Update on new (for me) LS

Marvel

Been listening to the '86 LaScalas I picked up on my trip through Illinois last week. Today during my lunch time, I met up with John Albright, who has graciously loaned me his set of ALKs. I put them in when I got home. Now my speakers have disappeared and all I hear is music. [:^)] They really sound good. More telling is the difference between good recordings and bad recordings.

The ALs are the originals, and I can see I will be giving up some money to build or buy some new crossovers. I am also probably going to do a major rearranging of the living room. The tall bookcase behind one of the LS will have to be emptied and moved to the opposite wall. It hasn't been moved since we moved into this house in '93. It will change the whole character of the room, but should help out with the positioning a lot.

Too much fun.

Bruce

So glad you got the LaScalas!

If it feels strange to fall in love with an inanimate object - it helps to believe that they really enjoy playing the music. I think mine do - I can certainly hear it when they really like something I put on. I can sense their eagerness to do their best. Maybe they love me, too?

Just to make sure my point was understood...

"Now my speakers have disappeared and all I hear is music."

That is Klipsch Heritage...it's about the MUSIC. Great sounding loudspeakers sound like loudspeakers. I don't want to hear loudspeakers.

Dave

"Now my speakers have disappeared and all I hear is music."

That is Klipsch Heritage...it's about the MUSIC.

Actually, it's the sound of Klipsch Heritage with a nice set of ALKs. At least, that's what I got out of the post.

Bruce,

Glad you finally got them Scala's,sounds like some ALK's in the works as well.Boy it sure is fun to tweak!

Greg

Actually, John is designing a new set that I am going to try out. You know, support your local economy and all that. There isn't a great hurry. When I get them built, his ALKs will go back to him.

And Dave, I knew what you meant. The speakers shouldn't get in the way of the music. I am sure (I know!!!) that I could spend lots more money on this. I just pretty happy right now with these.

Bruce