Theater Seating - HELP!

boomac

Currently we do not have a recliner in the house but I seem to remember sitting in several and dont recall that they were so loose or sensitive that you couldnt relax back in several different positions.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Im leaning heavy on you all because I have a time problem and doing a lot of my own research would put me well past my deadline. So, a few requests please.

Damon: Where were you checking out the Berliners? I have some time on Wednesday and plan to go see Dave down at Audio Emporium.

Rich and Indy: Im pretty sure both of you posted pictures. Can you recall where or what threads you posted them in?

Wrench722: The recliners look comfortable and I bet they are easy to move. What about relaxing back in several different positions?

I sell the

Palliser theater seats...which are VERY nice but the amount of profit

available is piddly and with the Chinese seats and all the online

discounters, it keeps shrinking. Never the less...do check out the

Palliser seats. A set of three in leather match runs about $1700...

I've seen these at a couple of local stores ... have you had a

chance at comparing them to the Berkline's? Ironically they seem

to sell for more in Canada... [:(] ... as the Chinese ones run 1700$cnd

out the door...

I'll have to check out a "factory direct" retailer i guess, or delay the purchase.

ROb

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Rich and Indy: Im pretty sure both of you posted pictures. Can you recall where or what threads you posted them in?

I thought I had a better pic, but can't find it...this is the best I got. Part of my goal was to get narrow-er seats with low-ish backs. So many I saw were sort of...not sure how to say it nicely...trailer-park-esque. Huge overstuffed things with a more vinyl/plastic look then leather. The removable trays and hidden compartments seemed cheap or child's toy like.

The good thing is that there are lots to choose from and not everybody thinks like me...that would make for a boring world. Like I said before, my wife and I look at a lot. These were a must have almost as soon as we saw them.

We don't have kids, nor do we encourage them to visit our HT (ducking for cover) .[:P] So I am probably not the typical buyer. Other factors probably dictate size, features, etc. for other buyers. That said, I could not be happier with mine.

I'll try and find some different pictures. If you checked out the link I originally posted my model is the "Grand" it looks hideous on their web site. http://www.premierehts.com/sublevel.cfm?template=lounger⊂=Grand Much better in person. I did not like the contrasting piping at all.

post-16462-13819286724062_thumb.jpg

post-16462-13819290996206_thumb.jpg

post-16462-13819294957228_thumb.jpg

Rich everything about that room says 'discerning quality'! Picky would be proud.

I especially like the lighting, very theatrical and functional.

M

Thanks man, it was a labor of love building it. Thing is, there is so much I learned doing it, that I wish I could do it all over again and do it "right". I still need sub(s) to complete it. My KSW is the weak link.

If your ever in the area stop in for a movie or two. Then we will swing by GaryMD's for some ear candy on vinyl.

BTW, I really think Picky's is top notch. So jealous that you have seen it in person.

Indy said: But to have an option of electrical verses not..I have NEVER met anyone that said the opposite... Man, I wish it was manual....

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll put my wife up against any of those electrical gagits![;)]

Hey! That's just a statement - not an offer![:o]

Im also researching new theater seating, but I'm still contemplating which way to go.

The seats on WWW.4seating.com look very attractive and a couple of

their 'three-row' seats in their "Producer" line have peaked my

interest, but buying something when comfort is so important without

testing it first is a little scary.

My current primary seat is an 11 year old Lazyboy recliner that is

perfect with regard to comfort. It's a huge cushy rocking

recliner that clicks and locks into place at any position. You

just rock back a smidgeon, and it clicks in place in whichever position

you like. It will also hold any reclining position from sitting

straight up, to laying flat on my back.....LOL Now that it's

served me well for more than 10 years, I'd like to get matching

replacements.

I need to decide whether to buy "two" new matching recliners that I can

sit in first and know exactly what comfort factor that Im buying up

front, or........... buy a set of three connected seats from someone

like '4seating.com' and hope I can get enough 'comfort &

functionality' questions answered on the phone in advance to know

they'll do the job expected of them. If I do buy from them, it would be

one of three models in black leather in order of preference.....

1. Producer series-VADER.... I love that name too!!

2. Producer series-Excaliber

3. Producer series-VoyagerII

I agree with the other comments that having connected seating is an

attractive option. If I go the Lazyboy route, I'd buy two and

have an endtable between the two. If I go with the theater

seating, I can fit 3 seats in the same allotted space directly in the

sweet spot.

Boomac,

Upstairs is a K horn, a Vertical Cornwall 2 on the side, so horizontal now (yes tilted up slightly to the couch seating position.) K horn amd RSW 15 sub. I have 4 RSW RS7's for side and rear sound fills.

All with a Aragon Stage One preamp and Aragon 2007 amp. (which I really like.)

The K horns have the Ak-4 networks and upgraded drivers.. OMG a huge difference!

Samsung 61" DLP HDTV.

Thats upstairs.

If you look at the picture to the left under my name. That is the setup.

But to have an option of electrical verses not..I have NEVER met anyone that said the opposite... Man, I wish it was manual....

I prefer manual...but prob cuz I'm young and don't mind being limited to a few positions. I'd rather be able to jump out of the chair quickly - I guess old fogeys don't mind moving slow [;)][:P]

But they definetly are comfortable and the little side features are pretty cool too

I dunno what it is, but I find "theatre seating" a bit too "formal"...like you can't just run and jump into a comfortable position like you can with a couch or old chair. It's very much "I am going to watch a movie and I am going to be comfortable watching it or else" - Maybe that's what "upstairs systems" are for - the more casual lounging about watching of movies. Anyone else feel the same way, or am I crazy?

You may want to check out gothifi.com as well...I ordered their "wellington" line which it turns out is made by Berkline. You can pick out whatever config you want. I got 5 seats in microfibre and it was right at 2500 including shipping. They are very comfortable.

post-17670-13819295199514_thumb.jpg

Dang Cal, nice job!

Looks a little lighter as well. I got a black outlet cover on there now...too bad I can't photoshop my actual walls. Can you make the room a tad bigger too? Say 36X50? I wish it were that simple.