David Gilmour- On an Island

wheelman

Oh yeah! I pre ordered this months ago and I am also seeing him live in LA on April 19th :)

If you go to www.thefox.net you can listen to most of the disc.

Wonderful guitar work and his voice sounds as good as ever. In fact the

song On An Island has Crosby & Nash on backing vocals...Sweet!

scooter

This is all that is happening as of a few days ago.

Delerium have delayed the release date for the Moonloop LP reissue

until 17th March. Meanwhile the reissue of Stupid Dream is likely to be

available from late March / early April. More news when we have it.

I know that steve has finished his part in the dvd. He has just

rejoined the rest of Blackfield to finish the new disc with them.

I'm sure we won't see anything until June. But you know when it's announced I'll hear about it.

scooter

This is all that is happening as of a few days ago.

Delerium have delayed the release date for the Moonloop LP reissue until 17th March. Meanwhile the reissue of Stupid Dream is likely to be available from late March / early April. More news when we have it.

I know that steve has finished his part in the dvd. He has just rejoined the rest of Blackfield to finish the new disc with them.

I'm sure we won't see anything until June. But you know when it's announced I'll hear about it.

scooter

Thanks Scooter. Blackfield is absolutely amazing!! I can't wait for new stuff by them.

Listened to it 3 times now.. Not over the top fantastic but still very good.. The "On An Island" song with David Crosby and Graham Nash backing vocals sounded like the were just trying too hard... (To just get something down with these two also.) Do not get me wrong I liked it.. just too studio sounding..

Incredibly produced... Sounds great cranked... And still some Pink Floyd influences with samples and totally different songs too. (Styles) Fantastic guitar work... Good vocals... a solid 8+.

Lot's of commercials for this on TV, I hope he/it does well.

IMO, the release of On an Island is exactly what is delaying the release of Pulse. It wouldn't have made any business sense to release both at the same time. Sales of On a Island would have definately suffered. It also explains the now 'so-called' September release of Pulse, it allows sufficient time for the hype of On a Island to subside and Gilmours's tour to be over. Pulse will reap in just boat loads of money regardless of it's release date, PF's management knows this so they're in no hurry.

Again, JMO

My patience is very thin on this issue. Pulse is the only DVD I really wanted to buy since I put together my home theater. I can't believe the saga.[:@]

-PB

IMO, the release of On an Island is exactly what is delaying the release of Pulse. It wouldn't have made any business sense to release both at the same time. Sales of On a Island would have definately suffered. It also explains the now 'so-called' September release of Pulse, it allows sufficient time for the hype of On a Island to subside and Gilmours's tour to be over. Pulse will reap in just boat loads of money regardless of it's release date, PF's management knows this so they're in no hurry.

Again, JMO

My patience is very thin on this issue. Pulse is the only DVD I really wanted to buy since I put together my home theater. I can't believe the saga.[:@]

-PB

That makes a lot of sense, it never occurred to me. I suppose I should crank up the patience knob and sit put for another few months until the DVD.

• 1 month later...