Audioholics reports breaking news about new Klipsch line up with complete details sounds awesome!

htxpert

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Klipsch Employees

I have not had the time to sit down and really listen to them.

What I have heard is nice. A lot of punch. The big guys have so much LF that you may not need a sub.

But as you know, I like the big horns...that is why I have LS and pro gear in my HT.

I don't think I will ever change that.

I have a pr of RB-5's in MH. They are a little beat up, but sound fine....hint hint;)

Does this mean the current Reference line will be discontinued?

Yes.

He has some of it right and some of it wrong...

The new surrounds look like the THX U2 KS-525-THX the only thing the same is the shape of the box.

the spec's that are stated are Prelimiary at best.

CES spec's are prelim as well...

THe 3 woofers are in parrell.

THe centers are tapered aray (2.5 way networks)

The rest you will have to wait unitl after CES...

I have seen the press release for CES and have one burning question. The Reference IV all look pretty much as dorkey as the current series. Was any consideration given to jazzzing up the build quality and appearance so they don't look like they are the Synergies cheaper brother? Something as simple as a bullit dust cap could have done wonders.

Looking at the media guide dated 1-5-06....[;)]

They look very much like the current Reference speakers with the exception of the added midrange in some. The subs are VERY interesting.... shape-wise too. Has anyone else seen this guide yet? Pretty neat stuff, too bad the wife would kill me if I were to even think about more Klipsch stuff! I would love to step up my entry-level Reference to even the "old" RF-7's, etc.!!! Bet they would not sound as nice inside a doghouse though....

• Klipsch Employees

I will say that while we build good looking product, we put most of our attention on sound.

i dont think that wood cabinets and better parts make the reference line look or sound like "Synergies cheaper brother"

We looked at the "pointy" dustcaps. but most folks thought of Mondna and not a speaker when looking at them.

they dont do much for the sound...and that is what it is about.

HERE HAVE A SMALL LOOK.

This is one of the BETA test units.

post-4254-13819278723772_thumb.jpg

People just have different ideas on what looks cool and what doesn't. I personally think the Synergy stuff looks pretty darn nice, and the sound for the price point is outrageously good. I also like the new integrated fronts/horns with the motorboards.

So, looks like you narrowed the footprint a bit but made them deeper. Probably a good move actually.

I like the synergy product. I have 2 different pr in my house.

I think the recerence is a higher end line.

Wow, you did not capitolize the names of two lines of speakers your comapny makes, and you spelled Reference wrong!

Also, you are not sure if the Reference line is higher end than the Synergy.

[:P]

(I think Trey had a bit too much last night)

In your defense, the C and F keys ARE close together.

I can hardly wait for CES - I even looked to see where the Klipsch booth was!!!

trey,

Thanks for the small taste....but now you've really made us hunger for more! How 'bout a part two of the RF62.....?

For those of us that are current owners of the current Reference line: How will the new Ref be in terms of compatibility? I was still build my Ref system and now am concerend about future purchases....pockets are not deep enough to purchase exisiting Ref pieces right now.....

Mark

I will say that while we build good looking product, we put most of our attention on sound. i dont think that wood cabinets and better parts make the reference line look or sound like "Synergies cheaper brother" We looked at the "pointy" dustcaps. but most folks thought of Mondna and not a speaker when looking at them. they dont do much for the sound...and that is what it is about. HERE HAVE A SMALL LOOK. This is one of the BETA test units.

Yup...just as dorkey as ever! The comments about being Synergies cheaper brother came not from me, but from several of my customers when I tried to provide References in their home theaters. When people are spending the cost of a room, as well as equipment, appearance becomes a significant consideration. Klipsch needs to learn that. I'm just frustrated with having to provide other brands when I know that the Reference sound better.

I will say that while we build good looking product, we put most of our attention on sound. i dont think that wood cabinets and better parts make the reference line look or sound like "Synergies cheaper brother" We looked at the "pointy" dustcaps. but most folks thought of Mondna and not a speaker when looking at them. they dont do much for the sound...and that is what it is about. HERE HAVE A SMALL LOOK. This is one of the BETA test units.

Yup...just as dorkey as ever! The comments about being Synergies cheaper brother came not from me, but from several of my customers when I tried to provide References in their home theaters. When people are spending the cost of a room, as well as equipment, appearance becomes a significant consideration. Klipsch needs to learn that. I'm just frustrated with having to provide other brands when I know that the Reference sound better.

I don't find the Reference at all offensive and when I look at several high end brands, don't really see much difference between many brands cabinet shapes. Now that said, I would love to see more veneer options - perhaps that would make the refence more appealing.

Yup...just as dorkey as ever! The comments about being Synergies cheaper brother came not from me, but from several of my customers ....

hmmm, being confident in my taste and sense of qaulity I don't need cabinet art.. I rather like the understated apearance of the current Ref line

but then a lot of folks seem to require "g-wiz-look-at-me" styling in more then just their choice of speakers, I bet some of those customers fall into that catagory... maybe you could offer them "appearance-mods" you know, like wheels kids are installing on their cars