bose 321

divin11112000

This morning I saw the add in the infomercial form for Bose 321. I have to say that I'm amazed, the add was so convincing that i'm going to get rid of my Klipsch Reference 5.1 speaker package and buy the Bose system. If those people sat in their room and told me that it was an all enveloping sound, they have to be correct.

The complete selling factor was the diagram they put up. They showed all 5.1 speakers with little sound circles around the front of the speakers (in the direction of sound) THEN they showed the 321 system with larger circles. Those larger circles enveloped the diagram of the couch much more fully than the small 5.1 circles that they illustrated.

All in all I guess I spent too much on my Klipsch system and should have saved up for that fabulous system

*any scarcasm detected?*

All seriousness the diagram made me laugh, it was amazing. It really seemed as if they illustrated low volume for the 5.1 and high volume for the 321. I wonder how many people will actually buy into that illustration. If you ever get a chance to view that infomercial I strongly urge you to view it. BEWARE it may influence you to get rid of your Klipsch.

All i know about bose is that they are the biggest markup and suck people into buying a product that compares to panasonic home theater in a box's for half the price. In audio, bose is my pet peeve for dang sure. I just can't stand how they sell so much, but then again the people buying them have no experience with hearing any good speaker company like klipsch for home theater as well as 2 channel. So anyone that hasn't heard any system before is going to think it sounds good. Usually money spent advertising, like they do 24/7, relates to money not going towards the product, which they claim is amazing. Ok, yeah right. Bose surely blows.

All i know about bose is that they are the biggest markup and suck people into buying a product that compares to panasonic home theater in a box's for half the price. In audio, bose is my pet peeve for dang sure. I just can't stand how they sell so much, but then again the people buying them have no experience with hearing any good speaker company like klipsch for home theater as well as 2 channel. So anyone that hasn't heard any system before is going to think it sounds good. Usually money spent advertising, like they do 24/7, relates to money not going towards the product, which they claim is amazing. Ok, yeah right. Bose surely blows.

whenever i discuss audio with the average person, they always bring up bose. no matter what i say or how i try to demonstrate bose's faults, they still have it engraved into their mind that bose is indeed the top speaker company in the US.

why? simply because everyone else believes the same thing. i'm sure even if you A/B'd klipsch to bose, placebo would kick in and convince them that bose is still indeed a great speaker worthy of being considered "top of the line."

either that or they'll simply pull the "you're heritage is extremely huge... for that size it BETTER sound good" card on you. and, well, that one pretty much shuts me up. [:(]

I read this on apple.com under the user reveiws for the sounddock.

im writing an essay about it atm, but im gonna leave the quote here for you guys to laugh it. Its a near perfect example of how bose targets consumer weaknesses from all directions!

Bose SoundDock iPod system ($299) user review

well i got this for christmas last year and it is probubly the best speaker system i have ever owned. i dont care if you cant afford it u should get it!

go in debt if u have to! this will be the best speakers for ipod avaliable.

What do you expect?... its a Bose<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

here another GOLDEN review with plenty-o-funny spelling errors too

I have been a Bose fan for a while now,and I own one of their home theatre systems. And just like their home system beets alot of the competion. This iPod dock station is by far the best out there for the money. I tried some of the alternatives and they sounded just as much as you will pay for them. With $300 Bose system in my opinion I got my money's worth

"beets alot of the competion <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

thats 3 words out of 5 that were not spelled correctly, no technically he was RIGHT because he did not actually say what he intended to say.

wait a sec, wait a sec...

Whats the difference between

"tried some of the alternatives and they sounded just as much as you will pay for them"

and

"With $300 Bose system in my opinion I got my money's worth"

Cant you just interchange those statements and they will mean the SAME THING!

"With $300 Bose system it sounded just as much as you would pay for it"

or

"I tried some of the alternatives and they sounded as if I would get my moneys worth."

SAME THING!

DUMB F***IN PEOPLE!

either that or they'll simply pull the "you're

heritage is extremely huge... for that size it BETTER sound good" card

on you. and, well, that one pretty much shuts me up. [:(]

To which I reply, "Have you listened to Klipsch RVX-3 speakers and or

thier Quintets? They are not much larger than the Bose

dual-cubes, but sound way, way better.". For that matter, go find

a $300 set of ProMedia 5.1 Ultras, and they will put Bose to

shame! I've actually A/B'd a $4000 Bose Lifestyle system next to

a set of ProMedia 5.1 Ultras hooked up to a cheap $400 eMachines PC

with DVD drive, and the things still beat out the Blo$e system!

I also tell them to go listen to Mirage Nanosats as well, which

are also nearly the same size as the Bose dual cubes, but also sound a

good order of magnitude better.

Bashing on Bose is like shooting fish in a barrel. [:|]

Wait a minute..I don't see any circles around my Klipsch[:(] I think

someone is messin with me. I'm so worried I don't have any circles

around my speakers I'm gonna go out and buy some hula hoops. Does

anyone know if I mount hula hoops to my La Scala's if they will improve

there off axis response? It must make the sound swirl...would'nt you

think. Do you think the color of the hula hoops will affect the

frequency response? Wow so many questions and not enough answers. Maybe

I should call bose and see if they can explain it to me.

scooter