Poll: what do you like to see from a speaker company?

Obviously, lots of you like Klipsch!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Besides the speakers themselves, what non-sound aspects of speaker companies do you like?

For example:

Customer support, Web site, Pricing of product, Availability of product (internet direct from maker, internet from 3rd party, retail store, etc.), Clear 'goal' of products (for example, with Klipsch, they are going after hi-efficiency, powerful speakers for their size), etc.

Besides the actual sound quality, what things are most important to you for a speaker company? Even if you dont like the sound (or may like something better), what makes you say:

Wow, this is a really cool/good company!

IMO the availability makes big part for a good company. Not the massive marketing like selling in every single big stores like BB but allow people who cannot reach would be able to get their products on the internet.

That is kind of the low side that I can see for Klipsch from having stepping up from their promedia to snergy to their Klispch line for 3years. People read the online website much more than newspaper nowadays and Klipsch is low on publicity over the internet compare to many other speaker companies.

General consumers know Energy, Def Tech, Polk or even B&W(which stays much higher price range than general consumers' can afford) but not Klipsch. The growth of some companies that only retail online like Outlaw or SVS was even higher than Klipsch while their scale is much smaller(well marginal return does hold place, too).

Even though Klipsch do not allow internet dealers but why not do the selling itself like it's Bstock or promdia series? Now it has Ebay as its alternative ways but the scale is just tiny compare to selling online.

Klipsch does have a decent parts department which I encountered several times in the past.

And one last thing, I guess it is pretty impossible but I guess everyone will love a company if they offer upgrade to newer series or higher model for lower price! [H]

Good answers, thanks.

I really agree about the brand exposure. Klipsch's most valuable asset is BY FAR that little gold and black oval that you see on the top left side of the screen. There are lots of good speaker companies that the general public is clueless about (me having to explain M&K to people - they think its a generic company, yet it is one of the best out there - it even sounds like Klipsch!)

On the other hand, if your brand is out there with online reviews, people may all of a sudden 'know' who Speaker Company TTR is just by seeing a review or banner ad somewhere - and all of a sudden it is a name brand to them!

SVS, for example, has built an empire by careful use of the internet.

Calypso's

Calypsos

Collapses

Goalposts

Edit...

Ignore all

Add to dictionary

LOL...

Klipsch needs a home-brew forum, thats how I have over 50,000 posts on one car forum (ULTRA fast posts and no need to have a body, just a subject - also, over 1 new topic per minuite, sometimes as many as a DOZEN per minuite).

I've been working for Starbucks for some time now and have come to realize how amazing this company is. In four months I was promoted three times. I have incredible health insurance, stock option benefits, a 401k and a kind of community just short of cultish! Don't tell me how we are causing the mom and pop places to crash and burn or that we treat our beaneries poorly and buy cheap beans, this stuff just isn't true and I'm tired of arguing! LoL! I love my company though, so yeah, there you go [:D]

And one last thing, I guess it is pretty impossible but I guess everyone will love a company if they offer upgrade to newer series or higher model for lower price! [H]

Yeah, some companies are able to do trade in upgrades and such. Klipsch might be too big for that, but it's a nice thing.

The fact that they like to support users with a forum and factory visits is nice. What other audio companies do this? These are the sort of things that get people more interested.

Most people buy Klipsch because, a friend has them, or they have heard them at someones home and liked them. The first pair I heard was 30 years ago, a pair of La Scalas, never forgot about them, and when I got a chance to buy New Klipsch, I did. No advertisment, no salesman, no one pushing me to buy Today's Best speaker, I sought out a Klipsch dealer, and bought. Didn't get La Scala's but there's always Tomorrow. The forum is nice, but it has no effect on sales, as well it shouldn't.

In any company I give my hard earned dollars to, I look for exceptional customer support. Like it or not, there are other good sounding speakers out there (flame off, I'm trying to make a point here). What typically sets one company apart from the rest is how they handle their customers. I like to feel valued as a customer. That keeps me coming back.

I think it's fantastic that Klipsch runs their own forum where you can actually talk to the factory workers and make suggestions. If I remember right, the Promedia Ultra 2.0 started out as a request or suggestion from forum members. This may not be the case, but it shows that customers play a part in product development. I don't know of many companies that do that.

I also like the idea of "trading in" your old speakers for new ones and all you pay is the difference. I'd like to trade mine in for some reference or heritage series.

Thanks for all the opinions, keep em' coming.

Do you think two big ones would be customer support (SVS anyone, rags to riches?) and the ability to TALK to the company directly (people like Trey only need to spend MAYBE an few minuites a day on here and answer a dozen or so questions a week, and that means a lot, costs Klipsch basically nothing).

The factory (or rather 'lab'/testing areas) tours are cool. Makes the place seem more real. I know JBL has a kicka$$ facility, but I don't think they do any tours except for the media.

Well, Amy likes when her paycheck clears...and when she doesn't get fired...and all that :P

Amy, I started this poll because I look at all the audio companies out there, some are just 'there', but some really stand out. Trying to figure out what NON-sound/speaker aspects of a company people like.

Klipsch makes sales in 2006 due to someone hearing a pair of Klipsch in 1976 - and it happens a whole h3ll of a lot more often than you may think. That would be a indication to me if you keep your reputation and products as good as they are, you will still have the same sort of business in 2036. You have such a solid and good reputation, and it makes a lot of 'no contest' sales - big reason being people trust Klipsch to sound as good as it did 30 years ago.

Even a pair of B3's with a Denon stereo receiver will 'bring people back' to sound the remember from decades past.

heh people want speakers that dissappear and are located in trendy expensive shopping malls and charge full price *cough* damn I am sick Bose *cough*

or stylish like suing alumnium tubing that goes with your uber cool modernistic type home *cough* Bang and Olufsen*

Anyway, I believe that people buy speakers on word of other's advice. I liked the idea that people who agree to showcase their system to others or make appointments to showcase their system to random people that live by should be able to buy at cost but agree to keep minimum standards like must keep speaker looking near new, minimum reciever or pre/pro, etc.