Roger Waters touring..doing DSOTM in full

Morton

That is VERY cool since Roger Waters "IS" Pink Floyd.

DOUBT THAT: Darkside without the rest of the Floyd band is a joke. Rockstars are such a bunch of egomanics. David Gilmore is, was, and will always be Pink Floyd. What happened to that reunion they staged last year, all the guys on stage together, that was great, too good I guess. What is Roger's problem?

Look at Van Halen, 25 year celebration, and no tour. They should be touring with Sammy and David Lee splitting the songs between the two of them, they each had their own hits with the band, but NO Eddie and Alex can't get their acts together, put aside any bad feelings, and give the FANS a show to remember. Funny, Sammy and Dave toured together a couple of years ago, that worked out well.

If Roger wants to do Darkside, get the rest of Pink Floyd,and do it right, It's about the fans, not some rockstar ego, Pink Floyd is the show, not Roger Waters!!

Damn man, I like you more with every post I read. The auctioning off of seats seems to be a greedy response to the scalping issue. If people are gonna pay $1000 per seat, it might as well be Roger's, right?

I'm going to try to get pavilion seats are retail price on Saturday. If they are $50 or less, I'm in. otherwise I can buy a couple of DVD's (like Pulse) and kick back at home to enjoy the show.

At an outdoor venue it won't be the full light and staging show that made the Pink Floyd the Biggest Spectacle in Rock back in the day. No inflatable pigs, no flying beds, no massive mirror ball. I know it's about the music mainly, but this will more than likely be a stripped down, 'take their money and run' tour.

Roger must have a castle payment coming up.

Michael

Look at Van Halen, 25 year celebration, and no tour. They should be touring with Sammy and David Lee splitting the songs between the two of them, they each had their own hits with the band, but NO Eddie and Alex can't get their acts together, put aside any bad feelings, and give the FANS a show to remember. Funny, Sammy and Dave toured together a couple of years ago, that worked out well.

Actually there were alot of problems on that tour, given they did actually tour, but Sam & Dave were fighting every chance they were together. Don't quote me, but I think Sammy said something of Dave like "I found you in the gutter & you can go back any time" or something along those lines. Now Sammy says he will never tour with Eddie again, unless Eddie gets some help (rehab).

Sorry to temporarily take over your thread, but I found this....

SAMMY Hagar, finished with fellow Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth, is dissing Diamond Dave's oversize ego, deteriorating singing voice and vanishing hairline.

Hagar and Roth had been co-headlining this summer's laboriously titled "Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth Tour 2002: Song for Song, the Heavyweight Champs of Rock and Roll." But after butting heads with Roth non-stop since they began touring in May, Hagar vows never to work with him again.

"The guy is a [bleep]hole," Hagar told PAGE SIX. "He will never go on tour with me again. He's gonna have to draw a crowd on his own."

Hagar and Roth, who were fired from Van Halen in 1996 and 1985 respectively, had traded insults for years before declaring a truce for the tour. But Hagar says that Roth's prima donna antics have ruined their relationship.

"He's not a man of his word," Hagar fumes. "Dave came to me because no one wanted to book him by himself, because he's such a flake and he has such a bad reputation. But I just can't work with him anymore."

While Hagar admits that Roth's set of Van Halen classics is a crowd-pleaser, he ridicules Roth's decline from swaggering rock god to middle-age nostalgia act. "His voice is not too good. You sit there and go, 'I just saw a guy who was half the singer and half the performer he used to be, who spray-paints his hair on before he goes on stage and still acts like he's in Van Halen in 1982!' . . . It's a joke to me, it's like Liberace or something."

One of mop-topped Hagar's favorite targets is Roth's thinning locks. "We were all on the same plane to go to a show in Dallas, and Dave's hair was brown underneath his hat," Hagar tattles. "The night of the show it was raving platinum. I'd hate to be there when he puts that thing on."

Hagar says that he and Roth were supposed to finish their tour Sept. 2 at Jones Beach, but Roth vetoed it. "He said, 'I don't like the venue.' He wanted to play at Madison Square Garden and he wanted to close. He wasn't going to do it, so we canceled the show."

But while New Yorkers won't see Hagar and Roth sharing the same stage, a solo Hagar is playing a free concert Aug. 29 at Irving Plaza. Since it falls close to the one-year anniversary of Sept. 11, half the tickets will be distributed to Port Authority cops and 9/11 rescue workers.

Despite his dislike of Roth, Hagar says the tour was a hit with Van Halen fans. "It was always a great audience and it was a great rock and roll show," he said. "If it wasn't for that, I would have put him back in nightclubs were he belongs."

Roth did not return calls for comment.

You know what I think? I think that when Roger Waters saw David Gilmour's album hit NO.1 in the states he needed to show off a little, like doing his tour with DSOTM for his second set. I have a feeling Waters is the problem...........just my opinion. As far as Pink Floyd goes "Division Bell" is my favorite album after the "74" release of 'Dark Side'.

If you listen to Pink Floyd's music before DSOTM - The LP's had a lot of mellow tracks...very similiar to "Division Bell". But hey, I'm 55 and older. Still like the floaty mellow stuff. (and by the way, you guys are right. If Gilmour's out touring and Waters is out touring....seems kind of pointless not to let the issues drop, join forces and blow a few of our old minds instead)

Bob

actually Roger Waters .. and The Wall is my favorite Album from which be the way is Pink ?

wish you were here , dark side of the moon , animals and ummagamma are great too ... but why not bring that old Syd Barrett dude back too ... did you watch them on live 8 .. the only one that looked alive was ( Roger ) Nick .. David ..and Rick well they were like going to a Rolling Stones concert they are just there, I have seen them with Roger and without Roger. David Gilmour just dont do it for me .. as far as his cd coming in at No.1 I dont really think that is a good gauge for his music ... there are plenty of acts debuting at No. 1 and I wont even bother wasting my time listening to them.. hey boys I think I just got an LSD flashback from back in the day ..... anyway I will be there Hollywood Bowl and Hard Rock In Vegas !!

thats just my .02

there are tickets for the bowl at $46.00 still today ... btw ...

I have the PULSE CD and VHS. It has the complet DSOTM as performed by 3/4 of Pink Floyd and numerous top notch sidemen in full arena splendor.

I think I'm just gonna save my money for when this finally comes out on DVD. That will be the concert disc of all time. Trust me, it's a beautiful show. I watch the tape all the time.

Michael

Here you go!

As Roger Waters' 2006 summer tour

of Europe moves ever closer, we have news for our North American

friends - the complete run-down of shows he will be playing there in

the Fall, along with the dates that tickets go on sale.

The tour promises a complete

run-through of the 1973 Pink Floyd classic, Dark Side Of The Moon, as

the second half of the show. The first half is a mix of Floyd classics

and Roger's solo material. Elaborate staging is promised, designed by

Mark Fisher, complete with projections, and a full, 360 degree

quadrophonic sound system.

The dates below show on the dates

that tickets go on general sale. American Express cardholders will be

able to purchase tickets 7 days prior to the public on-sale date, and

Amex have already begun emailing their customers with ticketing

information.

Our Roger Waters 2006 Tour Room will be updated with full details of these new dates imminently - including relevent websites, maps to the venues, and more.

6 Sept PNC, Holmdel, NJ, USA On sale: May 19th

8 Sept Tweeter Center, Boston, Mass, USAOn sale: April 29th

12 Sept Madison Square Garden, New York City, NY, USAOn sale: May 15th

13 Sept Madison Square Garden, New York City, NY, USA On sale: May 15th

15 Sept Jones Beach, Wantagh, NY, USAOn sale: May 19th

16 Sept Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ, USAOn sale: May 13th

18 Sept The Palace, Detroit, MI, USAOn sale: May 6th

20 Sept Air Canada Centre, Toronto, CanadaOn sale: May 1st

21 Sept Bell Centre, Montreal, CanadaOn sale: May 1st

23 Sept Nissan Center, Bristow, VA, USAOn sale: May 20th

24 Sept Post Gazette Pavilion, Pittsburgh, PA, USAOn sale: May 1st

27 Sept Gund Arena, Cleveland, OH, USAOn sale: April 29th

29 Sept First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre, Chicago, IL, USAOn sale: May 1st

30 Sept Verizon Wireless, Indianapolis, IN, USAOn sale: May 1st

3 Oct Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ, USAOn sale: April 29th

5 Oct Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USAOn sale: April 30th

8 Oct Theater Under The Stars, Las Vegas, NV, USAOn sale: TBA

10 Oct Shoreline Amphitheatre, San Francisco, CA, USAOn sale: May 7th

12 Oct Key Arena, Seattle, WA, USAOn sale: May 6th

Actually there were alot of problems on that tour, given they did actually tour, but Sam & Dave were fighting every chance they were together. Don't quote me, but I think Sammy said something of Dave like "I found you in the gutter & you can go back any time" or something along those lines. Now Sammy says he will never tour with Eddie again, unless Eddie gets some help (rehab).

Say what you want, in the end Sammy and Diamond Dave DID the tour, Why, because no matter what they are, or how they feel about each other, they are BUSINESS men, no show, no money. They don't have to like each other, but they both like $$$$$$. If Rock concerts were about happy fans, shouldn't they be free, Roger Waters is no different, it"s all about the $$$$, and that's fine, if you want to go, pay the money and go, that's your choice.

I too think that it would be great is Waters and the rest of Floyd could do a reunion. It seems sort of outrageous that he is trying to auction the seats to squeeze out as much as he can from his "loyal" fans. It shouldn't be this much about the money, it should be about the show..but what will the show be when DSOTM is performed by 1/4th of Floyd. I'll wait for Pulse as well.

I too, am in the camp that Floyd should be doing this TOGETHER. After all of these years, I thought they could have patched this up by now. Both Gilmour and Waters made very important contributions to the band that need and deserve to be showcased TOGETHER. The "table" seemed so set for this after the "Live 8" appearance.....

But I will say this: The Waters show WILL BE a very good show....even without Dave. It would be exponentially better WITH Dave, but I still must recommend the Waters tour. I have made the "mistake" before of underestimating Waters playing "solo" - that will never happen again[:D]

And as for the auctioning of seats - this is nothing new. This "technique" has been in use by several artists for a few years through the TM system - and the "brokers" basically are the impetus for this selling method: The artists figure if the brokers are going to pocket the cash from resale of prime seats that the artist might as well keep that for themselves. I actually prefer that TM do this "dutch auction" than just leaving them for the usual distribution methods, because to my way of thinking, there is a better chance of getting prime seats through bid than getting them on first day of sale through TM anyway. Anyone who has been "first in line" at an outlet knows how this goes - usually if you get the best 25% of seats from a "first pull" at TM, you are very lucky.

I will be saving my pennies for a tour of another "foursome" this fall - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young[:D]