The Road To Forty (NFL Playoff Schedule)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow , what a game so far. Looked like Seahawks were gonna run away with it until Steve Smith went to the sidelines yells at Delhomme, gets out on the field and returns a punt for TD. I still think the Seahawks offense is too much handle for the Panthers.

Alexander is running all over the place as I type. Hes been an impact allright, over 60+yds already... or maybe 70+

a seahawks vs. steelers Superbowl XL? uh oh

m00n is pleased with the first half of play with the exception of that one killer return by Steve Smith. That was amazing.......

It would appear as though the Hawks are playing at a much heigher level than the Panthers are. Plus it helps that we have taken out their 3rd string running back. Carolina has no running game now

Yup.... We'll see in a few hours who has the right to be all cocky talk. [:D]

BTW, good luck. May the best two teams win today.

Just gotta get you going a little, Pittsburgh has now beat number 1, 2 and 3 seeds in the playoffs...they can't be stopped.

Honestly we'll be rooting for the 'Hawks, wife went to school out there....

Alexander looks like he is back!

Seahawks are looking so sharp that its almost making me nervous. But as previously mentioned, Steelers have eliminated the top 3 seeded teams already. But no stat matters until the Steelers hold the trophy in their hands.

27-7 , ouch panthers. This game is the equivalent of Chuck Norris roundhouse kicking the little kitties around the house.

OK, so now that you all have had a week to think about it, who do ya like?

NFC - I like the Seahawks - BIG. This is the week that Carolina's streak runs out. Like the Colts, I thought the week to knock Seattle off was in that first week, and that didn't happen. The key for Seattle is not making the mistake that the Bears made - letting Smith run wild. Seattle won't make that mistake: Smith will get his yards, but he'll have more attention paid to him. Carolina is also beat up. And Alexander should have a good day. Seattle 33, Carolina 14.

AFC - The tougher of the two games to call, IMO. I'm picking the Steelers, on the basis of momentum and the fact that they are playing soooooo well on both sides of the ball. Denver CAN win, and will win if Jake stays mistake free. But I look for that mistake to come - and the Steeler "D" will be there to take advantage of it. Another point: On this "Road To Forty", the ROAD has been emphasized and has won. I think the Steelers are best suited for winning on the road, especially the way they are playing now. Pittsburgh 27, Denver 20.

The ducats for the XL are here - now we just need to know who's going :)

Picks?

I like the way you think.[:)]

I wasn't too far off, was I?

Congrats mOOn, on the win and on the 10,000th post

you and I , sir, will sit across from each other on the dinner table on Superbowl night ... go steelers ;-)

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUPERBOWL BOUND BAYBEE. FIRST TIME IN TEAM HISTORY.

No we won't. I wont be able to eat.

That's pretty cool. m00n. Enjoy the win and congrats on a milestone!

What a matchup this is gonna be:

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Seattle Seahawks.

I'll save my prognostications for later.....for now, I'll bask in the glow of a good day of football, and ponder what an extended weekend in the "D" is gonna be like.....

I"VE GOT TICKETS TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH[:D][:D][:D][:D]

To all the Seahawks and Steelers fans congratulations.

M00n I am sorry I ever doubted your team. Both teams blew out their opponents today. For you fans they were great games.

This is going to be the first Super Bowl in a long time that I want both teams to win. I think I will be bummed out if either team loses.

I just hope its a good game.

Again congratulations and its going to be a long two weeks.

Danny

I want this Super Bowl to go to overtime. There has never been an overtime Super Bowl. Since it is the "XL" edition, that would be most appropriate. The other two Super Bowls I've witnessed ended with field goal attempts with the game on the line (XXV - the Norwood "wide right", and XXXVI, the Pats first Super Bowl win in NOLA).

Another story: The Bettis Homecoming. I don't care who you are a fan of, you gotta feel good about this. He's truly one of the good guys.

I"VE GOT TICKETS TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Audible Nectar,

I was looking for your post with the list of the events that are scheduled for SuperBowl XL. Could you repost, PM me or send me to a link. I thought you said that Snoop Dog was performing? Let me know....thanks!

honk honk! all aboard The Bus to Detroit :D

What a way to end his career for Bettis, hes always been a humble, hardworking and a genuinely nice guy. It was because of him that I became part of the Steeler Nation. I've always liked his energy and enthusiasm on the field. For a guy his size, hes got an amazing pair of feet. Next season the Steelers will definitely miss the downhill power running of Bussie. It was a fantastic one-two punch with the agile and fast Parker and the powerhouse in Bettis. I hope they win the Superbowl for many reasons -

1. Bettis deserves one, and especially his last game of his illustrious career

2. Cowher has been one of the best coaches around, this will be his crowning point

3. I LOVE THE STEELERS!

I really want to get one of those oldschool Bettis LA Rams jersey, but theyre hard to come by and quite pricey when they pop up on ebay. It won a bid on a commemorative Jerome Bettis gold coin, was hoping to frame a jersy and the coin with a plaque of some sort.

OK - the "official" events listing is here:

http://www.sbxl.org/events/

The "unofficial" list is large. There is no "one stop" info guide for all of this - but here's a couple of suggestions:

Go to http://www.ticketmaster.com and set up Detroit as your home location (you can freely do this no matter where you live - then switch back if you want), then use the events toggle for "Detroit and all surrounding areas" (middle left side of the page) - leaving all else/other boxes blank - and scroll through the comprehensive listing of ticketed events for the Detroit region for Feb 1-5. You will have to scroll through lots of pages to get to those dates, but you want to do this "the long way" - as a cursory search for "Super Bowl" will miss many of the ticketed events that weekend.

As for Snoop Dogg (Feb 3) and 3 Doors Down (Feb 4) - those are the "Bud Bowl" concerts - only available from Detroit area radio station call in contests and area bar promo parties. I've been searching high and low for these - and trying to win the contests - and even posted about this to Detroit area residents on this forum - and have yet to get them. They are available for $200-300 each on ebay - but considering they were all free giveaways, I am weary of spending that kind of cash. If I find them for a bit less, though - I might bite - especially since I found nearby digs in Detroit for game weekend without going broke...

Kid Rock is also playing at the Joe Louis Arena on Friday and Saturday - last I heard, those are sold out, but you might try Ticketmaster anyway to see if more got released. Otherwise, there's always Ebay/brokers - they got lots of them - and for not too jacked up prices, either, as there are lots of those circulating.

Also, read the Detroit Free Press online at http://www.freep.com. It has been a daily stop for updates since the day I got the ticket invoice. It has been a fund of info, as I did a daily search for "Super Bowl" every morning, and got in on LOTS of cool stuff (Like Kanye West/Nickelback/Goo Goo Dolls at the State Theater - for FREE, Kid Rock, and a KILLER gameday brunch just outside Super Bowl Headquarters, with Channel 7 and ESPN broadcasting at Robert Porcher's "Free Press Restaurant of the Year" called "Seldom Blues" (read the recent expose on this - it will make you go WOW just reading about it). It's the ultimate tailgate[:D] I've had this covered like a blanket for two months.

So is the whole city of Pittsburgh planning on coming to Detroit?

Oh, and I forgot to mention the Motown Winter Blast - the epicenter of the Super Bowl week celebration in Detroit. Pay particular attention to the "Sprint Stage" lineup - Smash Mouth, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Clint Black, and Kem (plus others) are all performing - free of charge. Plus three other stages of music, plus food, beer, winter activities - but the bottom line, it will be a RAGE - especially if the weather stays in this moderate pattern the midwest has seen lately.

http://www.motownwinterblast.com/index.html