Khorn scam on eBay

codhead

Already turned that one in, too. It will be gone soon.

I got a scam "second chance offer" from the Khorns in Illinois that I bid on recently. You can always tell a scam second chance because it does not have a "respond now" key and does not show up in your "My Ebay" messages. I told them to send me pickup address and phone number and I'd be happy to pick them up in a few days and pay cash. Also contacted the real seller and let them know a scammer is sending out fake second chance offers. If I get a reply at all from the scammer, it will be the usual "I'm out of the country, send payment via Western Union, pickup at a relative's home, etc."

I did get a reply from the "second chance" scammer, who told me that as soon as I send "confirm" my name and shipping address with him, he'll complete the "deal" through ebay. Of course, a legit second chance offer is already going through ebay and does all that. What the scammer wants is my contact information so he can contact ebay and hijack my account too. As always, con artists rely on the lure of getting something for nothing or practically nothing to get greedy fools to bend over.