Please list your LP collection

Parrot

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By artist, title, and composer if applicable. Thanks.

I wish I could honestly say I have a list. Iv'e just been to lazy over

the years. I have around 7,000 records and 1,500 cd's. I'm not

motivated enough to make a list at this point I guess.

Mine would be similar in size to LarryC's, although I assure his is of a more civilized variety.

Imagine if you will, every LP ever released by these bands and nearly every solo and other group project every member of those bands was ever in (I'm a bit of Rock and Roll Historian, you see)

Beatles Bad Company Tommy Bolin Chicago Deep Purple Led Zeppelin Steely Dan Steppenwolf Van Halen Who Yes

That's a basic outline, now any of the remaining top 100 classic rock albums of all time (AC/DC Back in Black, Fleetwood Mac Rumours, Alan Parsons I Robot, etc.)

Sprinkle in about 10% early electronic music (Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, Eno)

Another 10% jazz and classical

That's about it. I think the count is about 1,000 now. Give or take a couple hundred. It's about 12 linear feet of shelving at current stage.

Let's start off more simply - is there a single album that everyone here owns?!!

Like, this one... (my first one!)

I recall buying LZ, LZII,BS&T4, Steppenwolf Monster and some others from the Columbia Record club around 1971. I would have been 13 at the time. I just checked, I have FOUR copies of that LP on the shelf, some very worn.

M

Let's start off more simply - is there a single album that everyone here owns?!!

Like, this one... (my first one!)

I recall buying LZ, LZII,BS&T4, Steppenwolf Monster and some others from the Columbia Record club around 1971. I would have been 13 at the time. I just checked, I have FOUR copies of that LP on the shelf, some very worn.

M

That's one of my twelve.