The Road To Forty (NFL Playoff Schedule)

And I haven't heard about this nasty storm you talk off, ah man it better not do any major damage, or any damage that will dampen the spirits or the game itself. I wanna be that 65yr old someday telling his grandson that when his grand'pa was 19 he saw the Steelers unleash inifite cans of whoop-*** on the Seahawks ;)

Ha, I bet you do. But yeah, there is a nasty storm brewing off the Oregon / Washington coast. It's supposed to bring systained 40mph ish winds with gusts up to 65. Now, I know that's just a day in the park for all you Gulf Coast guys, but up here were we have trees that are in excess of 100 foot tall and bigger around than my Jeep, that brings on the serious pucker factor. We have three of those right behind our house. [:o]

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd think 40-65mph shouldn't do a whole lot of damage but you are right about the trees. I remember back when I was a kid in India, my neighbours had this 100yr old tree in the backyard and during a tropical storm it just fell over on their backyard. But I seriously hope this storm isn't going to pose any threat to the Superbowl and the festivities surrounding it.

so mOOn, what score do you predict for the game? .. I heard this self-proclaimed sports analyst score it 21-20 :| for the steelers

Audible Nectar, you're our inside man :D keep us updated! How're all the pre-XL festivities?? I was watching some amateur footage shot around Detroit and wow Steeler Nation is well represented.

I can't wait for this sunday, why does it seem so far away ... not a day goes by without anxiety

If I could come up for air........[:D]

This place is ROCKIN'[:)] Last night we went to the Bud Bowl private party at Tiger Stadium - Snoop Dogg did a free show! Lots of celebs/jocks/locals mixing for what was just a helluva good time - and a most impressive makeshift club that beats many that do it full time:) Wonderful scenery, great vibe, and the best accruement of all: a back viewing deck/porch that places you right behind the pitchers' mound at Tiger Stadium - where you can see the POV that the many greats who played here did. The dugouts, the pressbox, home plate, and the entire lower bowl between the foul poles was at our feet. Standing there was like "Field Of Dreams".

This place IS Steeler Nation. I kid you not: I have been here two whole days, and have seen a total of FIVE Seahawk jerseys being worn. Now I'm sure that many are out in the 'burbs and haven't made their way downtown - but this place is majority black and gold - including the locals. I've seen more "36" jerseys here than buses themselves.

Ducats are also a hot topic - but don't ask for one downtown, or they'll put ya in the pokey for the weekend. Absolutely no offering/selling of tix is allowed down there so it makes for a lot of odd whispers and such in the crowds. Judging from the online sites, tix are almost non-existent anyway - anyone who is planning to come without one will likely still be without one when they depart.

I'm 4 miles from Ford Field, so the weather won't be an issue in any case. Seems to be more rain on tap than snow - at least for now.

And anyone who says Detroit can't host a Super Bowl? They know not what they speak[:D]

I'd think 40-65mph shouldn't do a whole lot of damage but you are right about the trees. I remember back when I was a kid in India, my neighbours had this 100yr old tree in the backyard and during a tropical storm it just fell over on their backyard. But I seriously hope this storm isn't going to pose any threat to the Superbowl and the festivities surrounding it.

so mOOn, what score do you predict for the game? .. I heard this self-proclaimed sports analyst score it 21-20 :| for the steelers

Oh no... this storm will have no affect on the game, we're roughly 2,000 miles away from Detroit. My biggest concern is how saturated with water the ground is. We have been having minor flooding due to the solid amounts of steady rain we have been having all season long. This coming week will be the first time we've had a stretech of sunshine with no rain since..... Well... I'd say back in fall. I honesty don't recall the last time we had a nice clear day. Summer maybe?

As far as score? I'm not making my official prediction yet. I still think that Seattle has every bit of chance to win as Pittsburgh. From the things I've read, seen, heard, I still just don't think there is a clear cut winner yet.

And Audible Nector? You suck. That's all I have to say. [;)]

Audible Nectar, you're our inside man :D keep us updated! How're all the pre-XL festivities?? I was watching some amateur footage shot around Detroit and wow Steeler Nation is well represented.

I can't wait for this sunday, why does it seem so far away ... not a day goes by without anxiety

If I could come up for air........[:D]

This place is ROCKIN'[:)] Last night we went to the Bud Bowl private party at Tiger Stadium - Snoop Dogg did a free show! Lots of celebs/jocks/locals mixing for what was just a helluva good time - and a most impressive makeshift club that beats many that do it full time:) Wonderful scenery, great vibe, and the best accruement of all: a back viewing deck/porch that places you right behind the pitchers' mound at Tiger Stadium - where you can see the POV that the many greats who played here did. The dugouts, the pressbox, home plate, and the entire lower bowl between the foul poles was at our feet. Standing there was like "Field Of Dreams".

This place IS Steeler Nation. I kid you not: I have been here two whole days, and have seen a total of FIVE Seahawk jerseys being worn. Now I'm sure that many are out in the 'burbs and haven't made their way downtown - but this place is majority black and gold - including the locals. I've seen more "36" jerseys here than buses themselves.

Ducats are also a hot topic - but don't ask for one downtown, or they'll put ya in the pokey for the weekend. Absolutely no offering/selling of tix is allowed down there so it makes for a lot of odd whispers and such in the crowds. Judging from the online sites, tix are almost non-existent anyway - anyone who is planning to come without one will likely still be without one when they depart.

I'm 4 miles from Ford Field, so the weather won't be an issue in any case. Seems to be more rain on tap than snow - at least for now.

And anyone who says Detroit can't host a Super Bowl? They know not what they speak[:D]

I honestly wish I was there for it all, sounds like you had a blast at the Tiger stadium. By any chance are you taking pics that you will post for us later? And I sort of don't mine the million:5 steelers to seahawk jersey ratio ;-) very comforting numbers. You are just 4miles from Ford Field? Awesome!!

I wanted to get the #6 NotreDame jersey or the #36 LA Rams jersey ...theyre both hot hot hot commodities, selling for very non-student friendly prices. I shall ****** one up in due time.

I have an incredibly hard time thinking of a predictable score for this game... I decided I won't predict a score, just the winner ;) Go Steelers!

Its only saturday [:'(] My countdown from days has gone down to hours .... and by the time I calm myself to go to bed, I'll be counting down the minutes. I've got a longday ahead 2moro, with all the analysis, shows on tv, run down of the year, tributes, etc etc... I better purchase my beer and food today and prep it all up for tomorrow :D *so restless*