dis is rockundroll

colterphoto1

Hope Craig (born2rockU) doesn't see that clip. It'll really piss him off to see how easy anyone can be a world class rock 'n' roll drummer!

Forget spending thousands on Pearl and Ludwig drum kits, Paiste or Zildjian cymbles, Gibralter hardware stands and racks, and Vater signature sticks...all you need is that $99 Casio keyboard and a little practice. Pretty soon even your Aunt Gertrude will be rockin' out to Neil Peart solos![H]

so who's Neil Peart???

Was that the dude on the recording? haha, I'm so trying to get Colter riled up. (FWIW, Neil is only my all time fave drummer....his drum solos are songs in and of themselves!).

This was an old clip though, which got me thinking about some of the newer methods of "MIDI" and computerized synthesizing. Do you remember the name of that one dude Roger played for us? I don't think I've mentioned it yet on the forums and that guy was crazy style amazing....using one of those fancy drum machines (was he using the Roland pod doohickey?)

Hope Craig (born2rockU) doesn't see that clip. It'll really piss him off to see how easy anyone can be a world class rock 'n' roll drummer!

Forget spending thousands on Pearl and Ludwig drum kits, Paiste or Zildjian cymbles, Gibralter hardware stands and racks, and Vater signature sticks...all you need is that $99 Casio keyboard and a little practice. Pretty soon even your Aunt Gertrude will be rockin' out to Neil Peart solos![H]

Actually...I have seen that video before.

It was about a year ago when one of my former drum students, whom now plays for the Blue Man Group in Vegas, sent it to me.

I got a good laugh.

But actually playing those manual drum machines is alot harder then you may think.

Knowing how to play the real drumset helps, when attempting to simulate the drum sounds on the keyboards.

But obviously, it is all in the finger motion when attempting to play those machines...and not in the full body motion, that drummers are so accustomed to feeling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...now I am heading to the gym early today,

to give me the right to eat like a pig on this glorious feasting day !.

Happy Thanksgiving EVERYONE !!!

I