Friday afternoon set up.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trey: I will also be there & am willing to do any job.

Picky: After you get the video edited, do you have a way to shrink it to something that will stream over the web? If so, I can host it on my sight for members to see.

cyclonecj: Yes, I do. We'll have to work together on that to see which combination will provide us with best video and sound for a given bandwidth. I can also do it in Flash.

Dr.Who: I have a 10' x10' room in our basement dedicated to producing post-production video. Here is the compliment of some of the equipment:

I have a dual Xeon processor HP x4000 commercial-grade workstation (XP Pro) with dual 18" HP flat screen displays. For NLE (Non-Linear Editing) I use Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5. For Special Effects I use Adobe After Effects 6.5. For audio tweaking I have Adobe Audition 1.5 which handles 5.1 Dolby Surround. I've also got Adobe PhotoShop CS and Adobe Illustrator.

5.1 surround audio mastering will be done on our Klipsch Pro-Media Ultra system!

I have 2 DVD burners, one is a hybrid that will do DVD+/- R as well as Lightscribe lableing and one will do DVD+R only. I also have access to a second, DVD+/- R burner.

cyclonecj: Yes, I do. We'll have to work together on that to see which combination will provide us with best video and sound for a given bandwidth. I can also do it in Flash.

Dr.Who: I have a 10' x10' room in our basement dedicated to producing post-production video. Here is the compliment of some of the equipment:

I have a dual Xeon processor HP x4000 commercial-grade workstation (XP Pro) with dual 18" HP flat screen displays. For NLE (Non-Linear Editing) I use Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5. For Special Effects I use Adobe After Effects 6.5. For audio tweaking I have Adobe Audition 1.5 which handles 5.1 Dolby Surround. I've also got Adobe PhotoShop CS and Adobe Illustrator.

5.1 surround audio mastering will be done on our Klipsch Pro-Media Ultra system!

I have 2 DVD burners, one is a hybrid that will do DVD+/- R as well as Lightscribe lableing and one will do DVD+R only. I also have access to a second, DVD+/- R burner.

Trey,

"dual Xeon processor, NLE, .......What are they talking about?[:S]

As per my email to you, I will be in Hope +/- mid-day Thurs. (biz trip to Texarkana[;)]) You have my cell#, let me know what help that you might need. Have had some semi-pro experence in the past. Remember "barnhill arena" in Fayetteville? ZZ Top was scheduled to play there, but the P.A. truck broke down. A local PWK friend and I provided the P.A. for them from our home systems. 4 Cornerhorns with false corners, 8 LaS, 4 CW's for monitors. Everything powered by old DC-300's. After replacing most of the blown K-77's, I think that we broke even. Fun times in the late 70's.

Having said that, (30 years past) I still might be able to run a cable. Let me know what you need.

tc

TC,

Thats a way cool story. Talk about bragging rights.

Yup, ZZ-Top used my speakers for a live concert. Thats cool.

Steve

Steve,

What? Tell me more. Was that a pattern with them? You make me think that they did that all the time. Back then they were big time. Surely they could afford it, and would want control of their own sound system. What we provided for them was NOT adequate for the SPL's that they wanted.

Terry,

I was saying it was cool that they used your speakers and theat you had bragging rights.

Steve

Steve,

It was cool enough, but hard to brag about a nightmare. A very rush setup. Barnhill was a difficult place even for the pro's. All that stuff sounded great at home or in a small club, but was way not enough for that place. I wish I knew how many cubic feet of space there was. Hell, there was an indoor football practice field behind the band stand!

Somehow power to the board was interrupted. We were using the old original DC300's, and with no input......they unloaded. There was an ear-splitting screech (seemed to last for hours) as the K77 VC's melted. You can imagine the....ah...well....the mental condition of the audience there in the 70's.[;)] Many were killed. Some are still institutionalized I'm sure.

Terry

Why didn't you guys disconnect the tweeters and run the squakers full

range? The K55 on that horn should get up to around 14kHz which is more

than enough for a PA system. I would never have considered trying to

blast out those SPLs from those little tweeters, lol.

Why didn't you guys disconnect the tweeters and run the squakers full range? The K55 on that horn should get up to around 14kHz which is more than enough for a PA system. I would never have considered trying to blast out those SPLs from those little tweeters, lol.

Doc,

To answer your question...........'cause we didn't know what we were doing! We were way over our heads with an arena presentation.

My buddy and I had our home rigs, Khorns, 2 LaS each, and a couple of DC300's each. Had a connection at Klipsch (can't say Who, PM me) and got drive systems at dealer cost. We were young audio nuts, in school and by no means could afford to buy the gear (at retail) that we owned. At the time, manufactures sent PWK products to test, cost free, so we got amps for little or nothing.

We thought it might be fun to build some LaS for a PA system. I had an extra bedroom, we bought a used Rad-Arm saw and set up shop in the bedroom. A few weeks later, 6" of saw dust in the floor, and my bride of 6 months thinking that she had made a big mistake with me (sort of the audio "Manson Family"), six LaScalas emerged from that room. We managed to buy, beg, borrow, and steal more DC300's and a board. Got a few Shure mic's and were in business.

We produced a wonderful sound in small clubs, for lesbian folk-singers playing acoustic guitars and singing "jimmy crack corn" or some kind of sh*t.

Got a call, packed up and set up with about 5hrs notice........ZZ-Top and Barnhill Arena was a bit above our skill and ability.[*-)]

Terry

I sure hope to get a copy of whatever you put together for the event[:D]

Did you need us to bring anything like DVD r's or I have access (I hope) to a 3 tray duplicator.

I would imagine that copies of the finished production will be up to Trey and/or Klipsch to pay for/orchestrate, distribute, sell, etc. -This has yet to be discussed.

According to the discussions thus far, the way this is going to work is, please correct me if I am wrong, Trey: We will shoot everything in Hope. I will then take the digital masters (tapes) back with me to Detroit and do all of the editing and post-production stuff at home including the addition of the 5.1 soundtrack. I will then send the finished stuff back to Trey. I don't want to speak for Trey but, unless Trey needs the equipment, bringing duplication equipment may not be of help as everything is being sliced and diced at another location (Michigan). Thanks for your gracious offer!

It IS too bad I won't be able to make it, as I'll be in pre-production on my film...

I would've directed a killer video of the gathering and dinner, complete with drunken breakups, confessionals, even some political scandal thrown into the mix...

soooo many people to meet, and it seems there's gonna be a huge crowd

too... to be honest, I find the demographics of the klipsch crowd to be

most interesting - like I can't find one common trend at all.

Btw, where are the speakers in the studio?

kaiser SET say: Hey! Thanks for the good words about our place!

nicholtl: Nick, I would love to visit your set some day to see you in action! I am so envious of the film education you are now getting. You are so lucky! That sort of schooling did't really exist when I was your age. Bummer! But, I'm making the best of it with all of the technology that now exists and lots of reading! I will attempt to film as much as possible during the weekend in June and put it into some semblance of order once I get it home. I've been collaborating with Trey and others on some ideas I've had including side bars and break-outs. I hope to get a lot of file footage on this trip, too. We're driving down and doing 2 days in Memphis just before we get there. This should be fun. I'm bummed you won't be there, but I understand. I was looking forward to introducing you to Verna, my better half. Another time, my friend. We may be in San Diego for a family reunion within the next year. If you are in LA at that time, maybe we can hook up then?

Seadog: I'm at work right now so I'll have to go by memory. All of the cameras were individual gifts to me from friends. The Miranda was inherited from my uncle.

Here's a blow-up for you:

post-10177-13819297803878_thumb.jpg