You really like cones... admit it

jpm

Many of you spend all your time and money trying to make your Klipsch speakers sound like cone speakers. Why bother? Wouldn't it be easier to just buy nice cones in the first place and leave the unmodified Klipsch sound to us guys that like the raw, live edge?

Think about it-

Aye, tis true, he said, shaking his head sadly, the closer than any system, stats, cones or big ole horns get to truly excellent sound, usually by achieving a flat frequency response along an axial plane, the closer those systems come to sounding alike not like each other, mind you, but alike in that they sound less like themselves, less like anything really, but when you solve their problems, dynamics, colorations what have you - then they sound more like the music, more like they arent really there, just the music. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I nodded my agreement. It was true, I thought.

There, he said, be a good lad, and buy us another pint.

dunno, but you can make horns sound like cones

Dean, I'm not making any changes soon and I never mentioned 3 watts

I was just talking to Craig a while ago on the phone, and he said you asked him for some SET amp recommendations. I guess Craig had you confused with someone else who's confused. Easy to understand, since confusion seems to be the order of the day around here anymore.

Dean, Craig suggested I buy a pair of his VRD's. Are those SET? I have no idea. I told him that if I went tube, it would need some real power. After a very pleasant chat on the phone, he implied that I had a pretty good set up as is. He's right, my stuff sounds real, real good. I got to thinking about this cone thing from him bringing it up. He thinks that as you guys change the guts of your speakers with mods and crap, and fool around with vinyl and tubes, you end up with very cone like sounding speakers. Hence, my original question. He's a fun guy to talk to.