FS (RELUCTANTLY): La Scalas $600 in IL

cscmc1

EDIT -- new price, $511. Ebay buyer is a flake. Email if interested!

See my other posts for my rationale for selling... I'm a little too bummed to re-hash it all here, but suffice it to say that I would sure like to keep these speakers. I just bought them and would like to spend more time tuning them to see how accustomed I can get to the Klipsch horn sound, but at the moment I prefer the sound of the old Fostex full-range drivers in TQWT cabinets (which also fit in my room better).

My La Scalas are painted black and have their fair share of scratches and dings, but are structurally sound and electronically excellent. They sit on casters. AA crossovers which appear to be original; I had been in contact with Bob Crites (BEC on this forum) about rebuilding them, and would love to see a buyer follow-through with that. Bob has been MOST helpful answering my many questions and deserves the business!

Anyway, the speakers are here in Charleston, IL (61920) and can be auditioned. Is $600 too much to ask for the pair?

Many thanks,

Chris

cmcougill(at)eiu(dot)edu

Hi, I may be interested, but where is Charleston? Sounds far from home, and I've had my fair share of adventures. Can I get there from here? [:|]

Any pix?

I've built a pair of Transmission-lines around the Seas Thor enclosure, but using Dayton drivers. The bass from these things is smooooooth..... to say the least, so I can hear where you're comming from. Did you build yours?

Hi, I may be interested, but where is Charleston? Sounds far from home, and I've had my fair share of adventures. Can I get there from here? [:|]

Charleston is in east central IL. Where are you located? Shoot me an email and I'll send pics.

My TWQT cabinets were built by a fellow in MI. I just tried different drivers in them and chaged the internal volume a bit with some insulation fo find what I liked. Wound up using the Fostex F120a (pricey, but an AWESOME driver!). You're right. SMOOTH, extended bass. Amazing for a 5" driver!

Chris

I'd like to get in line for these. Not for myself, but for a friend in the area, who has expressed interest in a reasonable pair of La Scalas. You can email me for details, and to send pics please. He may end up chiming in here as well (but I'm holding Shannon's place). ;^)

I think Fini's buddy is in Illinois, that's why this might work out so well. We'll get a new Klipsch lover and Chris will get his sale. And the drive is like one hour. Fini says his buddy is good DIY guy, so they would be well cared for.

Michael

Chris,

I don't know if Shannon got in touch with you, but in an email this AM, he told me he was passing on them. He's looking for a pair in better shape. Thanks for the offer!

Chris, I don't know if Shannon got in touch with you, but in an email this AM, he told me he was passing on them. He's looking for a pair in better shape. Thanks for the offer!

No problem; thanks for the update. FWIW, all these need is either a coat of paint or a veener-job. They are 100% structurally sound, and drivers are near mint.

• 2 weeks later...

...good luck with the sale...Bill

Thanks... I know I'll regret parting with them, but priorities dictate that I do so. I am going to play a little more with the Fostex (add some super tweeters, for instance), so it won't hurt QUITE so bad to see them go!

Chris