Klipsch MCM 1900? Pretty big and great looking ... on ebay

ranjith

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evan,

Hope you have a chance to check with the seller. Maybe he had a local sale that worked out.?

I think if I were selling these I'd start to worry about the high bidders actually completing the transaction.

Daddy, as I said above, the guy is acutely strange. If a memebr here was seriously considering, I'd go over and have a look. Barring that, no way. Because I know, once he sees me he'll be dropping by the house from time to time with a handful of records clutched in his nervous little paws. and my wife would crap bricks to see him ringing the doorbell again.

For you guys, sure. For info, no way. Besides he once talked me into a bad trade. I still miss that Paragon E and that pristine 8b. Sigh.

Just finished talking to Russell.

Seems these were subject to a prior (local) sale that may/may not have fallen through. Final disposition may be a month off.

As a side note: someone tried to brow-beat him over the phone into accepting an offer a small fraction of what the bidding made it to.

Who ever ends up with these will get some nice speakers. I have only seen one other pair finished like this, most that I have used were black.

Not mentioned is that he also has a pair of the Gauss HF4000. These were used in the earliest version before cost became an object.

when is an Auction .. Not an Auction ....????

Apparently , this was just a Fishing Expidition, like the Last Time they were listed........

I don't see Anywhere in the auction text, where there is a Reserve, or Local Sale;;;;;;

lets say ... If I was High Bidder ...

i'd be going to pick these up ....Now

No Excuses Accepted

In one of my other weak moments, I almost bougt them from Russell. About three months ago, I had sent him a US Postal Money Order for a Mac amp he had and it got lost... In the process of trying to retrieve the MO, I got to talk to Russell for a long time. He is indeed knowledgeable about lots of speakers. Ultimately, he wanted $7500 for them. Considering their condition, it seemed reasonable at the time (I said I was weak). He was pretty firm on the price and thinks they are worth a lot more. I have more photos of the speakers he had sent me somewhere in the house. I will post them if I can find the CD.

Ki

• 2 weeks later...

As the only person on here who seems to own a set of these things (see the pictures in the other MCM forums) I will tell you that I paid $4400 for them back in the fall of 2000. Mine are black and have only been used in private homes, never in a commercial application. I can't stress it enough, if you have the room, BUY THEM...!

There is nothing that even comes close! My LaScala's sounded like a Wal-Mart AM radio next to them..

There is an engineer from Klipsch who owns a set and has them in a barn in Southern Indiana. So that's at least two pair really accounted for and currently owned and operating.

Refer to this thread for Andy HDBRbuilder's account of Jim's MCM system (it's an oldie)

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/3/96392/ShowPost.aspx#96392

Doesnt' Greg928 have a set he's cobbled together with the 4x K77 MMTM tweeters on top? That's three sets we know of!

Michael

Finally got them together and just started to play around a little with crossovers and such. I did get a sense of the immense sound that these can produce. But then my shop developed even worse roof leaks and I had to move out. Everything is sitting in storage right now, including my brand new Behringer pieces to make this system work. The day will come . . . .

Greg

post-11090-13819276633122_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...