Nice La Scala Demo Room

Amy

I would like to see those numbers (dealers having Heritage on display)

this is a serious issue

how can one buy something they never heard?

I for one will not buy new Heritage unless I hear them first

I only buy new speakers and am looking to upgrade my Forte II's

so, what to do

switch brands?

Maybe Klipsch doesn't offer enough incentive for dealers to display them?

Perhaps with the new re-issues Klipsch is working on getting them out there more?

Hope so.

Could be. I've thought about this issue from both sides of the coin. Two thing keeps me coming back to why things are as they are:

(1) BestBuy - you can go to the 2-Chgannel Forum for my thoughts on that, and

(2) The internet. These days, people are buying sight-unseen all the time. You can try to spend a few million stocking Heritage in all the major cities (resulting in sales along the magnitude of onesies and twosies). Or, you can skip all that and sell factory-direct. I'd say there are many people who are capable of learning enough about the product via friends and the internet in order to make them take the leap to buy on-line. You might miss a few sales, but the big question would be are the lost profits from the missed sales greater than the investment it takes to set up all the dealers (as they come and go in and out of business, etc.)

I have not heard the La Scalas 2 but have a pair of 2004 LS and they sound great. The LS 2 has the same top section as mine but has the improved bass bin. The one thing I think many people may not realize is they require quality equipment or they will sound terrible! Which means upgrades to your system.

The size of the room these LS 2s are in is one problem dealers will have in properly setting up LS 2 and the KHorns. If you can not set the speakers up so they will perform at their best then they will not sound all that great and dealer never sells them.

If the dealer cannot sell enough of the new Heritage line then they cannot keep displaying it. It all comes down to money and if the Heritage is not paying the bills then the dealer will put something else in the room that will sell.

What Klipsch needs to do is find out which Klipsch dealers have rooms large enough for these speakers and my have to offer some kind of incentive to display them. In the 70s and 80s these speakers were well known because all Klipsch dealers carried them. Now it will take some good marketing to increase the number they sell.

What they need to do is aggressively market cities like NY, Miami, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Phionex, Las Vegas, and probably about 10 more. Offer dealers in these cities incentives to carry the Heritage line. Then help them set them up.

New KHorns, five La Scalas 2, and a sub is going to cost you over $40,000 for 7.1. For 5.1 probably around $35,00 and most people today want at least 5.1 . Dealers need to be willing to offer package deals that would save the customer at least $5000.

Lets face it the Heritage line will have to be marketed to the rich! I bought my 2004 LS and paid $3500 and two years later they cost $2000 more. The only reason I was able to get them is I took out a loan which I will pay off this year.

If Klipsch really wants to sell more Heritage which after spending all the time and money upgrading the Heritage line then they have to aggressively market them. I am sure Klipsch has thought all this out but it will not be easy selling these speakers.

If the dealer cannot sell enough of the new Heritage line then they cannot keep displaying it. It all comes down to money and if the Heritage is not paying the bills then the dealer will put something else in the room that will sell.

Hello Everyone!

I just happen to be the store manager at Georgia Home Theater. A few thoughts after reading the previous post.

The LaScalas are a statement piece for our showroom. I certainly don't expect that we will be selling these in much quantity, but as a selling tool for the entire Klipsch line. Since we have put these on display, I have received many varied opinions from, "Those are the most beautiful speakers I have ever seen", to "Those would look great.....ON FIRE!!"

No these certainly are not high on wife acceptance factor, but very high on audio enthusiast factor.

We are currently experimenting with placement in different areas of our store for best end results. So far though, in the small room pictured, I have received comments from two existing Klipsch LaScala owners that said these new ones blow the older ones out of the water. Unfortunately I myself have not had the experience of listening to previous generation Lascala models for reference.

I certainly do not agree that the Heritage line will have to be marketed to the rich. I think this is a fairly priced product. Keep in mind that we are in a world where such things as a $10000 phono cartridge or a pair of speakers at $300K do exist. The quality of the cabinetry of the LaScala is amazing.

I don't expect any 5.1 or 7.1 sales from these. Two channel is our target application. The new reference 83 or theTHX Ultra is what we will recommend to our clients looking to do home theater.

These speakers have a great retro feel to them. A lot of our clients want to feel like kids again. I think this is one of the reasons we sold more turntables and stereo tube amps last year than we could have ever imagined. These items take us back to the comfort of the good ole days.

Klipch is a very smart company. They are on top of current trends such as ipod solution product, architectural speakers and distributed audio. They are just making sure to stick to their roots.

Hello Everyone!

I just happen to be the store manager at Georgia Home Theater. A few thoughts after reading the previous post.

The

LaScalas are a statement piece for our showroom. I certainly

don't expect that we will be selling these in much quantity, but as a

selling tool for the entire Klipsch line.

We are currently experimenting with placement in different areas of our store for best end results.

Great that you have joined us!

I suspect that if you can get enough distance between the two speakers,

and point them straight towards a sweet spot where the speakers simply

disappear, then you might sell more of them than you might think.

The soundstage can be very impressive. Let's face it, most people

have never heard a good soundstage where the speakers disappear.

It's not so impressive when you have to close your eyes and focus on

the music to get glimpses of it.

as I mentioned before in my posts

how can you sell something that is not available for one to hear before buying?

that is the main point that is missing for this Heritage line

dealers do not show them at all

so what is one to do

would love to hear these like one could over 20 years ago when dealers would have them available to listen to

as I mentioned before in my posts

how can you sell something that is not available for one to hear before buying?

that is the main point that is missing for this Heritage line

dealers do not show them at all

so what is one to do

would love to hear these like one could over 20 years ago when dealers would have them available to listen to

Yeah, I heard Klipschorns at a dealer about 25 years ago. Long since gone!

I would have bought some anyway because of the forum, but I would have

been tempted to buy a new pair if a dealer had them (and if the

Canadian price was in line with the US).