Cd-player

Hello there.

This is the first time i`m writing here. And you have to excuse my english, who may not

be so very good. Thats that. So, i have the Klipch 35rf and a tube amp.

My question is: What cd-player can you recomend to this ?

I wonder about the Jolida Jd-100 or maybe Denon DCD 2000 AE. Is there anybody who

have tried something of this? Will this be a good match ? I mostly play rock.

You need not excuse your English here. Most of us are not so hot ourselves...

I am not going to weigh in on your question as I've a rather isolated opinion, but you'll get lots of good advice.

Welcome to the Forum! ...and great listening.

Dave

I like the idea of tubed CD players like the Jolida and Ah! Tjoeb (which you should also consider). I assume the Denon is built like a tank and I am sure it sounds good. I expect it comes down to whether one wants tubes or not....is there any way to listen to these players in your system before buying? If not in your house, how about at a dealer? Listening is ALWAYS the best way to choose a component, preferably in your home, with your other components and with your music.

I say...oh what the heck...Ah! Tjoeb, it´s a nice marantz player with digital mods and tubes...

regards, tony

Hello again.

Thanks for your answers. I am much wiser now [:D]

Maby the sound of the Jolida will be more in my taste. But is it technical good ?

It is a long way from where i live to the dealer. Denon is just minutes away.

What is the biggest difference in the sound from this two players ? Anybody know ?

Does the Jolida have remote volume control? How bout your tube amps?

There are other players on the market that have their own volume knob

that can be controlled via remote and I think such a feature would

outweigh any minor sonic differences between units.

I'm personally a big fan of Sony players and can't stand the annoying transport on the Denon units.

I have a Jolida and, I will say that I love the heck out of this player. I have recently changed the tubes to RCA Black Plate triple mica and the bass extension has totally improved. The player has also taken on a more analogue sound. Check with Brian B at Venus Hi-Fi and see what kind of deal he will give you. PDG