The Klipsch Heritage Sound

rgdawsonco

Well, Im back to this forum after a 5 year hiatus. Back in 2001, I started a thread lamenting the discontinuance of the KLF series in favor of the (then) new Reference series. In my opinion then, I felt, well, Klipsch was a fine speaker company, but for rationale business reasons, had to abandoned its roots, meaning the three way horn loaded designs like the Legacy Series and Heritage Series.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Today I find Klipsch an even more successful speaker manufacture with an amazing array of products in every class. Their decisions have proven rationale. But what got me excited again was the reintroduction of the Heritage Series. Ahhh yes, here is where true Klipsch passion seems to live. The guys that, when asked by their wife, Me or those big speakers gotta go answer Im gonna miss you, honey care about <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Cornwall, K-Horn, LaScala, Heresy.

A long time ago, I once asked an old audiophile friend what he thought about Klipsch. Interestingly, he didnt talk about the sound of music, but the sound of a car door being slammed. He said, Those Klipsch reproduce the sound of a car door slamming so accurately that I cannot tell the difference, and they are they only speakers I have heard that can do so. They sound exactly like the real thing. This same guy also told me a story once where an audiophile, after listening to a front row live piano performance, quipped, my stereo sounds better. The point being that some people dont necessarily like that accurate, right in front of you sound. They like the more vague mellow sounds of wider dispersion speakers. But me? I like the traditional Klipsch with mid range horns. I cannot count the number of times I have been watching a movie and have gotten up to answer the phone, the door, or otherwise reacted to being totally fooled by the sound coming out of my KLF-20s. When you hear sounds coming out of your system that sound that real, well, then its over, your hooked.

I applaud Klipsch for reintroducing the Heritage Series. They are to Klipsch what the Corvette is to Chevy. I think there ought to be a forum here dedicated to the Klipsch Heritage line. And I would love to hear people fortunate enough to own them tell us how they sound. Tell us your OhMyGod experiences with them. Tell us how your friends are converted into awestruck, stuttering fools when they hear them. Tell us about those vintage Cornwalls you found at an estate sale that still amaze you. Tell us how the number one criteria in looking for a home is a place for your K-Horns. Share those love stories. J

Ditto, Greg. Nice post. It summarizes what a lot here hear in the Heritage line.

I love how the Klipschorns make the music sound absolutely live. Nothing like them. Love my Cornwalls and SET for jazz. A 7.1 system with Klipschorns and Belle up front, with Cornwalls and Heresies across the sides and back.

Priceless.

Chris

If you scan this forum you will notice heritage is what is mostly discussed here. Of course the revamp of the heritage line was a great moveon there part. It was not without casualties the demise of the Belle for instance RIP. They did make the La Scala look as beautiful as possible and it is stunning but still no Belle. The might Klipschhorn looks as beautiful as it ever has the only one that looks better imho was the 50th anniversary Klipschhorn. The reintroduction of the towering rock'n Cornwall was long awaited by many here but I still prefer the fully horn loaded klipsch because to me that is where the genius of PWK lies imho. There is only one thing Klipsch could do to knock one out of the ball park and that is to build the Jubilee as PWK and Roy Delgado so carefully perfected. In my opinion it is the last PWK design that should be at the very least have a limited edition run. In the Klipsch factory museum you plainly see that PWK was striving for a two way and with the Jubilee it was realized. If I remember corectly the Jubilee does not even require corners. Sorry for the tangent I went on but you are so right it was great to see them revamp the heritage line BRAVO KLIPSCH!