Is this a good deal?

ranjith

I have a seller in another province whos agreeing to sell me his KG3.5 for $260 including shipping. I did voice my concern about damage during shipping and he said he will get a quote from a professional packing company and let me know if he will still let it go for $260 w/shipping. Is this a fair price for a pair of KG3.5s in good condition? Any quick opinion would be much appreciated, thanks

*keeping his fingers crossed* potentially could be my first pair of klipsch if all goes well

Thanks,

Ranjith

Speedball,

Then theres the shipping to Canada, customs and such. That might increase the final price to much higher than $260 wouldn't it. Thats why this $260 w/shipping within Canada seems a little better to me, but if there are any KG3 or KG4 series any member is letting go for around that price range I might be interested. Being a student, I can't spend too much either. But I'm getting impatient to getting my first pair of Klipsch, sigh.

My only experience with shipping speakers is I had two pair sent to me in the original boxes with packing inside and the UPS guys did fine. On the other hand I've read about lot's of guys voicing their concerns with shipping damage. I don't know, maybe I was just lucky.

If you get them....report back on your findings and first experience with Klipsch.

I shipped a pair of Dynaco A35s this week and finding big enough boxes

to pack them properly with styrofoam was a challenge. I ended up paying

$15 to buy two boxes, and $54 to ship them from Montreal to

Toronto. One lesson I learned: I won't be shiping speakers from now on.

Kudret

I was concerned about the damage during shipment, the seller does not have the original boxes for them. They are to be shipped from Winnipeg to near Toronto. The seller offered to have a professional packing company do the job, and I think I will ask him to take some pics so I can be assured they are doing a good job.

I'm still wondering if $260 shipped is a fair price or if I should wait for a better deal. Ah decisions decisions...

Thanks for all your input so far

Sounds like a pretty good deal with the shipping included.

Like you said you avoid customs charges with keeping this North of the Border.

One thing might be to check if the shipping quote includes

insurance. If they are professionally packed, this could

strengthen a potential (hopefully not needed[;)]) claim.

If insurance is not included, consider offering to pay for it.

Hope it goes well,

Paul

I have shipped a pair of Khorns from Vancouver to Toronto and all I did was seperate the Horn top section from the woofer and put a strap on the woofer terminal. The professional moving company , United van lines lines wrapped them in blankets and they arrived in 100% condition. If you get a pro mover to do the job you should have no problems on a land journey.

The price was reasonable. Check and get a quote from the pro moving companies, not guys who do not move heavy items all the time across the country,

Norm