So What Have I Missed?

Jay, sorry I'm gonna get my mileage out of that pic.

Do you have any idea how much WORK it was to drag those all out from all over the house and garage? I sweat a bucketload setting that shot up! Had to change shirts before the photo was taken and everything.

I was gonna put everything in there. There's like 10 synergy and 10 Reference around the house also. Didn't have the energy- but I think the all Heritage stack is awesome.

Michael

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long did that take us to wheel out? 2 hours? I didn't think it'd be such a huge undertaking!

Anyways, glad to see you back Justin...last I remember you posting was

just after some biking accident - was wondering where you ran off to

(though I wasn't as active of a poster back then so perhaps I missed

something).

You might also want to get in contact with Damon who is working on another klipsch fan-club website:

http://www.klipschcorner.com/

He's been busy with his new home (some great threads in the

architectural forum) so it's not finished yet (come on Damon, get it

together) [;)]

You gonna make the pilgrimage this summer? I'm on the same poor college kid budget, but when there's a will there's a way...

I actually should be back in Columbia Missouri by that time... which isn't THAT far away from Hope. Maybe finally I can meet everyone in person for real, only met a couple of the board members offline. I just miles from Fini but work and illness are messing that one up.

Thoughts on a cheap, small-form-factor system for my new livingroom?

You might also want to get in contact with Damon who is working on another klipsch fan-club website:

http://www.klipschcorner.com/

He's been busy with his new home (some great threads in the

architectural forum) so it's not finished yet (come on Damon, get it

together) [;)]

Hey, perhaps we could merge my old SoundWise with KlipschCorner. My site, though supremely outdated, has pulled in 12,000 hits this year so far, while my personal site has pulled in 798,000... Wow.

Good to see you back Justin,the original Answering Machine is back! [:D]

The forum changes and yet stays the same.

Arthur,

You seem to have mellowed a bit yourself. It's really nice to see people around for a long time. Even if they go away for a while and then come back.

Bruce

Nothing compares to bruce's loss (my heart still goes out to

you).... but Stephen Harper is our new Prime Minister...

Everything else is still ok.

ROb

ROb,

You have been through it too. We all need prayers (that sounded pretty religious didn't it?)

I certainly didn't bring it up for sympathy, but I have to admit that my emotions are all over the map. The last month has been pretty rough. I expect the first year to be so, as events come up that I will now face alone. Trying to move on. I have a blog where I vent and ramble, and visit here. Good friends close by help a lot, as well as those at my church.

Bruce

So we're not getting together? Bummer!

Oh, no, before I leave you and I will share an In-N-Out and listen our ears off. I don't have much here, just my HD-600's, my headphone tube/hybrid amp, my UE ifi 5 Pro and Shure e3C headphones... California has been my headphone state, the only Klipsch I have here are my ProMedia 2.1's (which I bought, broken from GoodGuys and rebuilt) and my ProMedia 5.1 Ultra's. I tried packing heresy's and amp and sub in my little sports car (that I totalled last august at the College Ave exit of 101 North) but it just wasn't having it. Luckily, I can easily carry all my listening gear to your place to check out, not sure what your headphone experiences have been... [:|]

Right now I have vision from only my left eye, got in a freak accident last august (seperate to the car accident) with coffee at my old Starbucks and ever since, my right eye has been pretty messed up. Going in May 22nd for a second consultation on getting some sort of surgery to fix the problem, a problem they have yet to figure out! Argh. I called in sick to work for the first time today because of it. Sad!

are you covered because it was a starbucks mistake or so? I am deeply sorry as even though no correlations to your eye damage, my brother had both of his eyes scratched on the cornia due to improperly hitting the airbag (low and into the exhaust where all the gunpowder residue escapes, another reason to wear your seatbelt together) but he was out of work for over 2 months and was basically eyepatched for that amount of time which means, taking care of him and guiding him. I cannot imagine losing an eye.

Justin,

I have the same cans as you (Senn HD-600s), but no amp to play 'em. I've only listened to the headphone jack on my Sony Cd player. Not too hot. I'd love to see/hear your amp! You might be interested in checking out my Khorns...

Hey, who's your eye doc? My boss' brother is an opthomologist in Santa Rosa. That's lousy about your injury.

Well then, I will bring the amp. I totally stepped on my Koss PortaPro's the other day which sucks royally. I always like to play them to people after they listen to HD-600's so they can really appreciate.... the PortaPro's! They are actually really really good cans. I guess we can just use our hands as the headband... haha

The injury occurred at a Starbucks Licensed Concept store, before I was working for the "real deal" as I am now. The company, which I won't name to be Target Corp., setn me to a workers' comp doctor who said I was "A-OK", though my doctor said "severe corneal abrasions". Sadly, the Target Dr. won and I didn't get the proper treatment. I am smart enough to know what I should have done in that situation but I was afraid it would jepardize my promotion (which never happened, so I quit)... I am not sure what I can do about it now, but this doctor, from the North Bay Eye Center, seems to know what he is talking about and truely cares. I got some new drops today which have helped with the swelling and redness, slowly vision is coming back, hopefully in time for me to open my store tomorrow!

About the amp; I love it! Sadly, my house here has really poor wiring. I have had most of the house's wiring replaced but NOT from the source. We all know that unless you treat the source, you can't cure the problem, unless of course I get a power conditioner(?). Well, I've given up on listening to my HD-600's using the amp at my house, my old apartment in Fountain Grove had great wiring, so I got to enjoy them for about three months in the winter when I was having my house renovated. I would love to send the amp to NOSValves' shop and have him take a look at it and tell me about the setup. I was sent a set of tubes (presumably very nice ones) from a forum member YEARS ago but was always too afraid to pop them in, they are in storage in Columbia right now with my Heresys.

Justin,

You should talk to a good Worker's Comp attorney. The best I know in Santa Rosa is William Ferchland. His number is 525-1786. Worth the call, and a consult.

BTW, I can loan you some gear, including Heresys.

Hey Justin,

I'm gonna send you abunch of clouds with silver linings for Christmas Next Year instead of peanutbutterballs.

Oh, Well, Nevermind...

In your case they would probably be carrying acid-rain.

Anyhow, you know where I am, sort of.

toodles

Clu