WWPWKD?

seti

Jeff,

Would you like it if I just got you a La Scala pinata?

I have heard La Scalas several times and the new ones and I think they sound grand but to each his own.

I love all the Bass Horn loaded Klipsch speakers Jubilee, KHorn, LaScala, and Belle.

you have seen what he would be doing...it's called the Jubilee...I also suspect the new heritage line would have made him smile...tony

Your right the new La Scalas would have made him proud. As I have been thinking about adding BECs new tweeters to my Belles I was wondering what PWK would have changed if he were still modding his heritage line.

I will have Jubilees one day.

Jeff,

I think it was BECAUSE they saw the earlier threads and when you seemingly plunge the knife into someone (I don't think you did this mean spirited) it tends to get to people...like when you like something you own and someone else comes on and professes to know more than you about a certain subject (whether they do or not) and then throw your thoughts "under the bus."...tends to make you a bit, shall we say, sensitive? I have K'Horns...I don't think they lack for bass...I have Heresys...they don't lack for bass either (well except compared with the K'Horns) and I have heard Belles/LaScalas...they got the bass too...which do you like, Ford or Chevy...or Toyota??? [;)]

Bill

Jeff,

I think it was BECAUSE they saw the earlier threads and when you seemingly plunge the knife into someone (I don't think you did this mean spirited) it tends to get to people...like when you like something you own and someone else comes on and professes to know more than you about a certain subject (whether they do or not) and then throw your thoughts "under the bus."...tends to make you a bit, shall we say, sensitive? I have K'Horns...I don't think they lack for bass...I have Heresys...they don't lack for bass either (well except compared with the K'Horns) and I have heard Belles/LaScalas...they got the bass too...which do you like, Ford or Chevy...or Toyota??? [;)]

Bill

Bill, read my earlier threads. Some have anti-LS sarcasm, but when you get to the real meat, you can see I think LS's are fantastic, and I can't fathom why people beat them down like they do.

Ala my Poll that you might have seen asking Why are LS's bass deficient? Option: Shaddenfreude! (meaning, it gives people a thrill to make others suffer).

My above comment was sarcasm because LS's get criticized for being PA speakers and not "home" speakers - which I still think is a silly distinction as it is not a universal "truth" that PA speakers don't sound good in home stereos. I thought it was funny to say if PWK could have done it over again he would have never brought the LaScala home with him and confused us all. [;)]

That was one for the LS "nay-sayers club."

Jeff,

I got it...I knew it was sarcasm but I think some nerves were rubbed raw by others and when you made your sarcastic comment...you got the brunt of OTHERS hate directed at you...anyway, that was just my take on it...by the way...THANKS for trying to explain it to me...(now THAT's sarcasm! [;)][:P][H])

Bill

Thanks, Dean. I knew you knew what I meant. We've had some good fun along the way, haven't we?

Back on topic.....

Well, hmmmm. Was PWK focusing more on business as opposed to the greatest speakers as he aged? Or did he turn the company's reigns over to another who had different ideas?

It is impossible to overlook the decline of Heritage as time progressed. Now, most everyone comments it's hard to find a dealer who carries Heritage even though it's not totally dead, yet.

It is remarkable to see an attempt by Klipsch, the company, to breathe new life into the Heritage line - at a point where the signs at the crossroads seemed to obviously be pointing to mass marketing - especially after landing Best Buy to carry the "subHeritage" line.

What to do? What to do?

I think we are seeing a convergence of "Klipsch to Bose" - with Klipsch realizing Bose might not compete with Klipsch in quality - but Bose has been laughing all the way to the bank for many years, now.

If profits are the driving force, Bose don't blow, and BestBuy is Klipsch's golden goose. I see no life for Heritage down this path. It makes me wonder why Klipsch even messes with Heritage anymore. I think the "re-birth" of Heritage will be short-lived. Not that I wish this, and regardless, it in fact might be to Klipsch's financial benefit.

Might PWK see things the same way? Heck, I don't know. But, with time, all things change.