Nice turntable at GOODWILL!!!

Allan Songer

Goodwill Industries now runs auctions and there are only a few hours left on an auction for one of these:Lenco%20L75.jpg

The Lenco L75--the last of the high quality Swiss idler wheel turntables--a dedicated tweaker can make one of these SING!! While not at the same level as the Garrard 301/401 or the Thorens TD124, this table when set up properly can run CIRCLES around new tables that retail in the $1000-$1500 range. And there is a farily large following on the web that can help with set up. I heard one of thesea couple of years ago and was blown away.

Anyway--this one might be had for less than a hundred bucks!

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=1735054

I have been following the giant thread about this table on Audiogon. I have not ran into anybody who is not amaze by the sonics of a modified Lenco. Jean Nantais (The guy behind this Phenomenon) is setting up a listening session with me and a few more folks locally. I don't have a golden ear, but I pretty well know what sounds good and not. My dream is to make a DIY table that would blow away TT that are 100X the price. This could be it.

oh man! :( :( About 3-4months ago I posted on the general questions area asking if anyone had any info on the Lenco L75 but I got no replies so figured it was some cheap brand. I saw it in local classifieds for $50!! As I'm currently running some cheap TT I got at a thrift store, a Lloyd's. Now I'm so sad to hear its such a good table, sigh.

Wow Allan,

I used to have that table. I have no idea what I did with it and it may in fact be stored at my mothers house someplace! What a trip. I had no idea that they had become a cult deal. I am sure folks fit a different arm as I remember always having to fidddle with the stock one. I will certainly go on a hunt for it! But you never know, my mother could have given it to the mailman who moved to Tacoma WA!

Josh

I've got an old Lenco at home that I haven't looked at in years. I think it's a direct drive that I bought in the mid 70's. It has (I think) an Audio Technica cartridge as a spare and I believe an Ortophon in the arm. Is there a market for these now? I got lazy when CD's came out. My LP's just sit.

I've got an old Lenco at home that I haven't looked at in years. I think it's a direct drive that I bought in the mid 70's. It has (I think) an Audio Technica cartridge as a spare and I believe an Ortophon in the arm. Is there a market for these now? I got lazy when CD's came out. My LP's just sit.

If your not interested sell them while you can. Sorry no idea about that specific quality of your TT. I have a LD player and LDs so we are in the same boat except my software has a picture and sounds a heck of alot better.

They're on ebay all the time, but about 90% of them are Euro models (50hz). Nice, solid USA (60hz) models turn up every now and then and generally sell for about what this one went for--sometimes less, ususally a bit more.

Jackie McLean on Ad-Lib? Now THERE is a rare record!! My copy is THRASHED but I've never been able to find one that wasn't crazy expensive.

Fini, who posts here, found one for a DOLLAR at a yard sale.