The Road To Forty (NFL Playoff Schedule)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Gary!

That was a good game. When Shaun got taken out, I was very nervous. It feels good to beat an East Coast team like that. I've heard so many times that the Seahawks couldn't beat an east coast team even after beating the giants.

Seattle looks very good.

I'm a HUGE Steelers fan, next in line would then be Seattle as my wife went to school there. But Seattle looked horrible, three bad fumbles and if the 'Skins would have showed up...the outcome would have been different. I haven't seen the 'Skins play as bad as they did in the playoffs, and it is ashame because they looked awesome all year long.

Congrats m00n on the win.

Next up, Broncos vs those pain in the @** Pats!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Seattle's special teams almost lost them the game. They need to work on their fair catch routine.

The offense showed what they are made of when they had to play without Alexander. He may be back next week, but should be back in three weeks for sure.

The stars were Matt H and Jackson. Many fans were wondering if Jackson was up to playing in the playoffs after his injury. I don't think that anyone will question whether he is ready to play after today.

Bill

Next up, Broncos vs those pain in the @** Pats!

GO BRONCOS!!!

A close game even at 27-13. Whew. A questionable

interference call in the first half and lots of points after turnovers but we'll take it. Life is

good. A home game for the championship would be nice.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

OK, so now that you all have had a week to think about it, who do ya like?

NFC - I like the Seahawks - BIG. This is the week that Carolina's streak runs out. Like the Colts, I thought the week to knock Seattle off was in that first week, and that didn't happen. The key for Seattle is not making the mistake that the Bears made - letting Smith run wild. Seattle won't make that mistake: Smith will get his yards, but he'll have more attention paid to him. Carolina is also beat up. And Alexander should have a good day. Seattle 33, Carolina 14.

AFC - The tougher of the two games to call, IMO. I'm picking the Steelers, on the basis of momentum and the fact that they are playing soooooo well on both sides of the ball. Denver CAN win, and will win if Jake stays mistake free. But I look for that mistake to come - and the Steeler "D" will be there to take advantage of it. Another point: On this "Road To Forty", the ROAD has been emphasized and has won. I think the Steelers are best suited for winning on the road, especially the way they are playing now. Pittsburgh 27, Denver 20.

The ducats for the XL are here - now we just need to know who's going :)

Picks?

OK, so now that you all have had a week to think about it, who do ya like?

NFC - I like the Seahawks - BIG. This is the week that Carolina's streak runs out. Like the Colts, I thought the week to knock Seattle off was in that first week, and that didn't happen. The key for Seattle is not making the mistake that the Bears made - letting Smith run wild. Seattle won't make that mistake: Smith will get his yards, but he'll have more attention paid to him. Carolina is also beat up. And Alexander should have a good day. Seattle 33, Carolina 14.

AFC - The tougher of the two games to call, IMO. I'm picking the Steelers, on the basis of momentum and the fact that they are playing soooooo well on both sides of the ball. Denver CAN win, and will win if Jake stays mistake free. But I look for that mistake to come - and the Steeler "D" will be there to take advantage of it. Another point: On this "Road To Forty", the ROAD has been emphasized and has won. I think the Steelers are best suited for winning on the road, especially the way they are playing now. Pittsburgh 27, Denver 20.

The ducats for the XL are here - now we just need to know who's going :)

Picks?

I like the way you think.[:)]

i think Seattle and Denver are going to win which does not make me happy. The Steelers are excellent, but the altitude in Denver will cause the Bus to run out of gas. The home field advantage at Denver is enormous due to the altitude.

Seattle versus the Panthers will be close IMO. Shaun Alexander will not be up to full speed from his injury I suspect. Joe J. should have a busy day. I would like to see 2 or 3 touches from him. I have the impression that Holmgren has saved Joe J as a special weapon for the big games.

Bill

Panthers @ Seahawks

I'm cautiously optimistic on the Seahawks this week. Yes, the Panthers are banged up, but, so are a couple of our folks on offense. The bright side to that though is Seattle has more than two offensive weapons.

Seattle 21

Panthers 17

Steelers @ Broncos

I just can't make a comfortable pick here. I seen some strength in Denver mid season that impressed me. I recall talking to a buddy of mine at work who is a huge Bronco's fan, I was telling him then that I felt if anyone could stop the Colts, it was going to be Denver. Well, San Diago and Pittsburg had their way with them before the Broncos got a chance.

A week ago I would have said Denver hands down in this next matchup against the Steelers. HOWEVER, the Steelers played with such ferocity against the Colts now I'm not so sure.

Flip a coin.

The Broncos and Steelers are my two favorite teams. Two of the

best coaches each having long histories with their teams, two dirtbag

quarterbacks, two great offenses, Polamalu, Lynch, Baily, and the

Browns retreads. I doesn't get any better for me than the AFC

championship game vs the Steelers at Denver. Of the three

remaining

games, the Steelers and Broncos are the best match-up.

As I've said before, the

Superbowl will be an anticlimax (no matter who Denver plays there [;)]).

Steelers @ Broncos

I just can't make a comfortable pick here. I seen some strength in Denver mid season that impressed me. I recall talking to a buddy of mine at work who is a huge Bronco's fan, I was telling him then that I felt if anyone could stop the Colts, it was going to be Denver. Well, San Diago and Pittsburg had their way with them before the Broncos got a chance.

A week ago I would have said Denver hands down in this next matchup against the Steelers. HOWEVER, the Steelers played with such ferocity against the Colts now I'm not so sure.

Flip a coin.

m00n, m00n, m00n....

You underestimated us last week against the Colts and we beat them, you now have underestimated us against the Broncos, and we shall beat them as well.

As for your Seahawks...

The MVP of the NFL who holds the rushing title for 2005 is not 100% and hardly practiced this week. They are a well round team, but do not excell in any one area. They let go of one of the best defensive players (Lucas) who is now playing for Carolina (I am sure they never saw that coming). It seems fitting that Carolina will knock off Seattle. First time ever a number 5 and a number 6 will meet.

When was the last time Seattle won a Super Bowl?

When was the last time Seattle went to a Super Bowl?

Better yet when was the last time Seattle was in the Playoffs?

I think you see my point....