Audioquest Bedrock Cables?

RF7Heaven

I know speaker wire is a nagging thread for everyone. However, that is what these forums are all about......seeking advise! I am currently running RF-7's, RC-7, and RS-7's via a decent marantz receiver. (Don't forget the RSW-15 Sub, it deserves a mention). My question is simple, I am upgrading speaker cable and I am considering the Audioquest Bedrock in a full range configuration for now. Does anyone have experience with these cables and what is your opinion of the product? Any other recommendations on Audioquest products would be appreciated!

Thanks,

RF7Heaven

AQ - Bedrock Spec Sheet.pdf

Now now...

While I agree Audioquest generally over-charges for their product, their product isn't bad. It's no Nordost Valhalla, but it's no Home Depot 12 AWG either. As one dealer I know put it, "it does not offend..." Their Bedrock cables, I feel, are a good, honest, solid value for their price. I wouldn't deter anyone from this prodcut, as I feel it's a true "bang for your buck."

...of course, I'd rather steer someone towards Kimber instead...

Oh, and if it's any consolation, Stereophile rated Radioshack's general speaker-wire as Class-C or something for cables.

Now now... While I agree Audioquest generally over-charges for their product, their product isn't bad. It's no Nordost Valhalla, but it's no Home Depot 12 AWG either. As one dealer I know put it, "it does not offend..." Their Bedrock cables, I feel, are a good, honest, solid value for their price. I wouldn't deter anyone from this prodcut, as I feel it's a true "bang for your buck." ...of course, I'd rather steer someone towards Kimber instead... Oh, and if it's any consolation, Stereophile rated Radioshack's general speaker-wire as Class-C or something for cables.

I agree with this 100%. Nick done good.

DM

I have Type 2 and 4 and 6.

I biwire my RB-5s in the HT and only the TYpe 2 for the 2 channel.

THe Type 6 is for a rainy day.

All were bought on sale or used for cheap.

Zip cord is probably more prone to oxidation over time but that is about only the down side.

AQ Coral interconnect is a better invesment to me; than speaker wire to reduce RFI/EMi interference.

I figure cable is Ok to buy if the next best upgrade you can determine

would be 3-4 times more expensive than the cable to make a system

improvement.

This thread is just what I've been looking for......Sorry I can't help you with your Audioquest cable question but I can tell you what I did last night.

I had been using double runs of Axiom 12 gauge fine multi strand speaker wire and it worked.

Lately I had been hearing about people using electrical wire for their speaker wire. Soooo last night I hooked up some 10-2 w/ground electrical wire in place of the Axiom stuff. Yes it is stiff and really if a guy knows how to strip heavy wire without damage the stiffness works to your advantage. heck I didn't even use jumpers on the back of my RF7's I just threaded it right through the binding posts...slick as a whistle.

Can I tell a difference?...you bet, a big difference. It will stay put for a year or two until it oxidizes and gets all messy or I decide to drop $500.00 or more on some store bought cables.

Soooo last night I hooked up some 10-2 w/ground electrical wire in place of the Axiom stuff.

Can I tell a difference?...you bet, a big difference.

What difference did it make?

I've never seen solid core being recommended for audio. Certainly

many small strands are better for high frequencies, but it remains to

be seen how high up is a high frequency. Possibly much higher

than audio frequencies.

(small font due to the controversial nature of this topic[:)])

For some reason there is much, much more bass, the speakers are imaging better than ever before and overall a cleaner clearer sound as if somebody removed a blanket/layer covering my speakers.

Call me crazy but there is a a huge difference. 20 some years ago a salesman told me to use a high quality fine strand cable and ever since I have been, not anymore though.

The funny thing about it........Home Depot just happened to have 33' leftover from a spool and I only paid $11.00 bucks to do both speakers.