Fave Zep song

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too easy, Karac was RObert's son, who died as a young lad, just before Presence, I think.

Lead Zeppelin was uttered by Who Drummer Keith Moon upon hearing of the formation of the new Yardbirds. Said the combination would go down 'like a lead zeppelin'.

Michael

That stuff about Zep and Satan was debunked a long time ago. Just some jealous fundamentalist nazis looking for the next "book" to burn.

You calling me a liar? [:P] I never heard the rest of the words on that site...but I remember doing it in my room like it was yesterday. I also remember it was the part of the song close to "There are two paths you can go by but in the long run..." and that web site shows the reverse part in that same spot. Seems like too big of a considence. Who knows if it was on purpose or not...but I remember hearing it for the first time and not sleeping all that well that night. Oh to be young again.

Back on topic...I'll put in a 2nd choice for Misty Mountain Hop...hey whoopie cat!

"Take a good look in the mirror and describe what you see(and baby baby do you like it?)." I'm not calling you a liar, lol, or even a fundamentalist nazi. Plant had this to say about it: "To me it's very sad, because 'Stairway To Heaven' was written with every best intention, and as far as reversing tapes and putting messages on the end, that's not my idea of making music."

Actually Karac passed in 1977 after Presence, Robert wrote the song "All of my love" as a tribute to Karac.

My turn: Who was Strider and what does that reference in literature?

Waht band did Robert first start after leaving home?

Do you remember what band Robert and John played in before Robert pulled him into the Zep?

You have got me on the town name in Wales Michael I that they recorded out in the country in a little old thatch house!

What a band, what lifes and if you listen to Robert on Presence and beyond he changed his delivery a little because I think almost loosing Maureen in the '75 crash in Greece really hit him deep.

If you really like the Zep you can Google as Michael mentioned and find tons of killer sites and info[;)]

These answers all from memory, No google or books used.

Actually Karac passed in 1977 after Presence, Robert wrote the song "All of my love" as a tribute to Karac.

I guess the accident came first as Percy recorded Presence from a stool and couldn't tour for a bit.

My turn: Who was Strider and what does that reference in literature?

RObert's Dog, don't know the literary reference.

Waht band did Robert first start after leaving home?

He first jammed with the Delta Blues Band about age 15, then the Tennessee Teens, but he's probably best known for being in the Crawling King Snakes

Do you remember what band Robert and John played in before Robert pulled him into the Zep?

The band of Joy, there were several different versions.

You have got me on the town name in Wales Michael I that they recorded out in the country in a little old thatch house!

Ok, not a town, but the region was known as South Snowdonia, the name of the cottage was Bron-yr-aur, a curious Welsh phrase that means literally 'breasts of gold'.

What a band, what lifes and if you listen to Robert on Presence and beyond he changed his delivery a little because I think almost loosing Maureen in the '75 crash in Greece really hit him deep.

And the answer about the words in the run-out grooves are 'Do What Thou Wilt'

If you really like the Zep you can Google as Michael mentioned and find tons of killer sites and info[;)]

No response to unledded? Anybody have it on DVD? How does it sound in 5.1?I think Ole Lucifer has stolen my thread,damn it. Lucifer doesn't scare me, I'm married to his sister, she scares me.

It's beautiful on DVD, and I think you get more tunes than on the VHS version. Get it.

Michael

Strider is in reference to JRR Tolkien work which you will find was a major facination and influence to some of their work through the years[;)]

I want to apologize and stand corrected as the crash in Greece was in '76 and I should have remembered as I had just gotten to my Airbase in Germany when that happened[:$]

I did not know the region in Wales and I also knew the thatch was called Bron-Yr-Aur but was not thinking that's what you asked

I have compiled a two disc set I call Hammer of the Gods- All the classic best Zep, culled from the remastered CD's. Many of you guys have sent me CD's in the past that I've not been able to respond to. I'll make up ten of these sets for the first ten Forum members to PM me with the name of Robert's dog.

Michael

Well? I took a stab at this... has anyone else? Or did this get overlooked?

No response to unledded? Anybody have it on DVD? How does it sound in 5.1?I think Ole Lucifer has stolen my thread,damn it. Lucifer doesn't scare me, I'm married to his sister, she scares me.

I have the CD "No Quarter" but never picked up the DVD. I loved the CD & I also saw the show on that tour in 94 or 95. It was an excellent show, kind of reminded me of a type of no frills show, kinda like Tom Petty... just come on out & jam. I do remember Jimmy Page coming out & doing a solo with some kind of crazy wind up guitar or something.... that dude can really be "out there".