Tomorrow will be a better day! GOD BLESS OUR VETERANS!

Bonzo

Is it me or has this just been a crappy day???

Think I'll go fire up the Forte's, put on some Wes Montgomery, pour a glass of cab and call it good!

Cheers to all, tomorrow WILL be a better day!

God Bless our veterans and troops!!!

Amen, although I might not always agree with out government's reasons (trying hard not to get political), Thank the good Lord that there are young men and women who will answer the call to protect our freedoms.

God Bless every vet and serviceperson this and every day.

If you see a vet, thank them for their service. Think about the freedoms we enjoy in this great country of ours.

A friends son just came back from the East last week, so I am thankful.

Michael

Tomorrow will be good. We will be honoring the thousands of men and women that have bravely served our country...

...and I'll be doing it in Arizona, with a group of friends, an entire cooler of cold-ones and a hot grill with ribs, steaks, and lambchops roasting on the bar-bee!!

CHEERS!! Slainte!!

Thanks especially to those veterans who drove the Indians from the Old Northwest and made Illinois and Kentucky safe places for people like us.

Care to explain that Tom??

My guess is that he's referring to the guy with the Sawzall cutting a boiler tube? That would drive anyone out of town! [;)]

On a more serious note, I'd like to thank all my fellow veterans for serving.

J.4-----The wars by which I've most directly benefited were those that drove the Indians from Illinois, where I live, and Kentucky, where I'm moving. My property.

They were a nasty business and unlike Indian wars out west involved thousands of American losses at places like Blue Licks, Kekionga, the headwaters of the Wabash, Fort Dearborn, River Raisen and Dudley's Fall.

At Fort Recovery Ohio the bones of the over 600 American soldiers killed by the Indians in St. Clair's Disaster on the headwaters of the Wabash lie in a mass grave under a monument. I imagine those fellas aren't given much thought.

Thanks especially to those veterans who drove the Indians from the Old Northwest and made Illinois and Kentucky safe places for people like us.

Care to explain that Tom??

Evidently "Old Blow Hard" is indeed a very important guy and it's not 100% in his mind[;)]

Hello Gentlemen,

I've been quietly reading the posts on this forum for several months but this thread has prodded me to actually respond in writing.

This "Old Blowhard" chap (Tbrennan) seems to be a retired individual with little else to do but plod through audio forum after audio forum trying to get others to believe he's some sort of authority of speakers.

That's fine by me.

I've taken the time to search other forums and like one individual said in an above post, this Tbrennan fellow changes his tune more times then you can shake a stick at.

Does his contradict himself left and right?

YES.

Does he come off as a snotty, stuck-up Mr. Know It All?

YES.

Did he make a complete and utter fool of himself by threatening legal action against this website and a gentleman who posts here under the name Nosvalves?

YES.

Does any of the above mean anything other then the fact that this old coot's a sad, lonely man who had next to nothing to do with his life but to play charades and make ridiculous, paper tiger threats?

NO.

Somebody obviously hit a raw and exposed nerve with this Tbrennan character so those not kindred with him can take some delight in knowing that they finally got a leg up on this guy. Judging from his rants and the typical responses thus to, I'd day he had it coming, as most aging Blowhards do.

Nevertheless, it's probably best to just let him crawl into his corner, or under his bed, or wherever he happens to go to lick his wounds and hide his face, and just give him the chance to scab and recover.

He'll be back, perhaps under a differerent guise or perhaps not.

Guys like him always are. They feed off of this type of chaos.

But several of you hurt him simply by exposing the truth and backing it with hard, undisputable facts.

If this Old Blowhard character takes it the wrong way and decides to jump through his highrise bedroom window because he thinks that his life is over because he's been exposed as the true Blowhard he is on the only social outlets he has left (these forums), then how would you feel knowing you could very well have helped drive him over the ledge he might very well have been on?

Some of these Blowhards, particularly the old ones, are emotionally fragile and can crack at any minute.

And cracking can take many forms. What if he decides to take matters into his own hand and instead of jumping out a window or calling Judge Judy to rescue him, he decides to pay one or more of you who ruffled his feathers a visit?

Have you ever stopped to think about that?

Yes, it sounds crazy to a rational person but just how rational, or irrational, is this Mr. Old Blowhard?

In my personal opinion, I'd rather see the old, possibly deranged, devil jump to his death out his high rise window then pay me an unexpected late night visit.

Then again, I guess I would rather him just stay under his bed licking his wounds and hiding his face only to resurface here on the forums a few weeks later under a different name.

Besides, it colorful old characters like himself that can help bring a sense of levity to some of these forums. He just has to understand and accept what Nosvalves said - what goes around comes around.

Evidently, this thread pretty much sums it up for the old "BH", doesn't it? I bet dollars to donuts that "BH" was a conscienscious objector too? He's just another anti-military liberal if you ask my opinion.

"He's just another anti-military liberal if you ask my opinion."

I doubt many value your opinion.

This ungentlemanly expressions and gasconading conduct to me is in true character of yourself and unmasks you to the world, and plainly shows that they were the ebullitions of a base mind goaded with stubborn proofs of fraud and flowing from a source devoid of every refined sentiment or delicate sensation.

You put me in mind of Thomas Swann, another provocative popinjay.

"He's just another anti-military liberal if you ask my opinion."

I doubt many value your opinion.

This ungentlemanly expressions and gasconading conduct to me is in true character of yourself and unmasks you to the world, and plainly shows that they were the ebullitions of a base mind goaded with stubborn proofs of fraud and flowing from a source devoid of every refined sentiment or delicate sensation.

You put me in mind of Thomas Swann, another provocative popinjay.

Now, I know why woodpeckers never get headaches! It's all in the practice...

I'd swear he goes to a Thesaurus when he gets riled-up! I've never seen "gasconading" and "ebullitions" in the same sentence before. Honestly, I don't even know what they mean....

How do you ridicule somebody to the world if you talk over the world's head? Sounds like some "Hard-Blowin'" to me... [:P]