A dedicated Klipsch fan site

After various delays (me finding time to complete the programming) KlipschCorner.com is operational. This is my own small attempt at grass roots marketing for Klipsch. If I had to summarize the mission statement it would be "To create a site with Klipsch Lore, scientific audio, and home theater information such that such that people currently outside of- or on the fringe of- Klipsch culture will be drawn to learn more about Klipsch."

This site is meant to be a companion to the Klipsch Forums and an easier-to-read repository of the Klipsch audio and home theater knowlege that can be gathered. The site has a news and gossip feed that you can aggregate using your favorite RSS reader. The site has a small but growing list of Articles and Frequently Asked Questions. If you feel like throwing a few pennies at me to help pay the hosting bill you can browse Amazon.com (books, CDs, electronics, DVDs) and click "Buy from Amazon.com"; I figure a lot of people shop there anyway. "The Admin Team" can also post "recommended" items Klipsch fans might like. The next big feature to be implemented (by this weekend I think) is the ability to list your own for-sale items or services for free on the "shop!" page. I specifically did not include a forum feature for obvious reasons.

I am looking for articles and FAQs like the ones already submitted. If you have something you've written up that you're proud of and don't like it being at the mercy of the CommunityServer 2.0 search function why not send me a copy where I can immortalize it, make it easy to find, and give you author credit?

Any ideas for content are welcome. If you feel you or someone else would make a great "Prolific contributor of fantastic articles" I can give you permissions to post on the site.

If you want me to link to your own audio or home theater related website I will, and I can provide you with click-through statistics if you want to know how much traffic you get from klipschcorner.com

If you have a Klipsch-related business I'm happy to throw up a banner for it since this activity enhances the community. Currently only Nosvalves sent me one but I know there are others. People may have to take turns if I get too many requests. I can provide statistics if you want to know how many people clicked on your banner. (Read: this is free advertising for your business)

Am I getting anything out of this? Other than the gratification of creating a community I currently am not. If the site becomes wildly popular perhaps Fred Klipsch will show up at my door with Ed McMahon to shower me with riches and install a pro-cinema home theater in my basement in thanks for my work to increase equity in the Klipsch name. I will not be holding my breath.

Let me know what you think:

http://www.klipschcorner.com/

Cheers,

Damon (loyal Klipsch fan)

Are you hosting this or using a hosting service?

If you need to reach out for an opinion about enterprise system security let me know.

Great site, Damon. Thanks from a fellow Klipsch fan for putting it up.

Let me cogitate for a few days and maybe I can put something brief together that you can list on your site.

Good looking site. One correction... the first Kipsch pilgrimage was in Feb., 2001.

Keep up the good work,

Tony

Was this the pilgrimage to Hope where forum members were actually in Paul's house? I didn't think that was an official Klipsch event so I didn't list it.

Good looking site. One correction... the first Kipsch pilgrimage was in Feb., 2001.

Keep up the good work,

Tony

Was this the pilgrimage to Hope where forum members were actually in Paul's house? I didn't think that was an official Klipsch event so I didn't list it.

That was the gathering that started it all. Klipsch paid for a photographer, had public relations there and bought us food... I'd say it was official.

Tony

Damon,

You have a nice foundation to build an excellent and informative website. I can see where you are going with this... will you be able to use information, ex. "reveneering" threads, from the forum and post it there? Or is that the intellectual property of Klipsch?

It will be nice to go to one spot and find exactly what we are looking for without combing through pages and pages of threads using the search function on the forum. Great idea!

C

If you know of a thread containing good information, then by all means collect the information into a pretty document and send it Damon's way. The goal is to avoid having to dig through the forum.

I think another beneficial feature/section would be to have a list of threads on the forum sorted by topic because some of the information contained therein would not be feasibly converted into a single document (especially on topics with wildly varying opinions).

• Moderators

Damon,

You have a nice foundation to build an excellent and informative website. I can see where you are going with this... will you be able to use information, ex. "reveneering" threads, from the forum and post it there? Or is that the intellectual property of Klipsch?

I don't have any problem with taking information from this forum and putting it on Damon's site. I think that's a great idea!

We're actually looking to have a similar section in our newly re-designed website....something along the lines of "Klipsch University," where we will post useful and educational articles related to all things audio. Perhaps we can recruit some of you to submit articles? That would be great....