FS: Quartets - Price Reduced - LA

I am north of Dallas. Checking on a flight is fairly risky due to thousands standing around(TSA) plus the airline guys. The bigger and heavier, the worse it gets. I once tried to ship a countertop dishwasher by checking it. TSA ripped it open, taped it back, and by the time the airline was through with it it was irreparable.

Thousands Standing Around......lol

Good point on the risks to checked luggage.....if nobody were to mess with the packaging there's a passable risk that an original packed klipsch would make the journey but nowadays, you never know when someone will %$#& with your wrapping job in the name of national security........no way.

Dave, I got the message from the wife about pickup next week, that's cool.

Is there any chance you have the mounting brackets that came off of the KG1s? After thinking about it further, I think I am going to mount them as back speakers in the HT. They have to sound better than the Quintets I have there now. If only I had the bucks at the moment for the Quartets, they would be nice for side speakers in the HT, replacing the Heresy 2s that are there now.

Cal, if he does not have the brackets that were attached the KG1's I could make you a trade for them with a pair of black Klipsch KG .5's that I have. I have the wall mountable/rotatable brackets that screw into the back of them. I also have the original carton to ship them in. That way you could still go to 7.1 and stay all Klipsch.

Let me know what you decide to do and maybe we can work something out.

Fzn, Thanks for the offer. I am sure I can buy mounts for less than the shipping either way of these speakers. It just would be nice to use the same holes rather than drilling new ones and plugging the old ones.

If this all works out, I will then have 2 pair of Heresys extra. One pair of H1s in walnut, that have stock value but high quality components in the Xover. The box has been cross braced and the motor boards have also been moved to flush mount and the speakers mounted from the front. The backs have been replaced as the origonals had ports cut into them. There are still the stickers on the old backs. No grills are possible with these speakers. The other pair are bone stock H2s in walnut with cane grills. The finish on these is not so hot, possibly a 7 out of 10. There is nothing for sale from me at the moment, this is only some thinking out loud, but in the future????[;)]

Cal...sounds like you're a Heresy guy like me...if you can get those Quartets you will REALLY like them...if I was to be asked which I preferred it would be a very hard choice...I have loved Heresys for a long time but my Quarts have a BEAUTIFUL sound...good luck and enjoy!

Bill

Cal;

I was just thinking about that the other night because without the KG1's I don't have a use for the mounting brackets, but son of a nutcracker.........those bad boys are somewhere in storage from before I moved overseas. I can't get into the storage either or I have to accept delivery and then storage is on me....so to make a long story short, I can't get to em.

The KG1s are a great size to mount - a good sturdy bracket holds them up well but they are still big enough to look cool and undeniably Klipsch.......

When you pick up the KG1s, you'll be able to check out the Quartets - I don't know if that will help you or torment you ([:'(]

But if you see what you like, I'm flexible on timing and prefer they find the right parents.....

Does Monday work for you for KG1 Pickup? - let me know........Dave

Monday will be fine for pickup and then checkout of the
Quartets.

Gosh darn you with your easy payment plan! [:P]

Why did you have to be so flexible
and nice![;)]

I highly doubt that I could find such an easy seller to deal with so
I guess that I just might have to haul those Quartets to a new home in Riverside. The wife is
going to kill me what with the new popcorn popper for the HT and everything! Oh
well, it is only money, we can eat beans and rice and........... Popcorn[:$] for a week or two I guess.[:P]

tychicum;

I got your email and klipsch post, but I was off the grid for the last 4 days, so I am only catching up tonight.

As per Cal's note - he's interested in kicking the tires when he drops by on Monday. If Cal passes I will let you know whether you need to start looking for a bottle of 18 year old Glenmorangie....[:D]

Cal - Enjoy the Quartets while you feast on popcorn! [:)][:D][:o]

Let me know what you think when you hook them up.......if you don't respond via email right away, I'll understand.....most likely, the grounding you received from your wife as a result of your buying more speakers will include a ban of any fun electronic toys such as internet access....[:(]

Good deal mate ... !

In the interim ... I bought another set of Chorus. An impulse buy.

(I have no self control ...)[<:o)]

Apparently you can't

actually get to many Klipsch Chorus speakers crowded into a single home theatre

Cal you just may have saved my marriage. Thank

you.

If I had bought the Chorus on the weekend ... and then the Quartets from Dave ... for

sure I would be sleeping in the shed for a few days ...

[:P]

Dave;

Indeed I was fearing the worst as I drove home with those

oak beauties [;)] but as I got nearer home, I made the call home as I always do,

just to see if there is anything needed from the store on the way home as we

are 12 miles into the country and going to the store for a gallon of milk is a

pain in the rear. Anyway, I found out that the wife had hurt her knee and was still

working on the house[:^)], we made some small talk, I told her how I felt for her (I

REALLY DID!) and to dont worry and take it easy, put ice on the knee and

relax. I mentioned speakers but I dont think she was listening and she changed

the subject, your call last week was a heads up for her that something was

happening but just what, she did not know nor did she ask.

I stopped for some fast food on the way home as I knew she

would appreciate it. I walked in the door and gave her a hug, kiss and the

food. As we are expecting company this Friday, she is busy cleaning the house

so I just went into the living room/ HT and started cleaning, and re-arranging

the furniture. I brought in the Quartets (she was in the other room) and moved

the Fortes out of the main position and set the Quartets there. The Heresys

were taken out and the Fortes were moved to the sides. I finished cleaning the room

and doing the initial adjustment for sound levels and invited her to watch a

movie with me. She came into the room and asked why I had moved the speakers

around (she didnt notice that they were new!) [:o] and I answered that these are

shorter so we could get a bigger picture on the projector (we still need a

screen so we are viewing on the wall) [~] I popped in Star Wars III because I knew

the sound was very good and we settled in with the movie. The Quartets were

singing in perfect harmony with the Academy center and though I had a pretty

good match, this was seamless across the front. Indeed the Quartets and the

Academy are a perfect match ! The Fortes sound fantastic in the side position

and I have yet to mount the KG1s as rears![<:o)]

One day she will probably notice that these front speaker

look different perhaps it will be when I mount the KG1s as rears. By then

they will have been in the house for a little while and they will be familiar.[:P]

I will be selling the Heresys or at least one pair, but not yet, I will be

enjoying the 8 pair of Klipsch speakers I now have! This is indeed a disease!

It all started in 1977 when I first heard an pair of Khorns, I couldnt afford

them then and dont have the corners for them now but then came the Fortes,

then the Heresy2s, then the LaScalla top section, then the Quintets, then the Cornwallis,

then the Heresy 1s then the Academy center and last but not least the Quartets

and KG1s[:D][:D]

Coulter, I need help! You have been down this road, HELP!!

Cal, the sad prognosis is there is no cure...hope you are enjoying those Quartets...I know I love mine...I should give mine another go with the Academy as I didn't hear a great step up (not much of a difference at all actually) changing Heresy Mains out for Quartets with my Academy center...this could be because I have Heresy rears, could be because the Academy is upgraded with popbumper's K-Stack...could be because I'm crazy...who knows...I do know however that I really enjoy my Quartets and Heresys and now it seems you do too...enjoy the disease but don't let it take over your life...too much...[:D][;)]

Bill