There Goes The Neighborhood!

Corvette6769

This pair of 1978 Klipschorns bid to $5,500.00 on eBay.

The top 8 bidders have a combined feedback rating of 28 (average rating of 3.5). The one with the highest feedback rating only has 11, and strangely enough none look like shills (even though one is no longer a registered user).

That will make it hard to buy a pair of these for a while......or perhaps just the opposite if other sellers think they can get that much for 1978 Klipschorns, could be that the market will flood and I will finally will get a pair after all.

edit: I tried to post this originally on January, 6 2005, while the auction was live and the Forum was down.

I was thinking about bidding on those when they were under 3k. I wouldn't have had to worry about shipping cause I only live about 2 hrs from the seller. But it got a little out of hand. Honestly i'd rather buy a 6kish pair from Klipsch where I could specify color and I know for a fact that they work, plus the warranty. Why wouldn't you spend that extra little bit to get direct from the factory? I don't buy that they were all legit bidders, I'm thinking he didn't get the price so he used a friend to up the bidding.

just my opinion.

chris

The sale price was too unusually high, yet there was nothing really special about the speakers, unless the location was perfect for fighting over......

Therefore, I must conclude that the price was driven up by Dork bids (which is obvious from looking at the auction), combined with a little shilling. $5500, NO WAY, not for that pair, and especially when there's other Khorns being offered (just as nice too) for far less.

That auction stinks, something very wrong. Wait a few weeks, and check back to see what kind of feed back transpires from this auction.

Interesting pictures. If they are 1978 speakers then they have received a number of modifications. Even though the sticker in the picture is an S series which is 1978, the crossovers are AK-2 and not AA which is what 1978's have. The speaker connections to the based bin are definately newer than 1978 also.

78Khorn