Chicago MC30's anyone?

kev313

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To prevent aggravation for any interested parties, let me say that the amps have sold. I sincerely thank everyone for the interest. I have tried to address all emails, but there have been a bunch, so I apologize for not getting around to all of them yet.

The amps sold to the first person who inquired. This member expressed a sincere desire and had a few specific questions to address.

So there ya go...I wish I had 15 or so more pair. That would leve only about 10 prospective butyers ampless.

Kevin - licensed to practice law in Illinois, but not on the Klipsch forum.

Contracts 101: Offer + Acceptance = Contract

Am I missing something?

Yeah, counsel, you are actually. Like about 5 emails between me and the first person who inquired. But thanks for the snappy response.

Kevin

Oh, I was told I was #3.

What a blazing waste of 2 days. I pretty much knew when - a DAY after I committed, you told me you were going to post pictures, that something else was up besides the initial post.

Why on earth would someone post pictures to garner interest on somethig when at least one personal already wanted to buy site unseen? Also, If you were negotiating with the first buyer as you say - why post pics publicly? There would be no need. It's illogical. Isn't it?

Hope you got top dollar for them. I learned alot over the past LONG 2 days. Lesson learned.

meagain, keep your chin up. No doubt, these would have been an excellent score for you, plus local to boot, but there is a lot of good stuff out there just waiting for you. This allows you to do a little more reading and getting a better understanding of what it is you really want. Look at it as a blessing.

I don't know what happened here with this transaction, but if there was any wrongdoing I'm sure it'll surface at some point.

Mike

Am I missing something?

Yeah, counsel, you are actually. Like about 5 emails between me and the first person who inquired. But thanks for the snappy response.

Kevin

Oh, I was told I was #3.

What a blazing waste of 2 days. I pretty much knew when - a DAY after I committed, you told me you were going to post pictures, that something else was up besides the initial post.

Why on earth would someone post pictures to garner interest on somethig when at least one personal already wanted to buy site unseen? Also, If you were negotiating with the first buyer as you say - why post pics publicly? There would be no need. It's illogical. Isn't it?

Hope you got top dollar for them. I learned alot over the past LONG 2 days. Lesson learned.

Why post pics? Not to garner interest. There was more than enough interest. You asked what they looked like as did a number of others. I was going to do it so people could stop asking. I was going to do it because I think that we have a nice group of enthusiasts who enjoy looking at good example of audio equi[ment even when they can not or will not purchase it.

Geez, meagain, I thought I was pretty clear in our emails. I wasn't negoitating with the first buyer and I never said that I was "negotiating" with anyone. Someone else committed before I ever heard from you. Period. There were questions about specific aspects of the amp that I wanted to address given that I am selling vintage amps without providing pictures. I wanted the buyer to be comfortable and sure of what he or she is getting. I like selling things that people will enjoy and be able to use. I try to be a responsible seller especially when doing it in a small pool like the Klipsch forum. In this particular case, based on the questions that were asked, I knew that these amps were of the type that this individual wanted. If the person that originally committed was not satisfied with my responses to the questions, however, I would move down the list.

If I wanted "top dollar" you can bet I wouldn't be posting on the Klipsch forum, it would be on ebay or Audiogon. If I wanted "top dollar" I wouldn't be tossing in a pair of speakers with the sale. The fact is is that there is a culture of offering up nice gear to the good Klipsch folks before going elsewhere. I do that whenever I have something that I think people here would be interested in. If I can get a Klipsch forum member in my house to pick these up it is a nice feature for me as I don't have to ship and hopefully a nice time listening to some tunes if all schedules are accomodating.

Let me assure you nothing "was up." Despite the fact that I occassionally offer gear for sale, I really have no intention, or need, of using the forum for my own personal gain. I am an acitve Audiogonner and could have easily gone that route. Maybe I'll stick to that way in the future.

Am I missing something?

Kevin

Oh, I was told I was #3.

Why post pics? Not to garner interest. There was more than enough interest. You asked what they looked like as did a number of others. I was going to do it so people could stop asking. I was going to do it because I think that we have a nice group of enthusiasts who enjoy looking at good example of audio equi[ment even when they can not or will not purchase it.

Geez, meagain, I thought I was pretty clear in our emails. I wasn't negoitating with the first buyer and I never said that I was "negotiating" with anyone. Someone else committed before I ever heard from you. Period. There were questions about specific aspects of the amp that I wanted to address given that I am selling vintage amps without providing pictures. I wanted the buyer to be comfortable and sure of what he or she is getting. I like selling things that people will enjoy and be able to use. I try to be a responsible seller especially when doing it in a small pool like the Klipsch forum. In this particular case, based on the questions that were asked, I knew that these amps were of the type that this individual wanted. If the person that originally committed was not satisfied with my responses to the questions, however, I would move down the list.

If I wanted "top dollar" you can bet I wouldn't be posting on the Klipsch forum, it would be on ebay or Audiogon. If I wanted "top dollar" I wouldn't be tossing in a pair of speakers with the sale. The fact is is that there is a culture of offering up nice gear to the good Klipsch folks before going elsewhere. I do that whenever I have something that I think people here would be interested in. If I can get a Klipsch forum member in my house to pick these up it is a nice feature for me as I don't have to ship and hopefully a nice time listening to some tunes if all schedules are accomodating.

Let me assure you nothing "was up." Despite the fact that I occassionally offer gear for sale, I really have no intention, or need, of using the forum for my own personal gain. I am an acitve Audiogonner and could have easily gone that route. Maybe I'll stick to that way in the future.

No, Kev. You're explanation was more than satisfactory - as is your kindness in offering things up to forum members first. Sometimes, people get their hopes up, misunderstand, and get disappointed. That's all this seems to have been.

Geez, meagain, I thought I was pretty clear in our emails. I wasn't negoitating with the first buyer and I never said that I was "negotiating" with anyone. Someone else committed before I ever heard from you. Period.

That woud have been good to know.

This wasn't gleaned in any of your recent posts here. So much so that even today, others were thinking they weren't sold, getting hopes up, and were asking to buy. It would have been better if the above was posted instead. An update would have been nice to avoid confusion and needless excitement generated when there was zero hope. Discloseing the fact that this was a done deal either by #1, #2, or #3 person, (or as #1 as stated above)..... earlier in the game than 2 days later, would have been a welcomed courtesy.

Geez, meagain, I thought I was pretty clear in our emails. I wasn't negoitating with the first buyer and I never said that I was "negotiating" with anyone. Someone else committed before I ever heard from you. Period.

This wasn't gleaned in any of your recent posts here. So much so that even today, others were thinking they weren't sold, getting hopes up, and were asking to buy. It would have been better if the above was posted instead. An update would have been nice to avoid confusion and needless excitement generated when there was zero hope. Discloseing the fact that this was a done deal either by #1, #2, or #3 person, (or as #1 as stated above)..... earlier in the game than 2 days later, would have been a welcomed courtesy.

I don't know what else to say. I know it has been a long two days for you and I'm sorry. One of the downfalls to selling used gear online, as opposed to opening a stereo store, is that I do my best, but have limits as to how quickly I can address questions and respond to posts.

I have a full time job. I'm sitting at it now drafting this response when I really should be doing other things. And I'm only doing that because now I feel like I need to explain my actions.

I am not able to spend entire days following the Klipsch thread on my post. Does that make me an irresponsible seller? I hope not. I think most people understand these realties when looking at the purchase of used gear.

This forum may be a "real time" conversation for some, but I've got a job and an 11 month old. Really didn't think I'd have to apologize for that, and I'm not going to. Again, I did my best to address the interest, but I have a whole lot of clients and judges that would be looking for me if I was on this comoputer all day. If you need better service than that, I respectfully request you visit your local dealer.

Although it might have the effect of causing potential anxiety to eager buyers, I think it is fine to permit the seller to keep interest peaked until the sale is made. If he said "probably sold" early on, potential buyers might have lost interest, went down another path, and if the items remained available because "potential buyer #1" didn't close the deal, potential buyer #2 might have already changed his/her mind after having lost interest.

Whatever, though. I just don't think assigning fault to anyone is warranted.

EDIT: Not that this was the result of any strategy - I just saw Kev's post about being busy. (like I said - whatever)