Couple of nice MKIIIs

Erik Mandaville

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erik,

man really...... give it up life is too short . You made the mistake recommending an amplifier that is poorly outfitted with under spec parts. Some day this type of thing will come back to bite you. I've learned these lessons the hard way just like your hopefully learning now. Be very careful recommending things that you have no personal experience with would be my advise.

Craig

Who's Ryan?

Ryan was a generally well meaning young man from Pennsylvania who painted himself to be a twenty five year expert on all things tube amp, especially Scott. He and Craig really got into some set-tos over minutiae really for a few years.

When it was revealed that he was in reality just twenty one with little experience, he became bitter and was forever banned from the hallowed Klipsch forum attempting a return under various guises always to be outed then bitterness.

Rick

When it was revealed that he was in reality just twenty one with little experience, he became bitter and was forever banned from the hallowed Klipsch forum attempting a return under various guises always to be outed then bitterness.

Not quite: He emailed Amy and said he wanted to leave the forum -- and asked to have his username and every post he ever made removed from the forum. He figured if everything was gone there wouldn't be any evidence of his fraud and misrepresentation. After she wiped everything he was back within two days with a different moniker. He took advantage of Amy's ignorance about the situation, and when she found out what was going on she kept banning him until he ran out of PC's, and email addresses.

Hey Erik, why don't you start your own business fixing all the amps that Craig has worked on. There must be a couple hundred out there by now all ready to go up in smoke.

Dean: Again, good morning!

A simple FYI: The pair of monoblocks in question were not made by me. They were made by someone who was working as a professional tube amplifier technician when Craig (as well as you and I) was a little boy. In terms of experience and the amount of equipment both built from scratch and/or repaired (since that seems to be the significant factor for you) we are newbies.

If you want to single me out as the primary culprit here, that's your business and fine with me. However, go back and read the other contributions to this thread.

Erik

Dean:

You have every right to be here. It's a public forum. My point was that I wasn't the only one who wasn't seeing eye-to-eye with Craig on this. I'm not picking on him, I simply don't agree with some of his viewpoints on this issue. He is the one that constantly resorts to name-calling and insults. If that's acceptable to you on a public forum, that's also your business and fine for you. I don't care for it, but that's just my opinion....

Statements such as "CASE CLOSED CRAIG IS RIGHT AGAIN" (made by the individual himself) are rather bold IMO. Have a look at all the pictures of 'weenie' in reference to me on other issues where I may have been so out-of-line as to disagree. I never called anyone names, such as your reference to me as 'another name for a donkey.' If that's mature forum etiquette in your view, my stance is different again.

Go back to the Forte repair thread, if you will. I mentioned that there is no big mystery associated with the use of a variac, but that if more work was necessary, to send the amp to Craig. If I thought his skills were that poor, I wouldn't have made that recommendation.

Erik

Since I only have a fundamental understanding of how amplifiers work, my input is out of place in this thread -- that's all I meant.

Yeah, he's big, bold, and a bit arrogant -- but once you get to know him he's big, bold, and a bit arrogant.:)

I'm sorry I called you an ***, but you were working so hard to find all the right buttons to push.

Dean:

No problem, thanks.

I have to say that, in reference to: "...but you were working so hard to find all the right buttons to push." Apparently, the big button has to do with simply not agreeing. Again, if you want to single me out as wanting to cause a riot simply because of my having a differing opinion, that's ok. It would also seem, from the many exchanges that have taken place here recently, including all the illustrated ones, that there were others trying even more frantically to -- as you put it -- "push the right buttons."

Anyway....

Have a good Sunday,

Erik

Hey Dean! Good morning![:)]

Evidently, I'm not the only one who didn't agree with him on this.

Erik

Yup there was one other person that didn't agree Ummmmmmm a real surprise it was Shawn!!

In the end who was absolutely correct? Yes I may have made a few basic wording blunders like that is a big surprise! But in reality my basic theory is absolutely correct. But hey when you couple experience with the specification your doing a more precise analysis of the situation at hand. Simply leaving out speculation.

Craig

Dean: Again, good morning!

A simple FYI: The pair of monoblocks in question were not made by me. They were made by someone who was working as a professional tube amplifier technician when Craig (as well as you and I) was a little boy. In terms of experience and the amount of equipment both built from scratch and/or repaired (since that seems to be the significant factor for you) we are newbies.

If you want to single me out as the primary culprit here, that's your business and fine with me. However, go back and read the other contributions to this thread.

Erik

Erik,

Explain to the forum how you know what you wrote above to be ABSOLUTELY TRUE? If this guy had the experience you suggest then his design of this amplifier and the use of a under rated parts would lead me to say he is not at all concerned with the longevity of the product he produces.

Craig

Erik,

Numorous people were throwing those little cartoon figures around at the time and we were all having fun. I believe at least three were thrown at me and I took them in jest. You got the Weenie award because the shoe fit. Your doing it again now. Sooooooooo

weenie.jpg

Weenie is a very sensitive guy, and it angers and saddens him that everyone isn't just as sensitive as he. An admitted male feminist, Weenie is ever vigilant against anti-progressive attitudes. Though he seldom comes into personal contact with the working classes, he keenly feels the pain of their oppression nonetheless . Weenie's chief antagonists are Troglodyte, Evil Clown, Capitalista and sometimes Ideologue. Because of his natural petulance Weenie can easily be goaded into battle, but he is encumbered by a tendency to throw temper tantrums when severely pressed.

PS I have always been a bold personalty and when right will not back down. I was right and was not going to back down nothing new.

Craig