Klipsch THX system

colterphoto1

there's a few guys (htexpert and i forget the other) that sell these

systems and install them too...and they speak pretty highly of them.

Just curious - what's your interest in them? I don't think anything is gonna beat your cornwall setup [;)]

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most here own either Heritage or Reference systems.

I, too, however would like to hear from the THX owners.

Hey Chris,

You may already know this but Play has the THX system set up in a really nice room and they guys are always willing to let you have a listen. They are over off Hwy 46 in Kitty's Crossing next to Giuseppi's.

Billy

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most here own either Heritage or Reference systems.

Hey Chris,

You may already know this but Play has the THX system set up in a really nice room and they guys are always willing to let you have a listen. They are over off Hwy 46 in Kitty's Crossing next to Giuseppi's.

Billy

Wasn't aware of that ... went over to Custom AV and couldn't get anyone to talk to me. Maybe I'll swing by there this week.

Thanks for the tip.

Hey Chris,

Billy

Wasn't aware of that ... went over to Custom AV and couldn't get anyone to talk to me. Maybe I'll swing by there this week.

Thanks for the tip.

They're big into B & W and M & K at CAV and I too have had problems getting someone to talk to me. The owner (Sandy) used to run the Bluffton Audio Warehouse...it was actually some sort of joint venture between AW and her that didn't work out. I bought my KLF 30s from her in '96. But the guys at Play are very friendly and the THX system is outstanding. Go give it a listen.

Billy

I have the original Klipsch THX system (KT-LCR, KT-SW and KT-DS). It is a fantastic system for both movies/video and pretty good with music. The subwoofer is huge with built-in amp, and can fill nearly any room with the dynamic bass that movies demand. You can see a picture and description here:

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=175

While I have loved this system for the last 8 years or so, I am being forced to move to a smaller system, so my excellent condition Klipsch THX system will be for sale. It just might be the bargin that someone just getting started needs.

Shipping will be a bit tricky unless you live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Contact me for detailed pictures of the speaker condition (mostly excellent, some minor surface and grill flaws on the sub).

ferg@mac.com

Hello colterphoto1,

The Klipsch THX Ultra is the best system I have owned. The system before the Klipsch was the Snell Acoustics THX the Klipsch blew it away with ease. I change out about once a year. I now have Def Tech 7000SCs and matching center with the Trinity sub and 4 of the powered surrounds. The new system has been a lot of fun. One thing I will add, is I brought home on loan this weekend is the new RC64 reference center to play around with. If the RF83s sound like this center it does not get any more neutral than this in my opinion.

rmlowz

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chris,

Billy

Thanks for the tip.

They're big into B & W and M & K at CAV and I too have had problems getting someone to talk to me. The owner (Sandy) used to run the Bluffton Audio Warehouse...it was actually some sort of joint venture between AW and her that didn't work out. I bought my KLF 30s from her in '96. But the guys at Play are very friendly and the THX system is outstanding. Go give it a listen.

Billy

Hey Billy - How you know so much about AW and CAV and such?? You live near Chris & I???

BTW....I've heard from reliable folks (the tech's/installers at AW in Beaufort) that if you don't walk into CAV ready to drop $30K you might as well just forget going in there.

Tom

Hey Chris,

Billy

Thanks for the tip.

Billy

Hey Billy - How you know so much about AW and CAV and such?? You live near Chris & I???

BTW....I've heard from reliable folks (the tech's/installers at AW in Beaufort) that if you don't walk into CAV ready to drop $30K you might as well just forget going in there.

Tom

Well I lived down there for a few years and we still have an office in Bluffton. I go there once a week or so. In fact, I bought a rsw 15 from the Beaufort AW yesterday and, as I posted in a previous thread last night, your name came up when one of the guys said they had a customer in Savannah with really cool heresys. I asked if it was you and they said yes! Small world. The funny thing about CAV is that Sandy, the owner, used to be really down to earth but something happened to her. I was in there one day and asked to speak to her just to say hi and maybe buy something but she was too busy. Oh well.

We also work on ft stewart, looks like not too far from you.