FS: Oak LaScalas -- cabs by HDBRBuilder

Daddy Dee

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron, yes, in my book, and most all on the forum would immediately state these are Klipsch Scalas. They are going to sell for double what an average set of Scalas would move for, so that accurately pegs their market value, minus $300 to $1000. Dee is selling at the low end of anyone's reasonable asking price.

They were handbuilt and grain matched by an acknowledged Klipsch cabinet maker and ex-employee of note, and Paul smiled the day Andy finished these. They will do nothing but appreciate in value for the next twenty years. Andy even incorporated a few tricks so these cabinets are BETTER than anything else that came out of the factory.

New crossovers, matched componets, a stunning set of solid oak cabinets built with old world craftmanship by Andy. This is the best set of oak La Scalas you will ever see on the market.

Ron, yes, in my book, and most all on the forum would immediately state these are Klipsch Scalas. They are going to sell for double what an average set of Scalas would move for, so that accurately pegs their market value, minus $300 to $1000. Dee is selling at the low end of anyone's reasonable asking price.

They were handbuilt and grain matched by an acknowledged Klipsch cabinet maker and ex-employee of note, and Paul smiled the day Andy finished these. They will do nothing but appreciate in value for the next twenty years. Andy even incorporated a few tricks so these cabinets are BETTER than anything else that came out of the factory.

New crossovers, matched componets, a stunning set of solid oak cabinets built with old world craftmanship by Andy. This is the best set of oak La Scalas you will ever see on the market.

They look very nice....but from the pictures...they look like they are made from oak plywood (especially the rear veiw) rather than solid oak.

You are right Fritz - it's been almost two years for this thread during the construction. The photos detail it. Still, outside of one or two pairs from the factory, these sets are it for Klipsch employee built oak veneered Scalas. This is no veneer aftermarket recovering job, so they will be able to withstand sun and shade for years with little ill effect.

I had a pair of industrial La Scalas that jumped out of a truck bed and went surfing on the interstate 25 years ago, and they were intact besides having the edges chewed and scratched. Andy built these to be even more like brick shithouses, and they are drop dead gorgeous.

This is one of three sets of La Scalas I have ever seen that are living room friendly and guaranteed high WAF.

folks, thanks for the kind words. Hope to have current pictures to post next week...

speakerfritz, yes, the cabs are constructed from oak plywood.

I think that would make for a stronger product (multiple layers of plywood going in different grain directions) than edge joined planks of oak.

It's a darn shame Andy was never able to produce a good quantity of these for sale. But if Klipsch fans have one overarching characteristic, it is that we are cheap. (With the exception of Gilbert, of course.)

Hey, why ya singleing me out......now I'm gonna feel paranoid like Dee. I'm a cheap basturd, guaranteed, just ask my wife [:D]. The only place I really splurged is Craig's VRD's, Marks BBXtreme, my Khorns, my cornwalls, my Indust Heresys' and, ....well, never mind.