-CD live album, 'Pulse' back in 1995, the box it came in had a red LED on the spine of the box. When it sits on a bookshelf, it perpetually blinks about once every second thanks to a concealed, replaceable AA battery inside. A 'Pulse' video was actually released years ago in Europe and other countries, but not the US. It was released on Laserdisc, DVD and VHS tape. Copies of that release can still be found on Ebay. I'll glady wait for the real deal next month! Thanks again, Scooter!

I get Pink Floyd more now than back then.

I didn't get "the Dead" either, so much else to choose from back then, it was easy to "not-get" a group and move on to the plethora of others. I like listening to them now. ...go figure..

Still, no matter how much I try, I just don't get Thelonious....

Guess I'm one of the few who just never "got" Pink Floyd. However had I ever seen them in concert I might have changed my mind.

Once you have truly experience a Pink Floyd event in person, you are never the same !

It marks your musical life forever.

**Have a great day***

PINK FLOYD PULSE DVD - ANOTHER RELEASE DELAY!

Pink Floyd PULSE DVD

Pink Floyd's PULSE
coming on DVD...finally!
We recently brought you a slight date shift for the long-awaited, and much delayed, 2DVD release of Pink Floyd's PULSE; over the weekend, we received another update on the release dates, which have been moved yet again!

The worldwide release has now been put back until the new year, with the title now scheduled to hit the stores on/around 16th January 2006. This will vary by a few days depending on the country of release.

Presumably, the authoring of the DVD, which was being finished off in the last week or so, has caused the delay, and meant that insufficient time was left for mastering and duplication in time for a December release. We'll keep you up-to-date with this release, and should there be any more date changes, we'll let you know.

Check out our previous news item from 21st October which gives the confirmed information on tracklisting, screen resolution, and so on (including the news that the initially announced performance of Wish You Were Here from the 1996 Hall Of Fame ceremony DOESN'T appear after all).

PULSE can be ordered, with a discount, through the following special links: Amazon US/International, Canada, UK/Europe, or Germany. Any item bought through these links at Amazon (not just Floyd items) helps with the running costs of the site, and we really appreciate it

There you go

scooter

LOL

PooP!

Pre order it like I did and don't worry about it. Then one day soon you will check your mail and guess what?

You will have a brand spanking new Pink Floyd disc to tickle you for

years on end. It will be time my friend to close the curtains, turn the

lights down, sit back, press play... and have a freakin great

experience! Floyd at its best! The lights the sound The Klipsch Oh MY!

psssss Hey Floyds coming

To be honest I don't think they are worried about certain street date. PF is a money making machine. On an avg year they rake in over 25 million dollars in sales. Not shabby for a band that has had only 2 tours, 2 studio and 2 live releases in almost 20 years. Think about it, 25 mil x 18=450 mil in sales. That does not even take into account tkt sales for the two tours. Pulse tour alone generated 210 mil in tkt sales.

So I would just go pre order it and line their pockets once again. They deserve it for all the pleasure they have given PF fans for 40 years.

• 2 weeks later...

For all of the Houston area Floydite's, there is a band called Us and Them playing at Sam's Irish Concert Hall on Richmond this Sat. Dec 3. Craig you should hear these guys. They play the same vintage instruments, amps, drums, sax and female vocals. Then for New Years they are playing at Fitzgeralds in the Heights. I believe their site is www.usandthemband.com , they even have some mp3 of their concerts. Cheers.