HT seats in da house!!

Tom Adams

YIPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! My HT seats from Lane Home Furnishings finally arrived. Man - these are much better than that old brown couch we've been using. Having sat in Berklines and La-Z-Boy seats, I feel these are every bit as good and definitely cheaper. Now if you'll excuse me - I have a good 'ol fashion war movie to watch. [:)]

Tom

post-4338-13819279096248_thumb.jpg

Tom,

Those are sweeeet! Man I can't wait till I'm at that point. But I did manage to install the carpet on the stage.

I was looking at the coaster seats. They have one that is a row of 4 in

a curve and the middle portion is the love seat. I really want to go

this way. As much as I like a recliner the love seat works great when

you just want to strecth out.

I can see you now all stretched out, movie on, and the klipsch singing...ahhhhh[|-)]

Nice Seats!

scooter

They do look great... It means your pretty much done?

I feel these are every bit as good and definitely cheaper.

Much cheaper... hmmm... which brand are they? I know you

mentioned it in your other thread when your wife decided to get them

right away... but I dread the googleized search.

ROb

Scooter - Consider the motorized recliner option (don't think it's available on Coaster, thought). If you haven't tried one, it's great. Infinite adjustment so you can park the recline in exactly the position you want, rather than the 2 they give you usually (partial and full). I have a recliner sofa which never stops in quite the right position, so I'm excited to have the motorized option.

Thanks guys for the nice compliments. Yeah.....the only thing left for the HT room are the drapes for the screen wall and a riser for the back row of seats. Well.....and I'd like a new sub to replace the KSW-15. Been thinking about the new 12d Klipsch.

Sunburn => Yep, it was a skim board. Saw it in some gift shop for cheap, cheap and got the hair-brained idea to turn it into a table. Not sure I like it though. LOL....you da thought I would've dusted the d*mn thing before I shot that pic. Sheesh....[:$]

As for cost....the loveseat I believe was $899. And no, they aren't motorized recliners. But, they are 100% leather and we opted for the "glove leather" type which added some costs. I think the total bill was around $3200 (tax, 5 year leather protection thing, delivery & set-up).

Tom

• Moderators

They look very nice, i also like the color. The room also looks great,now just invite some people over, they will not believe the whole setup.

They look like like you may have a hard time staying awake, better be a good movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Michael for the compliments. As many here who've done one of these projects will attest to, it is a very rewarding thing to not only pull it off, but to have others say such nice things. AND FOR THE RECORD.....there's no way I could have done it as well without the many tips/tricks/ideas I got here. That said....

Nope - didn't start off with a bare shell. When we had the house built, we specifically tagged the room for HT. So, we pre-wired and the builder did the sheetrock and gray paint. Not happy with the "gray cave", we decided to introduce the trim and false columns. Next was the wall paper below the chair rail, the stage, and the false wall (covered in black marine carpet) for the Carada screen. Finally, the projector went in, things wired up, system setup, the projector calibrated, and the seats arrived.

I guess I need to get off my lazy as* and take some final shots of the whole room. [:$]

What you guys don't see and I can't demonstrate is my coolest toy - a fully programmed Harmony 880 that controls everything - and I mean everything. I push a button that says "Watch DVD" and the system fires up and sets everything for DVD's. Push the button that reads, "Scene 2" and the rope lights under the stage toe kick, the cans in the ceiling, and the sconces fade to a preset light level (different for each one). Gotta go to the bathroom? Press "Pause" and then "Scene 3" which brings the cans up full and leaves the rope lights and sconses alone. Man - I'm like a damn kid in a candy store with that friggin' remote in my hand! LOL....[:D]

For those that care, I'm using Lutron Spacer System IR dimmers that can be programmed for 5 different scenes.

Tom

• 1 month later...

Gosh Damon....it's been so long since we shopped them I can't remember the model. They weren't motorized, I know that. They were our favorite until we saw the Lane's. Money was the deciding factor. I felt the comfort (according to my as*) was comparable as was the construction. Probably saved around $300 which isn't a whole lot but $300 will buy you lots of DVD's. [:)]

Tom