Dallas or Austin Audio Stores?

Is anyone aware of any stores in Austin or Dallas that carries tube gear, new or used?

Would love to go there to hear different gear. Waco has a Best Buy. I asked them and they said that they do not sell intertubes there... (sarcastic humor allert!!! )

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Paul

If your willing to travel another 250 miles N. from Dallas, there's a speaker repair shop in Tulsa that has quite a bit of vintage Marantz and McIntosh tube gear. The shop is Off of Mingo Rd.

All of the Mac stuff is for sale, but not all of the Marantz gear is. Most of it is tube gear, but there a few SS components scattered about. It's a regular time capsule.

what are you looking for specifically? There are not really many good higher end shops in DFW/ Krystal Clear in Dallas carries BAT and some others, Marvin's is a pain. I know a couple custom guys who carry Cary and others and might be able to work auditions out. Drop me a note.

Me Loves,

If you decide to make a trip to the DFW area, let me know if you want to hear vintage tubes with Khorns.

Besides the Scott 130 pre and Dynaco MKIII's (that I took to Hope), I have a couple of rebuilt Scott integrated amps that you might want to hear (299D and LK72) to see if you like that sound.

Paul...

I am the same general vicinity as arthurs (Arlington) and Seadog (Fort Worth) and have a tube/Klipschorn system that I would like to have you listen to. If (when!) you come to the area, maybe we could put together a "tour" of at least three systems. I'd like to hear more about your K-horns now that they are back in your home and with the new networks.

Does anybody know if anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area has modified their K-horns with Al K's Trachorns?

Have a great what's-left-of-the-week!

Rob