What's up with the search engine?

Parrot

You love having me around and you might as well admit it.

Case in point on the Search function: Type in "Blue Note Songer" and instead of getting the actual 4000+ posts that have been made on this label by Al, you get ONE hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You love having me around and you might as well admit it.

Case in point on the Search function: Type in "Blue Note Songer" and instead of getting the actual 4000+ posts that have been made on this label by Al, you get ONE hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You actually got a hit on a search!? That's more than I have received. I guess I just don't know how to use it properly....

I've actually had better luck going to google proper and typeing in a keyword plus klipsch.

That way, sometimes I can pull up the old format version of the forums. Very old stuff. IF I get really lucky.

What was nice was someone found a way into use a search. It worked really well till they shut it down. I stumbled upon them the other day googling. So they exist somewhere. Just not allowed to use it.

meagain,

that's a good idea to search the entire world wide web with google to find posts on the Klipsch forum.

whatever works is a good thing.

I know I am easily amazed, but that really does amaze me that such a solution would work better than google searching a local server.

thanks.

Using google, I stumbled on this post by ben over at audioasylum, who missed me terribly, it seems. Looks like he associates low power amps with intelligence; go figure. I think a "jackhole" is a kind of rabbit?

• Posted by
bclarke421 (A) on April 20, 2005 at 22:20:17

In Reply to: Re: Using a SE with Klipsch Heresy posted by sberger on April 2, 2005 at 08:40:38:

Well, I wouldn't say there's a consensus with regard to anything over there. We can find something to argue about no matter what. Folks that like low power amps have pretty well left the Klipsch forum in disgust. Too bad, really.

There are still plenty of intelligent guys posting there, it's just that they tend to prefer more headroom. At least that jackhole paulparrot hasn't been around lately!!

ben.