WOW! Look Ma, I'm SOMEBODY now!

D-MAN

Stealing designs and applying for patents is far from 'silly' and money has little to with it. If any of this is true (and I have no idea if it is), I would be pretty pissed myself.

I also agree that it should have been left to PMs and emails, but D-Man opened the door for this type of stuff when he started the first thread abou the situation.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is....if designs were actually stolen, then there are legal actions that can be taken. If it cannot be proven that the designs were stolen, then all this ranting and raving is nothing short of slander.

Seriously, enough whining already. Either do something about it or piss off.

[|-)]

The thing is....if designs were actually stolen, then there are legal actions that can be taken. If it cannot be proven that the designs were stolen, then all this ranting and raving is nothing short of slander.

[|-)]

Litigation often time is more expensive than what there would be to gain financially. Pipe down.

If the cost of litigation isn't worth the regaining of credit for an idea, then I have to wonder how much that person actually values their idea in the first place. The number of hours he's spent whining and complaining could easily have paid for the costs involved. My conclusion? At best he's more interested in revenge than justice.

Btw, if he's upset about someone else getting a patent, then he has but to apply for a patent himself - and then he only has to prove that he came up with the idea first. It's not about who made it to the patent office first. If he wasn't going to apply for a patent in the first place, then what does he care now? And if he was going to apply in the first place, then he already has the financial means to accomplish his goal. Though if the latter - I seriously have to wonder why he was sharing his ideas in the first place!

If he cannot or is not willing to seek the proper course of action, then he has no right to be slandering.

[|-)]

+1

[|-)]

+1

The patent attorney we use at our company said no attorney will get involved in patent disputes unless there's at least $1,000,000 in sales involved. Not worth it to them for anything less. And just try taking legal action without an attorney. You'll get nowhere fast.

I wonder if D-Man ever got this patent. It was applied for in 12/05 which means it's still probably being looked at.

If the cost of litigation isn't worth the regaining of credit for an idea, then I have to wonder how much that person actually values their idea in the first place. The number of hours he's spent whining and complaining could easily have paid for the costs involved. My conclusion? At best he's more interested in revenge than justice.

Btw, if he's upset about someone else getting a patent, then he has but to apply for a patent himself - and then he only has to prove that he came up with the idea first. It's not about who made it to the patent office first. If he wasn't going to apply for a patent in the first place, then what does he care now? And if he was going to apply in the first place, then he already has the financial means to accomplish his goal. Though if the latter - I seriously have to wonder why he was sharing his ideas in the first place!

If he cannot or is not willing to seek the proper course of action, then he has no right to be slandering.

Point well taken Doc, but I respectfully disagree with you. [:|]

Again, no idea what happened but it is unfortunate in any event.

Look up the infamous "Kearns patent" on pulsed wipers for a car. I think the batlle has raged for over 25 years, and he after spending millions agains the automotive giants (wond against Chrysler first), never got any money judgements. Patent protections means squat if some super-rich company can outspend and outwait you with their team of lawyers. That is the real world. Big speaker audio is a microscopic market, so who cares?

Claude

You need to read the patent claims and clearly understand what is claimed to be the original idea(s).....and what is sought to be protected. Then....you can sort the original idea(s) from anything previously existing (patented).

Many times designers "add on" to existing designs (patents) to protect sustaining efforts and modifications ($$$). Our company does this all the time...and I have a few of these myself.

What would be inexcusable is someone going to the trouble to prepare an OI (original idea) and it truly does not belong to them as they document it.

It's a reputation destroyer because it is all there for the world to see.......on the internet.

http://www.uspto.gov/patft/