New BEC Tweeters

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Could Klipsch be talked into testing the polar response for us folks? Ask Roy to do it?"

How would one go about asking a company to measure a competing product when the results will not likely be flatering....all while the same product is being advertised on the said company's own web site?

What a great company, and site, to allow this type of "openess."

"Could Klipsch be talked into testing the polar response for us folks? Ask Roy to do it?"

How would one go about asking a company to measure a competing product when the results will not likely be flatering....all while the same product is being advertised on the said company's own web site?

What a great company, and site, to allow this type of "openess."

Well, Klipsch just might buy Bob out on this one.

"How would one go about asking a company to measure a competing product when the results will not likely be flattering....all while the same product is being advertised on the said company's own web site?"

One of the truly great things about the people at Klipsch is that they aren't small minded. I think if Bob started advertising speakers on the web site they would probably take issue.

I don't agree with you that any measurements would likely be unflattering to the unit. Bob and me don't see eye to eye on a couple of issues, but the man has a very good handle on what he's doing. Like Bob said earlier -- the horn is the same shape, so we should expect the dispersion characteristics of the new unit to be near identical to the original.

I agree with you Dee, I think Klipsch should definitely take a look at the thing. I also think they should dump the old exponential horns and bring Heritage into the 21st Century with some better horns.

"I agree with you Dee, I think Klipsch should definitely take a look at the thing. I also think they should dump the old exponential horns and bring Heritage into the 21st Century with some better horns.

AMEN!!!!!! I whole heartedly agree. Tractix horns, for starters would bring the Heritage forward. Look at the cottage industry that exist to update/improve/modify the Heritage products. To me that is a true tribute to PWK heritage ..keeping his designs up to date and relevant to what is available. A good many of us love the Heritage line as it is and a lot of us love it an see its potential and go for it.

"Well, Klipsch just might buy Bob out on this one."

They do have a good working relationship with Emminance.

"I agree with you Dee, I think Klipsch should definitely take a look at the thing. I also think they should dump the old exponential horns and bring Heritage into the 21st Century with some better horns."

I'll third that.[:)]

Rick

"To me that is a true tribute to PWK heritage ..keeping his designs up to date and relevant to what is available."

Not necessarily true. How to say this? Maybe F. Klipsch, J. Hunter, and R. Delgado feel that the best way to honor and pay tribute to PWK is to leave them the hell alone for the most part. There have always been "better" tweeters and "better" horns, and they were certainly around when PK was still actively engaged at Klipsch. They are what they are because he liked them that way. I don't believe there's been anything done by anyone on this forum that he didn't already do or try. It's really mostly a hobby with us -- but it was his life. So in the end, what you have is a fingerprint of his mind, an extension of his very self. Imagine those guys sitting around a table, and how hard it might be even to talk about changing them. It probably conjurs up the same kind of feelings that planning an adulterous affair might. We have the benefit of disconnect -- they don't -- they were around him for decades.

Maybe the answer is to offer a "substitution package" -- like options you choose from when you buy a new car.

105dB/2.83v

Not sure -- hopefully just a week or two. I have a feeling it is going to take Bob and Michael some time to assemble the drivers and fill all of the orders -- you better get on the list if you want a pair.

Hey, I sold 8 pairs this week -- where's my commission!:)

"To me that is a true tribute to PWK heritage ..keeping his designs up to date and relevant to what is available."

Not necessarily true. How to say this? Maybe F. Klipsch, J. Hunter, and R. Delgado feel that the best way to honor and pay tribute to PWK is to leave them the hell alone for the most part. There have always been "better" tweeters and "better" horns, and they were certainly around when PK was still actively engaged at Klipsch. They are what they are because he liked them that way. I don't believe there's been anything done by anyone on this forum that he didn't already do or try. It's really mostly a hobby with us -- but it was his life. So in the end, what you have is a fingerprint of his mind, an extension of his very self. Imagine those guys sitting around a table, and how hard it might be even to talk about changing them. It probably conjurs up the same kind of feelings that planning an adulterous affair might. We have the benefit of disconnect -- they don't -- they were around him for decades.

Maybe the answer is to offer a "substitution package" -- like options you choose from when you buy a new car.

I am asking this because I don't know, but in the end did he not select a tractix horn as a probable mid/tweeter for the Jubilee? If in fact that were the case would that not point to his possessing at least a minimum curiosity about moving away from the exponential horn. Also isn't that one of the tidbits of info they threw at us at Indy last year in the Heritage room that towards the end he was beginning to accept that a tractix horn was a better option. No doubt he had a strong affinity for the exponential horn.

"Yes, I can imagine Mr. Paul deciding to switch to a tractix mid horn and this tweeter for Heritage."

I can't. In fact, I'm pretty sure he would have thought that just about everything done around here as being "damned foolish."

lol, I think it was either Trey or Markthat told me about Roy Delgado

and PWK arguing back and forth between tractrix and exponential

flares....eventually they each compromised their opinion and that's why

the chorus/forte/KLF lineups have a tractrix squaker and exponential

tweeter [:)] Nevertheless, the point is that PWK was always very much

against tractrix horns.

With the Jubilee you would have to go with a tractrix flare so as to

achieve the HF extension needed from the low 2-way crossover.

Just outta curiosity - I wonder how one of the newer THX Ultra horns would work on the Jubilee...

Question for Dean: I've been using your Super AA networks for a few months now in my LaScalas (& love 'em). Would they need to be modified to work with Bob's tweeters?

Would be interested in opinions from others using Dean's networks with these tweeters.

Thanks!

What Dean has stated in this center paragraph is PRECISELY what I was told by Mr. Delgado in a private conversation while in Hope last summer. I think others present could relay the same sentiment. The mid horns were left alone in part as tribute to PWK, that his signature would forever be on HIS Heritage series of speakers.

That is the most significant reason why this line of speakers kept the 401/601 horns.

Michael