TUBE MONSTERS have landed......OMG

seti

I just aquired 2 tube MONSTER monoblocks made by webster electric which it turns out also made organ amps for Allen/Hammond the closest relative to these amps that I can find are an Allen Type 90 mine just have more tubes/parts otherwise identical. These were PA amplifiers @ LR Central High. I bought them before I had seen them and got lucky. OMG they are heavy and I hate the thought of shipping them anywhere.

Tube compliment is 2 x 5R4GY, 2 x 6550/kt88, 2 x 6SN7, 2 x 0D3(power regulation) and a single 12AU7 per chasis. If you counted that is 9 tubes per monoblock woweee zowee. Who needs lights when these are on?

I have been researching the 0D3 tube and it is a very interesting critter can't wait to see them glow.

The guy I bought them from gave me a name of someone to send them to but geez ship them anywhere? It would be cheaper to drive them somewhere lol...40-50lbs a piece.

Oh BTW thats 90 watts per block for PA use by the time they are built for home use on klipsch they would have about 40-50 watts.

Does anyone recognize these monsters?

Any advice or information welcome.

post-15544-13819279081146_thumb.jpg

The La Scala cabs were perfect and THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!! That was so cool of you : )

I believe KaiserSetSay is drooling over them and saving money to fill them full of drivers and crossovers : ) I'm sure he will chime in onthis thread.

I can see a day in the future when these amps are rebuilt and those La Scalas are ready to rock the block party : )

DefBlockParty LOL

"Does anyone recognize these monsters?"

Yup. My local friend had a pair of those. Some of the transformers were the square potted type on his if recall.

I don't remember any selenuim rectifiers in his.

His were Allan 90's, or Webster/Allans.....it's been awhile.

You'll have plenty of headroom.......

I'm in 100% compliance that these babies need bolted down for shipment! I also think they will look great in chrome with some nice gloss black trannie paint[:)]

Hello Todd, the Indo Scally cabs are going to be my summer project this year, maybe Ian and I will be coming on line with both of them restored at the same time[;)]

What a sweet pick up by SETI, he will have the best of both worlds when he finishes these babies a he now has a pair of the sweetest 8 Watt Sets I've ever heard and being built on Western Electric spec they are some of the finest craftmanship I have ever seen and I'm running 3 pieces of BAT gear mind you!

I probably going to pick up a used BAT VK-60 to drive the Scally's unless something else catches my fancy.

That Allen is very close to what I saw at your house the other evening[:D]

Does anyone know of a good sight for finding/buying schematics for tube amps?

I have been searching the interent off and on but so far I haven't found anything.

Since these are organ amps, I'd look at the Organists Guild of America (OGA) site to see if they have a forum like this one. There are a fair number of DIY/audio hobbyists in the ranks (pun intended) of organists. Maybe one of them might have some info.