Is this thing really worth $13,000.00?

jacksonbart

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When playing a $ 10 record no. Remember your 4 generations away from the master tape. So that cartridge cant extract that mutch information out of the groove. Just think that diamond will show flat spots after about 1000 plays.

Seriously?

cd.jpg

for 13 grand no regardless, but your comparing a medium (actually holds the recording of a performance of music) to a piece of equipment. Come one don't you have a real opinion if you think that thing is a gimmick or has real performance? Is this thing more important than the speakers IYO?

This is worth 19.99(HDAD). Great music, great recording from in this case made from a master tape recorded in 64

post-16829-13819279104822_thumb.jpg

Good question. What would you pay for someone to custom design and build a phono cartridge for you and a few friends?

Klipsch owners are used to an unusually high value for the $ because

Klipsch markets unusually high quality speakers across several high

volume sales chanels, thus lowering the cost.

That cartridge is not being sold as the solution for HT, or bone

shattering rock. What does that leave? My RF-7s are sold into both of

those markets so I get a great speaker I can use for classical music

for a high volume price. If it wasn't for the HT and rock market, I

wouldn't have been able to afford RF-7s.

Leo

I have little doubt that cartridge would sound awesome in a comparable system. That would not be my system. But to most folks, Klipsch speakers aren't worth their price either. THey are happy with their little Bose cubes, portable jam box or MP3 player. I guess it is for each person to decide how they spend their money and which medium they prefer. I also don't think that anyone that would spend that much on a cartridge would be a Klipsch owner. The most expensive 2 channel system that someone has mentioned they own (on another audio site) was $385,000. He might have one of those. I know he didn't own any speakers that any of us own. Is he wrong for owning such a cartridge?

I take it this thread is an extension of analog vs. digital?

There ya go Duke. And I don't see why anyone should have a problem with what you enjoy. I know I don't. If it is music, I am all for it. I play vinyl and CD and enjoy both. It is the music I am after. I don't understand people who crap all over someone elses choice. It seems kind of childish to me.