Forum Member Sell's PEACH..goes back to SS ..!!!!

Duke Spinner

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, we're gonna have a SHOWDOWN here.....JM Peach vs. Mac Tube preamp (rebuilt MX-110). The only thing that worries me is that my buddy's Peach-To-Be won't wanna leave[:D]

I have had great fun plugging in my 110 against other very pricey preamps and came away with my MX-110 just a smilin' - but I think it will be "meeting it's match" here. Gonna be a very interesting couple of weeks here......

Now, now Duke. No Peach makes BS a dull boy. Honestly, Duke walked me through a very tedious process last night involving an extension cord from another circuit in my house. Ya see, I've experienced all sorts of odd noises when hooking up various sources to the Peach and as Woodog knows, noises and BS Button do not mix: I hate noise!. I have a tremendous ground loop problem with faulty circuit wiring, or something else in my house. The Peach picks all of it up, rather well: almost like a noise tuner. On the long wall with all my gear hooked up to the same circuit, there are three outlets in use. I've got no less than 5 cheater 3 to 2 plugs, surge suppressors, etc, that I've messed with in various configurations without any success until I discussed this with Duke, last night. Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated...,but Duke being a nerdy electrician offered up some advice last night and I tried the extension cord thingy from another circuit proved to me that it's not the Peach. Thank the Lord, Amen.

BS

'there are three outlets in use'

This is an absolute no-no.

Get that wall rewired, connect everything to a single dedicated 20 amp circuit. That's really the best way.

I had my entire house 'rewired' turns out the guy just put new 3 prong plugs in most of the place, no third leg, no ground. Total ripoff. I've got three bedrooms running off the same 15 amp circuit after spending 10K$ on electricians! Oh yea, I ended up renting a target saw and jackhammer and cutting through 8" of sidewalk to run the new underground line MYSELF! Aarrrrggghhhh

M

I don't know if this could be a culprit, but you should make sure anyway that each receptacle has the hot and neutral correctly wired. When I first moved in, I found two outlets wired in reverse, so that the "ground" prong (not the 3rd, grounding pin) was actually hot!

Get one of those $7 outlet circuit testers at your local hardware store. It will also tell you whether the third pin is hooked up to a ground, tho' it won't verify whether it's a separate wire.

Larry

Like Larry said, it's just a little plug in tester. Mine is from GB electronics, get at Home Depot or Lowes, etc. It plugs in to outlet, lights up telling you good/bad/reverse polarity/no ground, etc.

Then you just swap wires at the outlet until it's correct.

MAKE SURE TO TURN CIRCUIT OFF FIRST

, otherwise, you'll end up with hair like mine!

M