To all those attending the Austin, TX gathering...please read

Just a reminder that the date is getting near. Saturday, June 3 with possibly an early movie or something on Sunday the 4th. Was that still a go Travis?

We would like to get one final count so I'm asking that everyone who will be attending give me an email. Please include:

a) Your "real" name

B) Number of people in your group(family members, etc.)

c) Equipment you intend to bring

d) What day/days you intend to come

If anyone needs hotel directions PLEASE let me know. I would suggest something in the South Congress Ave. area. There is plenty to do within walking distance including visiting the world-famous bat bridge. In fact if anyone is planning on staying for the weekend I can supply tons of things to do outside of the gathering. If anyone needs anything just email me and I'll try to help best I can...don't be shy.

Eric Jenkins

johnericjenkins@yahoo.com

And very close to the "Rose" I might add[:D]

This Boomer is from Austin and I am so glad they got the SanJose up and going, not cheap I see but it's in my old neighborhood and just around the corner from the old Armadillo and right by Jalisco were you can get the best slammers in town with that oh so famous Grito[;)]

Up the street from the Continental Club and a stones throw from the Austin Opera House! Dang I miss home[:(]

Hope everyone has a grand time and for those who make it to Hope we can share the tales of your rocking central Texas meet[<:o)]

• Moderators

Just a reminder that the date is getting near. Saturday, June 3 with possibly an early movie or something on Sunday the 4th. Was that still a go Travis?

We would like to get one final count so I'm asking that everyone who will be attending give me an email. Please include:

a) Your "real" name

B) Number of people in your group(family members, etc.)

c) Equipment you intend to bring

d) What day/days you intend to come

If anyone needs hotel directions PLEASE let me know. I would suggest something in the South Congress Ave. area. There is plenty to do within walking distance including visiting the world-famous bat bridge. In fact if anyone is planning on staying for the weekend I can supply tons of things to do outside of the gathering. If anyone needs anything just email me and I'll try to help best I can...don't be shy.

Eric Jenkins

johnericjenkins@yahoo.com

Eric,

You are so right, coming up close, glad to see we are working on a head count. I will have plenty of food, etc., the more the merrier. As far as the days, Sat. and Sun is fine. I would like to spend the bulk of the time on Sat. and if folks want to to come back on Sun. do a shorter time that day. I am just going to go with the flow and make sure Eric doesn't blow the windows out of the house.

I bought Klipschorns last week so we will have those and LaScalla's upstairs, plenty of room downstairs for a set up with Eric's Cornwalls, I understand folks are bringing Heresey, regular and modified. We will have Reel to Reel going, CD downstairs, LP's upstairs. We will have VRD Amps up and going (Craig got them back to me right away with some special modifications), will probably have a Blueberry Extreame, an MX110 preamp, possibly an unsual amp or preamp from the local high, high, high end audio store, and whatever else anyone wants to bring. You are welcome to bring anything you would like.

We are also supposed to be having a Klipsch center channel box coming up from Houston which we are going to be giving away. Hopefully another surprise or two.

My bear Malcolm is really looking forward to seeing everyone, my wife Kelly is looking forward to it as well but I am betting she runs to the mall with one of your significant others if they are coming.

So please get Eric your information if you are coming so I can have a proper head count on the food, etc. We look forward to seeing you all on the 3rd, and possibly the 4th.

Travis

John -- e-mail Amy and/or Trey to get it pinned to the top. Let me suggest you post your pics in tht thread, too. I'll try to borrow Gary's DVD of the Beethoven Triple Concerto (violin, cello and piano), an interesting classical piece to both watch and hear.

Travis:

"We are also supposed to be having a Klipsch center channel box coming up from Houston which we are going to be giving away. Hopefully another surprise or two."

I've been completely absorbed by this 300B project I've been working on. Thanks for the reminder about this. I'm going out for some parts today, and will get the basics for the minibox at the same time to construct this afternoon. Sheesh, I also have to send out my preamp and a pair of 5Y3s, and it's a crazy-busy time right now trying to also get my exam written for next week.

will you send me your address via PM?

Thanks,

Erik

I will be bringing this stereo 6DN7 amp, so you can see how well

Klipsch do with "flea" power. If anyone is interested I could also

bring a Carver A760x (380/chnl) and/or an SAE 2400 (250/chnl). Maybe

I'll let Travis choose when he's down at my place on the 20th for the

Lone Star Bottleheads Meet.

diy6dn7.jpg

• Moderators

Travis:

"We are also supposed to be having a Klipsch center channel box coming up from Houston which we are going to be giving away. Hopefully another surprise or two."

I've been completely absorbed by this 300B project I've been working on. Thanks for the reminder about this. I'm going out for some parts today, and will get the basics for the minibox at the same time to construct this afternoon. Sheesh, I also have to send out my preamp and a pair of 5Y3s, and it's a crazy-busy time right now trying to also get my exam written for next week.

will you send me your address via PM?

Thanks,

Erik

Erik M

You have a PM

• Moderators

I will be bringing this stereo 6DN7 amp, so you can see how well Klipsch do with "flea" power. If anyone is interested I could also bring a Carver A760x (380/chnl) and/or an SAE 2400 (250/chnl). Maybe I'll let Travis choose when he's down at my place on the 20th for the Lone Star Bottleheads Meet.

Bring em all I say!!!!!!

Travis

I will be bringing this stereo 6DN7 amp, so you can see how well Klipsch do with "flea" power. If anyone is interested I could also bring a Carver A760x (380/chnl) and/or an SAE 2400 (250/chnl). Maybe I'll let Travis choose when he's down at my place on the 20th for the Lone Star Bottleheads Meet.

Bring em all I say!!!!!!

Travis

What's the power output on that fine looking tuber amp in the picture? God I wish I could hang out at that outing, sounds like fun.

• Moderators

diy6dn7.jpg

I saw this beautiful unit in person yesterday and Luther's (Wardsweb) house in San Antonio yesterday and it is beautiful. He hosted a gathering of Texas Bottleheads and there was some very interesting stuff to see and look at. Some of it will be at the Texas Gathering and can't wait for that time to arrive.

Travis

Travis you left before I hooked up my DIY 2A3, so I'll bring it along

too for all to see and hear. It is based on a Loftin-White design that

was tweaked by John (Austin resident DIY guru). He handed me a piece of

note pad paper with the schematic scribbled on it and I turned it into

this:

2A3set.jpg