FS: EARLY K-horns in IL wooden squawkers, etc...

cscmc1

I know of a pair of very early K-horns (a '54 and a '60, as I recall) for sale nearby. I can probably pick them up for ~$2700, and I took several pics that I can provide to interested parties. Email me for info, but NO LOWBALLING. These are not mine; they belong to a friend, and I don't want to send out a dozen pics only to receive an offer of half that. That won't cut it.

I'd buy these for myself, but a) the LaScalas I just bought and sold were too big for my room, and B) I can't afford them! Both have the old wooden midrange horn with University driver, and tweeter mounted in the mouth of the horn (one is square with a University driver, and one is a T-35). Seller says that the woofers were replaced at some point, apparently with K33s.

Cabinets are solid but not the prettiest. Again, I have pics. I can pick these up and make them available for pickup in Charleston, IL.

Let me know if anyone has any interest!

Chris

post-22061-13819298025336_thumb.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: I see how to do it... give me a little time and I'll post them! Moderators: feel free to re-size if necessary!

Seadog -- can I do that? I figured they needed to be hosted somewhere, which I can't do. I'll fiddle around and see if I can get them posted!

post-22061-13819298027846_thumb.jpg

Please post some pic's, there will be several serious people interested in these.

Someone PM Khorn58 in Maine. He has quite a collection of vintage Khorns and other heritage. He will want these.

I'm interested too, but am tapped out disposable income, and don't want to touch the plastic.

EDIT:==================================

Whohooooooo, very sexy. Does she have a sister.......

Mahoganogany! Pretty! So, a pair, each with a different tweeter? The dust actually makes them more attractive (but then again, I'm looking more closely at ladies with gray hair, too...I AM VERY HAPPILY MARRIED, you guys that might mention this to Mrs. fini in Hope...).

Ah, those gray ladies with mis-matched tweeters...

Yup, mis-matched crossovers too, it looks like. They are up in a loft above an auto shop, hence the mess and my inability to test all the drivers, even. Nevertheless, I wish I could afford them myself. Since I can't, I figured someone here would probably like a crack at them.

cscmc1, that is very thoughtful of you to think of posting those beauties here. Well done, we need more members like you.

Oh, I have my own interest in making this happen! I can't afford them, but getting them sold means I get to have them at my house for at least a night to see what the fuss is all about! And, of course, I'd be happy to accept a donation to cover gas and lunch costs during pickup! [;)]

Wouldn't one have to put in new horns? And isn't $2700 a bit high for a VERY mis-matched pair with cabs that are allegedly not in good shape?

Why would you replace the horns? I though the wooden ones were the holy grail of the Klipsch line. I don't know what the value of a pair of original singles is these days as I haven't seen one in ages, so I can't address your pricing query. I know that if I had the jack I'd be all over them... YMMV.