Klipsch Belles for Sale/SF

Julie

Hi,

First, please forgive my ignorance regarding anything audio. I am the dreaded wife who suggests to the dear husband that those lovely speakers that have been in the living room for the last 20 years might find a better place to live. Not just the female aesthestic thing, but that they are actually not used much. And now, after reading/searching posts here and the internet, I realize how special they are and would like them to go to a good home.

I've listed them on craigslist in the SF Bay Area (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Peninsula) if you'd like to see pics (and no, they aren't those really horrible ones that someone posted about earlier). Definitely don't want to ship them...pickup only. If anyone is interested, let me know.

http://www.craigslist.org/pen/ele/130207939.html

Thanks...

Julie,

I saw those earlier today (I'm up in Sonoma County). Very nice looking. A little rich for my blood, and I have no room for them anyway. You are aware that a lot of folks here are going to suggest you keep them, right? Best of luck with the sale (unless you're talked out of it...;^)

If you heard the verbal description of the other pair (http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/679046/ShowPost.aspx) that I received over the phone on 1-26-06 from the other seller, you would believe his were in the same fine condition as Julie's are. Just glad I was experienced enough in long didtance transactions to know to ask for pictures.

Welcome to the forum Julie. I believe at your asking price may be a bit optimistic. Over the last 12 months I have seen Belle Klipsch loudspeakers in the condition of yours sell for as little as $500.00/pair but more often they have sold through eBay for $1200 to $1800/pair.

Of course, I did see a local ad on Audiogon from some car guy who was willing to pay $1000 for K Horns and $500 for Belles, wonder who that was...

Chris

Does he like big blocks and corvettes......? If he has a 427 roadster, then he's okay in my book, otherwise,.....watch out.

>>Welcome to the forum Julie. I believe at your asking price may be a bit optimistic. Over the last 12 months I have seen Belle >>Klipsch loudspeakers in the condition of yours sell for as little as $500.00/pair but more often they have sold through eBay for $1200 >>to $1800/pair.

Thanks. It may be a bit optimistic, as you say. These sold on eBay at the end of the year. eBay: RARE VINTAGE KLIPSCH BELLE PRO SPEAKERS MONITORS (item 5845839711 end time Dec-30-05 19:00:00 PST)

I'll see how it goes. Thanks for your input!

Belle's for $1200 - $1800? Where have you been the past few months? As stated Belle's have been selling for about $2600 a pair on average in good to excellent condition. Do a completed items search on eBay and see for yourself.

$500, $1200-$1800 would really be optimistic if that is what you expect to pay these days. Hell I sold my '62 vertical Cornwalls in mint condition for $1500.

I would not think of parting with my '78's in WO for less than $2600.

$3000 was because they were in Canada and they are quite scarce up there, not that they are all that common in the US either.

I will agree $3K is on the very high side and I would take Khorn's in second over a pair of Belle Klipsch at that price. They are only a PA speaker after all right. [;)]